kinkyara

CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT HOLDER - TRAVEL TO PHILIPPINES

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a CPR Holder and my GC will expire on March 27, 2015. We are going to the Philippines next week and be back here in the US 3 weeks before my GC expires so I decided to just file the I-751 when we return. Can anyone please share what to expect on the Airport and Immigration when we leave and going back here, and what documents would I need to bring? Thank you so much and happy new year to you guys!!

(I am not sure if I am in the correct forum so please just move this topic to where it should belong. Thank you!)

Feb 13, 2012 - I-129F Sent
Feb 16, 2012 - NVC Received
Feb 20, 2012 - NOA1 Hardcopy (With beneficiary's misspelled name)

Mar 14, 2012 - NOA1 Hardcopy (Corrected)
Jul 12, 2012 - NOA2 Approved (e-mail)
Jul 16, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy
Jul 23, 2012 - NVC Received
Aug 28, 2012 - USEM Interview (Approved)
Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Received
Sep 23, 2012 - POE SFO
Nov 24, 2012 - TIED THE KNOT!!!

March 27, 2013 - AOS Approved!

July 15, 2015 - 10-year GC Approved!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All you need is your VALID passport and Green card, as long as both are valid, you won't have any problems at all. Upon your return Immigration might ask you a few questions about your trip like how long was you there and what you are bringing back and maybe remind you that your green card is about to expire but that's about it!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a CPR Holder and my GC will expire on March 27, 2015. We are going to the Philippines next week and be back here in the US 3 weeks before my GC expires so I decided to just file the I-751 when we return. Can anyone please share what to expect on the Airport and Immigration when we leave and going back here, and what documents would I need to bring? Thank you so much and happy new year to you guys!!

(I am not sure if I am in the correct forum so please just move this topic to where it should belong. Thank you!)

Name on the green card and the passport the same? If the names don't match bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

All you need is your VALID passport and Green card, as long as both are valid, you won't have any problems at all. Upon your return Immigration might ask you a few questions about your trip like how long was you there and what you are bringing back and maybe remind you that your green card is about to expire but that's about it!

Thanks for the reply blest.but.strest!

Name on the green card and the passport the same? If the names don't match bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Thank you for the reminder, Hank! Yes, my passport is still on my maiden name so I'll make sure our MC is with me =]

Sep 23, 2012 - POE SFO

Timeline

Ticket name needs to match the passport BTW

Thank you so much, Hank! I was just reading about that here on VJ last week. Good thing I was able to do my research because we bought the ticket on my married name months ago, so we called the airline last week and had my name changed on the ticket to match my maiden name on my passport! I had no idea! Thanks to VJ for very reliable information and to all of you guys who are always there to answer questions!

Sep 23, 2012 - POE SFO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.