Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Traveling to Japan with Green Card

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked a million times, but I wanted to ask again and make absolutely sure.

My wife came to California last year from Japan on a fiance visa, and she got her green card a few months ago. Her mother was recently admitted to the hospital in Japan because of her cancer and is not doing too well. My wife wants to travel back to Japan and stay for about a month or so to be with her mom and help with the family.

She has a Japanese passport (expiring in 2018) with her maiden (last)name on it, and her green card with her married (last)name. A friend told me that she needs a white passport to travel, and that there may be issues with her maiden (last)name on the passport and her married (last) name on the green card.

I have never heard of a white passport and i am thinking if she just takes the marriage certificate with her then there shouldn't be any problems with the name differences.

Please I would appreciate any helpful information on this matter. Thank you for much! :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

White passport is AP/re-entry permit. If she is going there for a month, there is absolutely no reason for her to get. She will be fine with her green card, taking marriage certificate would not hurt.

Thank you for clearing up, much appreciated :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.