dokucinic

Please help me and give some advices

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

My experience in the US embassy in Croatia. Apllied before 3 months, wanted to visit my boyfriend and spend holidays with him because all the time he is travelling to my country for me.

On my interview I had - proof that I am student ( I have to do my final work in couple of moths ), plane ticket, letter of affidavit ( but it says that he is my friend ). My passport is full of stamps because I travel a lot, officer asked me do I work - I said yes, because I work in a travel agency every year from march - november on my student contract and he aksed me does your dad knows that you are travelling to States, I said yes. Then officer told me that he cant give the visa.

I said to him , would it be good if my boss writes a letter that says that I work for him and I will work for him when I go back and apply again- he says - even if you come in weeks , I will tell you NO.

Somebody, pls give me an advice what do to. I just want a travel visa because still I dont want to get married and apply for K-1

Thank you

You probably aren't getting a B-2 anytime soon.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Timeline

Yea, he probably put a pause on you in computer to

make such statement...it could also be just baloney

you have a right to apply whenever you want, & they

got a right to refuse.

Tightened up you proofs, make sure you carry a job letter,

give it some time & re-apply...there is not appeal process

for tourist visas, also remember everything you told them at

this interview , its in their system

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can reapply as often as you like.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I found an internship programme ( J-1 visa ). So I am thinking to put together love and business. Hope that it will work out this time.

If they refuse me again, I will apply again for tourist visa and try till they dont give me one!

Thank you people :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Let us know how it goes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found an internship programme ( J-1 visa ). So I am thinking to put together love and business. Hope that it will work out this time.

If they refuse me again, I will apply again for tourist visa and try till they dont give me one!

Thank you people :)

OP,

IMO, in the future you may wish to reconsider purchasing a ticket prior to being approved or disapproved. It's like putting the cart before the horse. I've read threads on VJ that presenting a ticket at your interview is viewed as a negative. If it's a refundable or rebookable ticket then perhaps that won't be a problem for you.

Good luck on your second try...I hope you're successful!

And that's exactly what will happen - but your money and your right to keep applying.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

No need to keep trying, they're already not giving you one now.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

OP,

IMO, in the future you may wish to reconsider purchasing a ticket prior to being approved or disapproved. It's like putting the cart before the horse. I've read threads on VJ that presenting a ticket at your interview is viewed as a negative. If it's a refundable or rebookable ticket then perhaps that won't be a problem for you.

Good luck on your second try...I hope you're successful!

We had luck to change the ticket so we went in Mexico for holidays.

Thank you for wishing me luck.. I hope that it will be good this time because I m going through agency who does student internships ( J-1 ) and my situation will change ( I know that embassy says that the best is to apply again when your situation will change ).

I will try to be optimistic and hope that everything will be ok.

Programme demands that you have finished your college, that you have working experience, and also I will have a letter from my employer which says that when I come back I am becoming his employee.

I know that they will ask me questions about previous letter of affidavit, but its logic that I want to go to the town where I have people that I know then going somewhere where I dont know anybody.

But I see that lot of the people are pesimistic about my case.

Sounds like you are pretty desperate. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Of course I am. And frustrated, because I really dont mean to go to USA and stay or something like that. I just wanna go for a visit , come back home, and then one day when I m ready apply for K-1.

Then a J1 is certainly not the right visa for you...it is not for just going for a visit. Often, a visa officer can see when someone is trying to manipulate the visa system after they've been denied.

Timeline

But I m not trying to manipulate the visa system, just trying to put things together. This way I can do my internship + learn some things + be with my boyfriend. If they refuse me for J1, last option is K1 and we will do it.

Its just, we wanted to do other options, but if marriage is the only option for us to be together, we will do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.