Ms. Steele

Does the I-134 must be in original copy or a scanned copy will suffice?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It has been declared by the USCIS that it is a non enforceable document and not legally binding

But I would still take a copy to the interview until it is removed from the list.

The I-134 has always been a non-enforceable document and thus not legally binding... nothing new there. After all the K-1 visa is a NON-immigrant visa so there can't be any legally binding support document attached to it, just the same the embassy has the I-134 listed as a required document for the K-1 visa application.

k. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge
or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form
with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be
financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income
tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank
statements may be included to substantiate the I-134

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/29DEC2014/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2029%20DEC%202014_.pdf

Just a little odd that some are not requested to submit the I-134 during the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had 2 years signed 1040 ITR's, 2 years income tax transcripts, W-2's, 1099's and bank letter all ready to go and CO didn't ask for any of that.

I'm not suggesting anyone go to the USEM without those things ... Best to be prepared with all the items on the USEM list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.