dady12

i need help on 1184 and income requirement

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

my wife live in florida,we file on the jan 2015,i know the process is a long journey but j beleive mine will b a short journey,my wife is curently a student with only monthly SSI of 725 dollas and her school financial aid of 11000 dollas in a year,can her income enough to sponsor me?which of the affidavit of support can we sumit once i-130 is approve?she insist that 1184 is not the right support because i want us to combine income.please help me in order for us to prepare ahead of what is waiting for us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In a word: No! You will need a sponsor as, from what I can read from here:

1. She does not earn enough money to overcome the necessary threshold of income....I don't believe financial aid is counted as salar as this is earmarked for education

2. $725 a month is only $8700 a year which is well below the required minimum

3. You can't combine income...it has to be solely on what your fiance is making, or the sponsor that you have

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

FA is not income. SSI is disability income, that will never pass either. She is well below the proverty guideline. You guys will need a sponsor.. Good Luck on this journey!

thank you very much @brian,i so much appreciate but what if mi wife combine with here daughter who earn almost the same amount?how much do you think is the minimum amount to sponsor someone,but i have heard of a case of joint sponsor.can you help me with more explanation if you dont mind?thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I-864P can give you the current years guidelines. http://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf this is the PDF, you have to know how many are in the house hold that will go on the I-864. Also, from my understanding after 4/15/15 the guideline changes. You will need to add $400 to each income amount on the list. Hope this helps, someone else will be alone to give you more information.

In a word: No! You will need a sponsor as, from what I can read from here:

1. She does not earn enough money to overcome the necessary threshold of income....I don't believe financial aid is counted as salar as this is earmarked for education

2. $725 a month is only $8700 a year which is well below the required minimum

3. You can't combine income...it has to be solely on what your fiance is making, or the sponsor that you have

th

Good luck!

thank you very much for your reply,but i want to ask if my wife join income with her daughter that earn almost the same amount with her?i have heard of joint sponsor,can you throw more light on it?thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

dady12...you are missing the point. I know it is confusing.

1. you cannot combine your income to meet the requirement. Basically, your income does not count.

2. Your wife and daughter cannot combine their income.

3. A sponsor has to make the income separately from all other parties involved.

4. Her daughter cannot sponsor because she won't meet the guidelines, either.

You need a sponsor that surpasses the income requirements.

hope this helps.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i was am a 1,000 short each year ,, so i know i had to find a sponsor , which I thought would be no problem , but I found even my family they all freaked out , they dont want part of this immigration stuff ,,,,,,,,Im finding it hard to even have letters written to prove relationship .(not because we arent a real couple) (its cause people dont want to be part of the system) (and they have horrible fear ideas) .....I finally have a friend who will help .....it has taken me since Sept to get this figured out and it now is Jan the following year .........I have been hurting over this ......bad to ask people ,,,I have never needed to depend on another ....... to help me........ and its hard so.....work on it ............it most likely wont be an issue for you ....the paperwork says anyone family or friends or bosses ect can help with the as long as they have the right amout . I have even been studing .... what is allowed that will not make you a public charge and what i learned on here (from reading I though it was easy ) but when I tried to read about it I still dont understand it completely now cause it seems to conderdict itself for sure what it , is completely for sure...........I just know I wont do anything to have it hit the other person...

I-864P can give you the current years guidelines. http://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf this is the PDF, you have to know how many are in the house hold that will go on the I-864. Also, from my understanding after 4/15/15 the guideline changes. You will need to add $400 to each income amount on the list. Hope this helps, someone else will be alone to give you more information.

thank you very much for your time,i appreciate your contribution,but i want to ask if my wife can combine her income with her daughter,i mean my step daughter?

dady12...you are missing the point. I know it is confusing.

1. you cannot combine your income to meet the requirement. Basically, your income does not count.

2. Your wife and daughter cannot combine their income.

3. A sponsor has to make the income separately from all other parties involved.

4. Her daughter cannot sponsor because she won't meet the guidelines, either.

You need a sponsor that surpasses the income requirements.

hope this helps.

thank you so much for your time,words are not enough to say thank,i will discuss with my wife and let you friends know how i have gone.once again thanks

i was am a 1,000 short each year ,, so i know i had to find a sponsor , which I thought would be no problem , but I found even my family they all freaked out , they dont want part of this immigration stuff ,,,,,,,,Im finding it hard to even have letters written to prove relationship .(not because we arent a real couple) (its cause people dont want to be part of the system) (and they have horrible fear ideas) .....I finally have a friend who will help .....it has taken me since Sept to get this figured out and it now is Jan the following year .........I have been hurting over this ......bad to ask people ,,,I have never needed to depend on another ....... to help me........ and its hard so.....work on it ............it most likely wont be an issue for you ....the paperwork says anyone family or friends or bosses ect can help with the as long as they have the right amout . I have even been studing .... what is allowed that will not make you a public charge and what i learned on here (from reading I though it was easy ) but when I tried to read about it I still dont understand it completely now cause it seems to conderdict itself for sure what it , is completely for sure...........I just know I wont do anything to have it hit the other person...

thank you very much for the info,i have to be on my feet now searching for who can sponsor us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

thank you very much for you time,i really find this very useful.which form did u filled in finacial support?my wife income is low ,can income combination allow with her daughter?how much do you think is enough to sponsor me to tge state?thanks and hoping for your reply

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thank you very much for you time,i really find this very useful.which form did u filled in finacial support?my wife income is low ,can income combination allow with her daughter?how much do you think is enough to sponsor me to tge state?thanks and hoping for your reply

The Affidavit of Support form is the I-864 (there is no such form as 1184 or I-184). The I-864P determines the minimum amount required to sponsor, if that amount is not met or exceeded, then a joint sponsor will be necessary.

Your wife can only combine income with her daughter if they live in the same household.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.