hobaawhab

Had interview, Got 221g blue form

21 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just had my interview yesterday,

Everything was going very well till the consular asked me, how much savings do you have ?

I gave him my bank statement with an amount of about 12000 USD.

He said fine, you will need to find some one to make I134 (affidavit of support) for you. (Oh my God :cry:)

He handed the 221g form to me and informed to arrange the requested docs and go back to the embassy.

I am really feeling frustrated...

Can you guys help me out?

Is it possible that after I arrange this (I doubt that I can) to be rejected as well?

Edited by hobaawhab

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A form that requests additional documents to be submitted.

If you are unable to find a cosponsor, than you can be denied. Good luck, ask anyone will they be your cosponsor.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

Everything was going very well till the consular asked me, how much savings do you have ?

He said fine, you will need to find some one to make I134 (affidavit of support) for you. (Oh my God :cry:)

He handed the 221g form to me and informed to arrange the requested docs and go back to the embassy.

Is it possible that after I arrange this (I doubt that I can) to be rejected as well?

Hello hobaawhab,

Sorry to hear this. May I ask you in which embassy you had your interview?

Also, are you the only applicant or you also have derivatives?

Thanks,

Adalb

Edited by adalb

Did you interview in Abu Dhabi? They very often ask for affidavit of support. I am also interested in whether or not yiu have derivatives. $12k is usually enough for a single adult to get a visa, but they do seem to be a strict embassy.

If your 221g says you need an I134 to proceed, then (1) if you produce an acceptable I134 you will get your visa (2) if you cannot produce one you will be denied.

Did they give you a time frame by which to submit?

what is 221g?

what is 221g?

It means he is on AP until he can produce what they need to issue him a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Please create a timeline and maybe we can help you better.

Thanks

Please create a timeline and maybe we can help you better.

Thanks

OP is posting in DV forum, I don't think a timeline will add anything to illuminate? Either one meets the criteria for visa issuance, or not. In this case OP has not satisfied the CO that he won't be a public charge and thus has been asked to get a I134, which is the affidavit of support applicable to DV cases.

Did you interview in Abu Dhabi? They very often ask for affidavit of support. I am also interestedarrow-10x10.png in whether or not yiu have derivatives. $12k is usually enough for a single adult to get a visa, but they do seem to be a strict embassy.

If your 221g says you need an I134 to proceed, then (1) if you produce an acceptable I134 you will get your visa (2) if you cannot produce one you will be denied.

Did they give you a time frame by which to submit?

It means he is on AP until he can produce what they need to issue him a visa.

yes, you are right, it was in Abu Dhabi

No, Susie..I do not have derivatives ..only me.

they did not give me any time limit,,

but what do you mean by acceptable I134?

I do not know how to proceed actually :(

yes, you are right, it was in Abu Dhabi

No, Susie..I do not have derivatives ..only me.

they did not give me any time limit,,

but what do you mean by acceptable I134?

I do not know how to proceed actually :(

By acceptable I mean filled out correctly with the right supporting documentation, and not saying that the support will be limited to a certain time period (that has led to DV refusals from the past and if I recall correctly the case I am thinking about on that was also Abu Dhabi). Do you not know anyone, preferably a family member, in the US who can fill one in for you?

By acceptable I mean filled out correctly with the right supporting documentation, and not saying that the support will be limited to a certain time period (that has led to DV refusals from the past and if I recall correctly the case I am thinking about on that was also Abu Dhabi). Do you not know anyone, preferably a family member, in the US who can fill one in for you?

OMG :(

No, I do not have any family member there.

The one I mentioned his details while I was filling DS form is a friend.

OMG :(

No, I do not have any family member there.

The one I mentioned his details while I was filling DS form is a friend.

Would he be willing to file an I134 for you?

I'm afraid that there is no other way around this. If this is what they want, they won't issue you a visa without it :(

Would he be willing to file an I134 for you?

I'm afraid that there is no other way around this. If this is what they want, they won't issue you a visa without it :(

I do not think so

anyway, thanks a lot for your replies.

Edited by hobaawhab

I thought it didn't matter what the beneficiary has in savings/no savings since it cannot be used or combined for the poverty guidelines. My fiancees interview is in a few weeks and she doesn't have savings, neither do I but I have a well qualified co-sponsor, that being my dad in the same household.

I thought it didn't matter what the beneficiary has in savings/no savings since it cannot be used or combined for the poverty guidelines. My fiancees interview is in a few weeks and she doesn't have savings, neither do I but I have a well qualified co-sponsor, that being my dad in the same household.

But your fiancée is not going in on a DV. DV winners are not beneficiaries but petitioners - they self-petition - so they use own savings etc to overcome the public charge requirement. It is only in cases when they do not have sufficient proof of their own savings or ability to earn income that they are asked to provide an I134. Abu Dhabi however seems to ask for these much more often than anywhere else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.