We Keep Receipts

Girl, 5, dies after being thrown from bridge; father arrested

56 posts in this topic

The same can be said for a parent who beats a child to death and quotes religious text from the bible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/benjamin-edetanlen-sentence-bible_n_1961602.html

And yet, no one has asked why he wants to be represented by God? Not a simple, what's your faith or did God tell you to do this? No one is asking that question. Because it's irrelevant to the death of this child. But if he was a Muslim, even if it had nothing to do with her death, we'd know.

Marv, there is always going to be a percentage of opposing religions who dislike the other factions and want to paint them in a bad light. There are plenty of Muslims who view Christians in a negative light as well. I'm sure if we were to travel to a predominantly Muslim country we would find that the majority of hatred or dislike would be aimed at Christians or other opposing religions. It's almost like a sporting event where everyone has their favorite team and stand by them.

I'm just grateful I'm an athiest and don't have to deal with this stuff. My team plays tomorrow, go Pats!!

Do you really believe humans are the most advanced creatures in the universe?

I'm not sure anyone can speak of the universe, there is simply too much of it that we know nothing about, but in our world yes. Advanced creatures do not equate to a God. There could be other advanced civilizations out their somewhere that are more intelligent than humans.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The same can be said for a parent who beats a child to death and quotes religious text from the bible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/benjamin-edetanlen-sentence-bible_n_1961602.html

And yet, no one has asked why he wants to be represented by God? Not a simple, what's your faith or did God tell you to do this? No one is asking that question. Because it's irrelevant to the death of this child. But if he was a Muslim, even if it had nothing to do with her death, we'd know.

He's asking to be represented by God because he's scared or dumb or thinks it might help. Why did he kill the kid? Probably not because he believes it was his sacred duty to do so. Maybe though, I guess we'll see. The reason for the killing is what matters to me not his lame brain attempt at an excuse.

The bolded part is you deflecting again. I know. I realize this.

Marv, there is always going to be a percentage of opposing religions who dislike the other factions and want to paint them in a bad light. There are plenty of Muslims who view Christians in a negative light as well. I'm sure if we were to travel to a predominantly Muslim country we would find that the majority of hatred or dislike would be aimed at Christians or other opposing religions. It's almost like a sporting event where everyone has their favorite team and stand by them.

I'm just grateful I'm an athiest and don't have to deal with this stuff. My team plays tomorrow, go Pats!!

Oh I know. But I've been to a few Muslim majority countries and being a Christian, didn't have a single issue. Just depends on the place and the people.

Your team sucks. That's all I could think off on such short notice.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

He's asking to be represented by God because he's scared or dumb or thinks it might help. Why did he kill the kid? Probably not because he believes it was his sacred duty to do so. Maybe though, I guess we'll see. The reason for the killing is what matters to me not his lame brain attempt at an excuse.

The bolded part is you deflecting again. I know. I realize this.

Let me try this a different way. We don't know why he's asking. Why? Because we're not asking the question. When someone says Allah is great, the first thing that comes to mind is that Islam told this person to kill. No where in this conversation has someone asked him why he killed his kid. If he said Good Lord and then threw her off the bridge, do you think someone would blame the bible?

I'm not deflecting, just showing an example of how easy it is to interpret a message wrongly.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Let me try this a different way. We don't know why he's asking. Why? Because we're not asking the question. When someone says Allah is great, the first thing that comes to mind is that Islam told this person to kill. No where in this conversation has someone asked him why he killed his kid. If he said Good Lord and then threw her off the bridge, do you think someone would blame the bible?

I'm not deflecting, just showing an example of how easy it is to interpret a message wrongly.

I literally just asked why he killed the kid. Or do you mean in the story article?

Edited by GandD

Oh I know. But I've been to a few Muslim majority countries and being a Christian, didn't have a single issue. Just depends on the place and the people.

Your team sucks. That's all I could think off on such short notice.

Pats by 10 points over the Ravens tomorrow!

I literally just asked why he killed the kid. Or do you mean in the story article?

I meant the article. They're not giving a reason. But I'm not sure I want to know why someone thinks it's okay to throw your 5 year old daughter over a bridge.

Pats by 10 points over the Ravens tomorrow!

We shall see. Ravens are tough.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Advanced creatures do not equate to a God. There could be other advanced civilizations out their somewhere that are more intelligent than humans.

The Greek and Roman gods were not that much different than humans, having many of the same frailties and character flaws. They just lived longer and had certain strengths and abilities "mortals" lacked.

Filed: Timeline

I meant the article. They're not giving a reason. But I'm not sure I want to know why someone thinks it's okay to throw your 5 year old daughter over a bridge.

Come on, Marvin. Get with the program here. Dude's white and Christian so obviously he's mentally ill. The mental illness caused him to do this. Unlike the mentally ill black Muslim that was shot and killed in Columbus recently for acting crazy with the Columbus airport police. He did that because he was black and because he was a Muslim. The fact that he was mentally ill is not relevant in that context. Got it now?

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

Ok Marvin and Sue. We get it. You loathe Christians. Im not sure what this thread has to do with helping people get visas, but it seems typical of the hatred you two seem to enjoy spreading on this site.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
HolyFacepalm.jpg

Ok Marvin and Sue. We get it. You loathe Christians. Im not sure what this thread has to do with helping people get visas, but it seems typical of the hatred you two seem to enjoy spreading on this site.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Um, should I respond to this, or let it go?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg