sidccc

k1 approval and break up

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry this has happen to you ..

One thing i can tell you is to try stop texting her for a week,ignore her and then you'll see if she really doesn't text or even call you that means she found someone new or made up her mine that living in the united states isn't really for her ..

=Being a woman .. if she really loves you she'll start worrying in a week and if she will never get a text from you .. Just saying..

We all know this is hard for you ..

sorry .

K1 FIANCEE VISA

06-28-2014 sent 129f

07-03-2014 NOA1 LETTER

08-06-2014 text message RFE

08-11-2014 RFE LETTER(letter of intent to marry)

08-21-2014 TSC received RFE response (changed status to rfe response review)

09-05-2014 NOA2 ..

09-11-2014 NOA2 LETTER ( approval)

09-12-2014 USCIS updated they shipped our 129f to NVC,

09-22-2014 MNL## from NVC thru phone

09-25-2014 129F ( IN TRANSIT )

09-28-2014 NVC LETTER

09-29-2014 CEAC status to "READY"

10-17-2014 MEDDICAL

11-04-2014 INTERVIEW (approved)

11-14-2014 VISA

12-06-1024 POE JFK

AOS,EAD,AP

-02/28/2015 sent AOS,EAD,AP via USPS

-02/02/2015 Chicago,IL (delivered)

-03/10/2015 Receive text messages for receipt. (aos,ead,ap)

-03/16/2015 Receipt letter received from the mail. notice date was 03/10

-03/25/2015 rfe text

-03/20/2015 Received biometric letter from the mail

-04/02/2015 Biometric

-04/03/2015 rfe received from the mail

-04/10/2015 rfe mailed

-04/13/2015 rfe delivered

-04/05/2015 Rfe response review update on USCIS website said I will receive decision till June 14,2015

-05/19/2015 EAD "card was ordered to produce"

-05/19/2015 AP "case was approved"

-05/26/2015 "approval letter for AP and EAD received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

av8or1 speaks much truth. Cut your losses and move on. And next time don't throw around so much money, no self respecting person is going to accept it (even if you've got Bill Gates bank account).

I agree with the above. Other than the necessary travel expenses, I don't think I spent more than $1000 on my now wife over several years of courtship. There was no need for trips, vacations, pay for this or that. Just building a strong foundation for a great relationship. Married 5 years and counting.

Timeline

I have read numerous stories about Russian women causing visa issues. While I am not saying Russian women in general cause visa problems, it appears that Russians are overrepresented in this based on what I have read and heard. I also have a couple of Western friends living in Russia telling me flat out for Western men to stay away from Russian women cause the issues it causes with visas such as this but also such as visa scams. My friends in Russia tell me many Russian women are international gold diggers, something you also read about online again and again. You may very well have encountered a gold digger who enjoyed life in the "fast lane" with you but now moved on to the next one. A woman who all of a sudden chooses work over the relationship having the K1 process almost completed tells me there is something fundamentally wrong with this picture. I would recommend you formally contacting the embassy to cancel this so it does not haunt you later if you choose to apply again.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

Hi Marina. I don't think anyone said "Russians are bad" as a generalization. From what is floating around on the internet, it appears some countries have a higher proportion of women being scammers or causing problems. Russia keeps coming up as a red flag. Thailand too. But again, of course not all are bad, but with come countries there seems to be a greater chance to run into problems like this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

With whom I'm speaking: Bjorn or Regina?

Hello :)

Anyway, russian women can love more unselfishly than american women. I don't say about scammers - they don't have a real relations. They ask to send money, to pay for something. But they will not meet with you 5 times for 1.5 years as our girl.

The fake relations (called scamm) is not to meet each other in real life.

All contries have bad and good persons. :star:

I want to think about her more better than all in this topic. I believe in people. :)

Spoiler

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Warsaw, Poland
I-129F Sent : 09/12/2014
I-129F NOA1 : 09/18/2014
I-129F RFE : 11/19/2014
RFE Replay : 11/25/2014
I-129F NOA2 : 12/08/2014 (81 days from NOA1)
NVC Received : 12/16/2014
NVC Case Number: 12/17/2014
NVC Left :12/19/2014 (4 days in NVC)

Medical : 01/19/2015
Consulate Received : 12/24/2014 (5 days in transit to Consulate)
Interview Date : 01/27/2015
Interview Result : Approved
Visa on hands: 01/28/2015

USA Entry 02/07/2015

Marriage 03/20/2015

Removal of Conditions

09/12/17: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

09/27/17: NOA1

12/26/18: RFE

Naturalization

02/23/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/23/19: NOA1

event.png

Timeline

Different countries definitely have different issues it seems like, even the Philippines of course. From what I read online and heard from my couple of friends, there are definitely warnings flags about Russian gold diggers, not all of course, but enough to scare me off, especially since my friends specifically told me to stay away from Russians as the chance is fairly great to run into a gold digger, from what they told me numerous times. As far as Filippinas, chances to meet a gold digger province Filippina is less than with Manila Filippinas. I have dozens of Philippine friends, both Americans, Europeans and Filppino friends who tell me the very same. From what I read, Americans married to Filippinas have the lowest divorce rate among all groups, so meeting a province Filippina decreases the likelihood of scammer and increases the likelihood of a lifelong marriage, especially since the Philippines does not really have divorce, nor do province Filippinas believe in divorce based on culture and how they are raised. What I am suggesting is that what you state about Filippinas is more likely with Manila pinays regarding in it for green card than province pinays, just as financial gold diggers are more likely to encounter with Russians than with Filippinas. That does not mean all individuals fall into that of course.

Timeline

You are speaking with Bjorn, and I agree, women from many other nationalities "can love more unselfishly than american women", and more than Western women i general. That is a reason many Western men seek relationships with non-Western women, especially divorced men who have experience the lack of true, unselfish love from Western women.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello Bjorn :)

Yes, I agree with you.

Everyone wants to be loved not for money, but for personality.

Marina

Edited by sevendelta

Spoiler

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Warsaw, Poland
I-129F Sent : 09/12/2014
I-129F NOA1 : 09/18/2014
I-129F RFE : 11/19/2014
RFE Replay : 11/25/2014
I-129F NOA2 : 12/08/2014 (81 days from NOA1)
NVC Received : 12/16/2014
NVC Case Number: 12/17/2014
NVC Left :12/19/2014 (4 days in NVC)

Medical : 01/19/2015
Consulate Received : 12/24/2014 (5 days in transit to Consulate)
Interview Date : 01/27/2015
Interview Result : Approved
Visa on hands: 01/28/2015

USA Entry 02/07/2015

Marriage 03/20/2015

Removal of Conditions

09/12/17: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

09/27/17: NOA1

12/26/18: RFE

Naturalization

02/23/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/23/19: NOA1

event.png

I find it strange how after all these responses the OP has yet to chime in once! <_<-_-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

sidccc,

Whoa... I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

Many people that go through the K1 visa process are DYING to be with our loved one. It's a grueling process. You were able to see each other several times in the past year+ and still BOTH of you were having issues with the distance. MANY couples only get to see their loved one ONCE during their K1 process.

Another thing, and I don't want to necessarily speak for all foreign fiance(e)'s, but I would bet that the MAJORITY of them feel serious apprehension and fear about leaving their home country, moving here, and starting a new life in a place that isn't familiar to them. Heck...how many Americans have just moved to another place in their own CITY and have to "readjust" to everything? Imagine moving to an entirely different country and you don't know the language nor culture!! It would be pretty frightening for anyone.

With that being said, when you love each other and are going through this terribly grueling process, we ALL KNOW (especially if you get obsessive with reading stories on VJ) that it's a part of the "deal". I'm on a thread with my same month filers and we vent a LOT about being away from our fiance(e) and how it's sooooooo difficult. It's torture in many cases to not be able to be with the person you love.

I'm not sure how she feels, but I think you KNOW what you have to do from what you've already written. Your GUT won't steer you wrong. This is what made you write your story and ask your question. It's (your gut) letting you know something is NOT on the "up & up".

I really hope you find the insight you need and are able to make the right and best decision for you.

If you need time, a good idea someone suggestion is to speak to her about going to Russia and try to build the relationship further. That's not a bad idea IF you have the means to take some time off and visit for a while. If she rejects that idea... As a gentlemen pointed out... she's "letting you down easy" and you should adhere to her in that regard.

Life is SHORT. Listen to your gut.

Good luck and sending good vibes (I know you're hurting now).

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Some of you really don't think about what you're saying, do you?

Russian women are this.

American women are that.

Filipina women are this.

Stereotyping of any nationality is wrong and unproductive. Bad people - women and men - are everywhere. Even in Canada.

That also means good people are everywhere - women and men.

It's useful to remember we're individuals with our own quirks, not breeds of dog. As you say, there are good and bad people everywhere, and to be blind to this is to be bigoted.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.