misshoelk

Administrative Processing but the Consul said the visa is approved during my interview

102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day! I was interviewed last January 14, 2015 and the Consul said my visa is approved. No further documents were asked and I am now worried because the Form I-134 is with me and was not asked nor submitted.

My case is now under Administrative Processing. What does it mean?
Do all approved visa undergo this status?
Should I submit my I-134 thru the email attachment even if it wasnt asked?
Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you. #verymuchworried #imisshim
Edited by misshoelk

Timeline

My fiancee was not asked for the I-134 either at the interview, nor did she submit it after the interview, yet she was also approved, and is now in the visa "Issued" stage. It appears there is no consistency in the process, but that each case is different depending on who the embassy officer is. I presume that if they need the 134 from you they would ask for it at the interview, or at least give you a 221g at some point, which you apparently never received. Since you are Approved, I see no reason you need to submit anything, just wait for the next status change online. Still, have the 134 ready should they come back and ask for it during the Administrative Process stage. From what I understand, most, if not all, Philippine cases go through the AP process, like a standard procedure.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

Good day! I was interviewed last January 14, 2015 and the Consul said my visa is approved. No further documents were asked and I am now worried because the Form I-134 is with me and was not asked nor submitted.

My case is now under Administrative Processing. What does it mean?
Do all approved visa undergo this status?
Should I submit my I-134 thru the email attachment even if it wasnt asked?
Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you. #verymuchworried #imisshim

"My fiancee was not asked for the I-134 either at the interview, nor did she submit it after the interview, yet she was also approved, and is now in the visa "Issued" stage. It appears there is no consistency in the process, but that each case is different depending on who the embassy officer is. I presume that if they need the 134 from you they would ask for it at the interview, or at least give you a 221g at some point, which you apparently never received. Since you are Approved, I see no reason you need to submit anything, just wait for the next status change online. Still, have the 134 ready should they come back and ask for it during the Administrative Process stage. From what I understand, most, if not all, Philippine cases go through the AP process, like a standard procedure."

Thanks for your response. I was wondering how long did they issue the visa from the time of your fiancee's interview?

The Consul was very kind to me and he didn't ask for any document nor evidence of relationship. He just asked three questions, when and where did we meet and when was the last time we saw each other. So I'm a bit furious why it's AP now. Thanks again.

Edited by misshoelk

Timeline

Her interview was January 12. Then still Ready status until January 20. On January 20 it changed to Administrative Process status. On January 23 it changed to Issued status. That is where we are now, still awaiting delivery. AP is standard procedure so no worries about that at all. Its the "black hole" between Ready and Issued statuses.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

"Her interview was January 12. Then still Ready status until January 20. On January 20 it changed to Administrative Process status. On January 23 it changed to Issued status. That is where we are now, still awaiting delivery. AP is standard procedure so no worries about that at all. Its the "black hole" between Ready and Issued statuses."

Oh maybe I was with her during our medical at St Lukes.:)

Yes, maybe I just have to wait since it was also a holiday last Jan 15-19, 2015 here. I pray everything will be smooth and well. We've been through a lot just to be together already. Thanks for your help! My aunt who was a former K1 applicant also told me that I worry a lot. Good luck to both of you. :)

Timeline

"Her interview was January 12. Then still Ready status until January 20. On January 20 it changed to Administrative Process status. On January 23 it changed to Issued status. That is where we are now, still awaiting delivery. AP is standard procedure so no worries about that at all. Its the "black hole" between Ready and Issued statuses."

Oh maybe I was with her during our medical at St Lukes. :)

Yes, maybe I just have to wait since it was also a holiday last Jan 15-19, 2015 here. I pray everything will be smooth and well. We've been through a lot just to be together already. Thanks for your help! My aunt who was a former K1 applicant also told me that I worry a lot. Good luck to both of you. :)

She did St Lukes on late December and again January 5. I assume the Papal visit holidays slowed things down as well a couple of days. I am actually shocked how fast and smooth the entire process has been, from USCIS filing until now. Much better and faster than I expected.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

me on AP too but i was asked by embassy of 3 documents nvc told us forwarded to embassy already but embassy said these 3 docs not in the packet so ridiculous;)(! was interviewed early dec2014 and its one month now my case on Administrative process despite the fact expedited has bn granted NVC bcoz my hubby supposed to have surgery dec2014, it s an emergency reason but i dont know why embassh didnt look at the expedited request letters from my husband doctor and surgeon explaining how significant the operation and he needs me to take care of him,, now he postponed the schedule and he doesnt want to do without me,, So no choice than to comply again with these lost docs embassy asking,;( Embassy got all the docs now,,, and may e next week my ceac status hopefully will change to issued,,, are you sure the consul said your visa approved clearly heard it? or maybe visa not yet ready to be issued:) remember january 15 to 19 were holidays..

Timeline

"me on AP too but i was asked by embassy of 3 documents nvc told us forwarded to embassy already but embassy said these 3 docs not in the packet so ridiculous;)(! was interviewed early dec2014 and its one month now my case on Administrative process despite the fact expedited has bn granted NVC bcoz my hubby supposed to have surgery dec2014, it s an emergency reason but i dont know why embassh didnt look at the expedited request letters from my husband doctor and surgeon explaining how significant the operation and he needs me to take care of him,, now he postponed the schedule and he doesnt want to do without me,, So no choice than to comply again with these lost docs embassy asking,;( Embassy got all the docs now,,, and may e next week my ceac status hopefully will change to issued,,, are you sure the consul said your visa approved clearly heard it? or maybe visa not yet ready to be issued:) remember january 15 to 19 were holidays.."

Yes he clearly congratulated me that my visa is approved and welcome to Detroit (where my fiance is from). I was surprised he didnt ask for any documents to, he just told me to talk to the courier on how to get my passport. Is it k1 for you or immigrant? I hope your hubby is in good condition right now. When was your interview? When did they receive the documents you forwarded? I hope they'll issue yours soon too.

Edited by misshoelk

mine is CR1 my friend;)! long waits bcoz of foreign police clearances;) if i were you keep calling ur embassy !!! ask whats ur case status after ur interview,, i was interviewed early Dec 2014,,,hoping my visa will be issued soon since i complied with the docs embassy wanted me to redo lol;) keep me posted on the progress of ur case too;)! goodluck;)!

Timeline

"mine is CR1 my friend;)! long waits bcoz of foreign police clearances;) if i were you keep calling ur embassy !!! ask whats ur case status after ur interview,, i was interviewed early Dec 2014,,,hoping my visa will be issued soon since i complied with the docs embassy wanted me to redo lol;) keep me posted on the progress of ur case too;)! goodluck;)!"

Sure I will, mine is K1. I hope the AP status is just a standard procedure before they issue the visa. Good luck too and keep me posted. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:
The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa
The first READY is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance
The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork
The second READY is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Upon the second READY, it will be sent out within a few days.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Yes, normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so don’t run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:

The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

The first READY is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

The second READY is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Upon the second READY, it will be sent out within a few days.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Yes, normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so don’t run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

We never received two Ready and two AP, as you suggest. We went from Ready to AP to Issued. Or does the second AP and second Ready appear after Issued?

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Bjorn&lyne, on 23 Jan 2015 - 1:12 PM, said:Bjorn&lyne, on 23 Jan 2015 - 1:12 PM, said:

We never received two Ready and two AP, as you suggest. We went from Ready to AP to Issued.

Your mileage may vary.

The funny thing is you may have missed the other ready and AP unless you and your fiancé were trading off watching during the days of processing. You just may have missed them. The good thing here is yours was approved. Congratulations

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Your mileage may vary.

From what I learn, there does not seem to be a consistent process and timeline. Maybe I did miss them as you say. I just know the three different dates that appeared, BUT it might have changed once or twice the same date, which I have no way of knowing since I did not check every day.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.