We Keep Receipts

Girl, 5, dies after being thrown from bridge; father arrested

56 posts in this topic

Yeah I know about the Abraham story. I didn't/don't think it applies to this. Now these two:

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

These are good examples as they can directly apply to this story. We need to find out if the kid cursed at or struck the father. If so, he's covered.

why don't you think it applies? what if dude believes god told him to chuck is daughter over the bridge to test his faith?

the point is, we are not scared of christians or christianity because it is what we know. america is a christian nation, like it or not. it's normal and safe to us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it'd be a more cool place if the clan of Levi still had the ark of the covenant to protect.

Just saying...

Who knows? Maybe it's in some Muslim stronghold, never to be seen again.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

why don't you think it applies? what if dude believes god told him to chuck is daughter over the bridge to test his faith?

the point is, we are not scared of christians or christianity because it is what we know. america is a christian nation, like it or not. it's normal and safe to us.

Because he told him not to before he did it. That was the precedent. We're not scared of Christian's because they're not actively committing violence in the name of Christianity. Plus most people here are some level of Christian so it turns into an us/them thing. Its a human coping mechanism.

Filed: Timeline

They're already regrouping in the new Muslim thread. It's a shame that folks can only get outraged when the killer is a certain color or religion. A five year old girl was murdered and this thread probably won't make it to the second page because her killer isn't controversial enough.

Late term abortion - why are you against a father's right to choose?

Because he told him not to before he did it. That was the precedent. We're not scared of Christian's because they're not actively committing violence in the name of Christianity. Plus most people here are some level of Christian so it turns into an us/them thing. Its a human coping mechanism.

of course, that's why religion is WORTHLESS. my god is better than your god. dumb.

and if for whatever reason the tide turns and the majority of christians feel persecuted by another religion (i mean, they do cry about it all the time, but i've yet to see any evidence of widespread persecutuion) they will "fight back". the us/them will never go away only alternate sides. i'm sorry but i was raised being told that one day i would be called upon to fight for god, that the ultimate war was coming - i just don't buy that there is any damn difference between these two religions, except for their collective current day situations. christianity is top dawg right now.

Filed: Timeline

Here's why this guy is not a Christian Extremist. The teachings of the Christianity are very very clear that "thou shalt not kill" Its actually a direct bullet point. In fact there is no single point in the bible that stipulates Christ is cool with you killing your child. As a result, this guy strayed from the teachings of Christ when he committed murder. ok? Do we understand? Anyone can claim to be Christian but if they're not following the word, then they're only Christian in their mind.

Abraham and Isaac would have been relieved to know that - oh wait, that is before Moses and the Ten Commandments. God is so fickle at times.

Never your child so it doesn't apply here. If someone posts an article about a Christian man beating a disobedient slave to death, and then claiming religious protection, you'd be on to something.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Especially when my god and yours is one and the same...

of course, that's why religion is WORTHLESS. my god is better than your god. dumb.
and if for whatever reason the tide turns and the majority of christians feel persecuted by another religion (i mean, they do cry about it all the time, but i've yet to see any evidence of widespread persecutuion) they will "fight back". the us/them will never go away only alternate sides. i'm sorry but i was raised being told that one day i would be called upon to fight for god, that the ultimate war was coming - i just don't buy that there is any damn difference between these two religions, except for their collective current day situations. christianity is top dawg right now.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Here's why this guy is not a Christian Extremist. The teachings of the Christianity are very very clear that "thou shalt not kill" Its actually a direct bullet point. In fact there is no single point in the bible that stipulates Christ is cool with you killing your child. As a result, this guy strayed from the teachings of Christ when he committed murder. ok? Do we understand? Anyone can claim to be Christian but if they're not following the word, then they're only Christian in their mind.

I see Val beat me to it. That's what happens when I take lunch late....

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Just imagine what would happen if the US let the Old Testament be our guide. You'd get the same result.

Like I said before, two sides of the exact same coin. The only difference between Christians and Muslims is how they choose to carry their faith. Those countries that don't separate church and state have the same issues.

At the end of the day, we're more similar than different. But people won't see past their ignorance.

Edited by Marvin and Su

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I see Val beat me to it. That's what happens when I take lunch late....

Still though, that's the excuse, I don't see anything to suggest it was the motive.

Late term abortion - why are you against a father's right to choose?

Isn't it time to take a pill or something? :devil:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

They're already regrouping in the new Muslim thread. It's a shame that folks can only get outraged when the killer is a certain color or religion. A five year old girl was murdered and this thread probably won't make it to the second page because her killer isn't controversial enough.

And WHO usually makes a thread controversial?

Still though, that's the excuse, I don't see anything to suggest it was the motive.

That's the thing. This guy made various mentions to God, but there's nothing else. No questions about his faith, or even why he thinks God would help him. He's going to be written off as crazy. If he would have started spouting off bible verses, do you think the Pope would denounce his heinous act? Of course not. He's a nut job, plain and simple. There's no apology or anything because he's one person. This horrible act by 2 people is going to get Muslims profiled and maybe worse.

They won't dig because there's no reason to. Charlie Manson quoted bible verses as the reason for the race war. Many KKK members use the bible as a legitimate excuse to hate. But we don't question it. Because it's their fault if they interpret the good word wrong. But for some reason, Islam is making people commit these acts. And that's simply not the case.

And WHO usually makes a thread controversial?

The killer. Please try and keep up.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

That's the thing. This guy made various mentions to God, but there's nothing else. No questions about his faith, or even why he thinks God would help him. He's going to be written off as crazy. If he would have started spouting off bible verses, do you think the Pope would denounce his heinous act? Of course not. He's a nut job, plain and simple. There's no apology or anything because he's one person. This horrible act by 2 people is going to get Muslims profiled and maybe worse.

They won't dig because there's no reason to. Charlie Manson quoted bible verses as the reason for the race war. Many KKK members use the bible as a legitimate excuse to hate. But we don't question it. Because it's their fault if they interpret the good word wrong. But for some reason, Islam is making people commit these acts. And that's simply not the case.

The killer. Please try and keep up.

I'm just talking about this guy. He's saying he wants to be represented by god but I don't know that he's saying he killed the kid because of god. I he had yelled god is great before he threw the kid, maybe. This is the same to me as an American Muslim beating his wife to death and then retroactively trying to get out of the punishment by quoting religious texts. No, you killed your wife because of anger. Not doctrine.

I'm just talking about this guy. He's saying he wants to be represented by god but I don't know that he's saying he killed the kid because of god. I he had yelled god is great before he threw the kid, maybe. This is the same to me as an American Muslim beating his wife to death and then retroactively trying to get out of the punishment by quoting religious texts. No, you killed your wife because of anger. Not doctrine.

The same can be said for a parent who beats a child to death and quotes religious text from the bible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/benjamin-edetanlen-sentence-bible_n_1961602.html

And yet, no one has asked why he wants to be represented by God? Not a simple, what's your faith or did God tell you to do this? No one is asking that question. Because it's irrelevant to the death of this child. But if he was a Muslim, even if it had nothing to do with her death, we'd know.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg