fisnik

Does someone know why texas service center is being so slow

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

That's horrible, why they keep on assigning people to Texas then, we got our NOA1 in beginning of December, and we were really hoping to be in California, its really unfair what they are doing to people by randomly assigning cases. Some are getting answers in less than 2 weeks while others wait for months, we are not even able to make any wedding plans, buy plane tickets. Sometimes we regret not getting married on a tourist visa, I just miss my baby. I really feel for all of you here :-(

That's horrible, why they keep on assigning people to Texas then, we got our NOA1 in beginning of December, and we were really hoping to be in California, its really unfair what they are doing to people by randomly assigning cases. Some are getting answers in less than 2 weeks while others wait for months, we are not even able to make any wedding plans, buy plane tickets. Sometimes we regret not getting married on a tourist visa, I just miss my baby. I really feel for all of you here :-(

You are not randomly assigned. It's based upon your state of location. Keep in mind that the majority of states TSC handles are on the east coast. This means by population statistics alone they will always have the heavier brunt of case load. Unless expedited cases, all of us are relatively in the same boat when stuck at TSC.

My advice to those still wanting to wedding plan is, do the little things. If you aren't having a quick courthouse wedding and having something larger later -- then shop for your gown and accessories, look around for venues etc. Remember that once you have an interview date you can start reserving stuff, and even if you're iffy doing that your fiancé still has up til' six months to enter on their visa -- giving you ample enough time to reserve anything you want later on.

No it's not fair, it's depressing and horrible, but unfortunately there's not a ton we can do.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

On a silly note, maybe the TSC is staffed by less than minimum waged, undocumented residents with poor English comprehension skills.

Yes it is not fair and depressing. All I can say is stick it it out. All good things come to those who wait, as my mother used to say.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you are sure you are CSC, seems easy yo mix up, You should call the service center citing how long you waited compared to what you have seen and want to investigate if your case has been missed. Ask for Tier 2.

I am posititive, my case is WAC.......I call there and they tell me I am still within normal time, I tell them it has been passed 5 months, they tell me they are experiencing delays. I have now contacted my States Senator and she has put in a request on my behalf. So fingers are crossed.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are you certain? Does your case number start with WAC, I think that indicates it's a CSC case.

Yes I am certain, my case number begins WAC.....

I call there and tell them it is passed 5 months, the lady told me that does not mean it is passed normal processing time, that is just an estimated time. And now they are working on July 16 ....B.S, right!

But I have spoken with my States Senator and they have assigned a worker to look into it on my behalf.

Thanks.

mine took 11 months to be approved at the TSC. I am still angry about that... Just ridiculous

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My TSC I-130 petition from mid-June was complete on December 12. Three weeks prior I started working with my Congressman's office under the complaint that 5 months has come and gone and the USCIS is unable to give me a straight answer. I don't know that my request did or did not affect the outcome. I do know that I learned about the request being processed from my Representatives office before I received the email/text the next day.

I strongly encourage those who are past or approaching the 5 month mark to make noise with their Senator or Congressman's office via a Service request. It took less than an hour of my time to make the request and fax in my privacy waiver. After I did that I felt that I took back a small slice of power in the process. I also know that if the workload for service requests goes up, that pain will be seen more readily by their office and the ripple effect should be that the systems and processes that are broken will receive more attention from Congress.

And to those who say cases are not randomly assigned , I cannot figure out why about half the cases from Washington State go to the CSC and in my case to the TSC. It is probably not random, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes I am certain, my case number begins WAC.....

I call there and tell them it is passed 5 months, the lady told me that does not mean it is passed normal processing time, that is just an estimated time. And now they are working on July 16 ....B.S, right!

But I have spoken with my States Senator and they have assigned a worker to look into it on my behalf.

Thanks.

This is flat out wrong. You should call back and demand to speak to someone who will make an inquiry for you, because USCIS' published processing times say 5 months for CSC. That means they are not behind and most definitely not working on July 16th. See here:

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=8767|6740|51083

My TSC I-130 petition from mid-June was complete on December 12. Three weeks prior I started working with my Congressman's office under the complaint that 5 months has come and gone and the USCIS is unable to give me a straight answer. I don't know that my request did or did not affect the outcome. I do know that I learned about the request being processed from my Representatives office before I received the email/text the next day.

I strongly encourage those who are past or approaching the 5 month mark to make noise with their Senator or Congressman's office via a Service request. It took less than an hour of my time to make the request and fax in my privacy waiver. After I did that I felt that I took back a small slice of power in the process. I also know that if the workload for service requests goes up, that pain will be seen more readily by their office and the ripple effect should be that the systems and processes that are broken will receive more attention from Congress.

And to those who say cases are not randomly assigned , I cannot figure out why about half the cases from Washington State go to the CSC and in my case to the TSC. It is probably not random, it just doesn't make sense to me.

The way petitions are distributed among service centers is different for I-129Fs than for I-130s, so you can't really compare the two.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is flat out wrong. You should call back and demand to speak to someone who will make an inquiry for you, because USCIS' published processing times say 5 months for CSC. That means they are not behind and most definitely not working on July 16th. See here:

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=8767|6740|51083

The way petitions are distributed among service centers is different for I-129Fs than for I-130s, so you can't really compare the two.

I did not see that the original poster had a timeline or referred to K1

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I have personally called the USCIS in addition to sending email with the "processing out of time range" and got no answer.

We rec'd our first NOA on June 10th and haven't heard anything regarding our NOA letter 2.

I was under the impression the entire process would be finished in about 9 months.

We are entering month 8 and still have a long way to go.

Does anyone have any encouraging news ?

• 2 weeks later...

You are not randomly assigned. It's based upon your state of location. Keep in mind that the majority of states TSC handles are on the east coast. This means by population statistics alone they will always have the heavier brunt of case load. Unless expedited cases, all of us are relatively in the same boat when stuck at TSC.

My advice to those still wanting to wedding plan is, do the little things. If you aren't having a quick courthouse wedding and having something larger later -- then shop for your gown and accessories, look around for venues etc. Remember that once you have an interview date you can start reserving stuff, and even if you're iffy doing that your fiancé still has up til' six months to enter on their visa -- giving you ample enough time to reserve anything you want later on.

No it's not fair, it's depressing and horrible, but unfortunately there's not a ton we can do.

That really sucks, then. I filed in WA state, and ended up at TSC?? Nope, not fair, and horribly depressing. What a strain on the relationship. My husband can't even come here for a visit

USCIS

11/12/14 - I-130 Packet Sent! (Phoenix Lockbox)

11/14/14 - I-130 Delivered

11/18/14 - NOA1 (Sent to TSC)

3/2/15 - NOA2

3/10/15 - Sent to NVC

NVC

3/17/15 - Received by NVC

3/23/15 - Case number assigned

3/23/15 - DS 261 completed

3/24/15 - AOS Fee Invoiced

3/27/15 - AOS Fee Paid

4/28/15 - IV Fee Invoiced

4/29/15 - IV Fee Paid

5/3/15 - IV Application Complete

5/26/15 - AOS & IV Packet Sent

5/28/15 - AOS & IV Delivered

6/3/15 - Email received stating scan date of 5/28/15

6/23/15 - Case Complete

8/12/15 - Requested expedite at NVC

8/19/15 - Received email - Expedite Approved! (57 days after Case Complete)

8/21/15 - Case left NVC

Embassy

8/24/15 - Case Received

8/26/15 - Interview Scheduled

9/2/15 - Medical Exam

9/11/15 - Interview - Approved!!

9/15/15 - Visa Issued

9/21/15 - Visa In Hand

10/30/15 - POE!!

11/24/15 - Social Security Card received in the mail

Off topic, but glad to see another Washington resident that filed I-130, ended up at TSC. That's my situation, glad I'm not alone :/

USCIS

11/12/14 - I-130 Packet Sent! (Phoenix Lockbox)

11/14/14 - I-130 Delivered

11/18/14 - NOA1 (Sent to TSC)

3/2/15 - NOA2

3/10/15 - Sent to NVC

NVC

3/17/15 - Received by NVC

3/23/15 - Case number assigned

3/23/15 - DS 261 completed

3/24/15 - AOS Fee Invoiced

3/27/15 - AOS Fee Paid

4/28/15 - IV Fee Invoiced

4/29/15 - IV Fee Paid

5/3/15 - IV Application Complete

5/26/15 - AOS & IV Packet Sent

5/28/15 - AOS & IV Delivered

6/3/15 - Email received stating scan date of 5/28/15

6/23/15 - Case Complete

8/12/15 - Requested expedite at NVC

8/19/15 - Received email - Expedite Approved! (57 days after Case Complete)

8/21/15 - Case left NVC

Embassy

8/24/15 - Case Received

8/26/15 - Interview Scheduled

9/2/15 - Medical Exam

9/11/15 - Interview - Approved!!

9/15/15 - Visa Issued

9/21/15 - Visa In Hand

10/30/15 - POE!!

11/24/15 - Social Security Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

That really sucks, then. I filed in WA state, and ended up at TSC?? Nope, not fair, and horribly depressing. What a strain on the relationship. My husband can't even come here for a visit

Different petitions have different distributions. You're not K-1 applicant, so your case was not automatically sent to CSC.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

You are not a K1 filer. Different rules for different petitions.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.