jostjost16

lost or missing major docs from nvc to embassy;(

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't but what happened to your interview? Did they give you a 221g for additional documents?

on the pre interviewed bu this filipina staff;; ( she told me some docs not in the packet like one is a major doc from the petitoner and the sad thing here my abroad police clearance wasnt there too huhuhuhu.Husband called nvc n confirmed him all my docs forwarded to embassy here.... embassy n nvc has different version of those docs lost/missing whereabout we did try to locate fr nvc but still said forwarded ALL,, so where are they now;;?? And i dont think embassy can call them as additional docs bcoz nvc stressed to us that NVC has forwaded ALL to embassy;( who is responsible of those lol;( My case is on expedited request for health reason, we were hoping embassy here much concern is the reason why case been expedited hello;(! NVC our request granted November 2014,, and its one month over since my medical and interview;)( Where is the word EXPEDITED applies here now? My poor husband waiting for me he doesnt like to go on surgery unless i reach there and be with him on his surgery day to his full recovery;(( For me i should not be asked again by embassy of those docs bcoz when we applied to USCIS, to NVC we completed all the requirements and now when my case turned for review in the embassy shocking to find out those docs werent there in the packet hahahhahaha accordingto that lady,, but im still positive coz the Consul said submit these docs and i will approve ur VISA but huhuhuhu did they read the doctors letter why my case has been expedited;(? my husband is ill lol;(! Any kind heart from Embassy my husband needs me As URGENT;(!This is an EMERGENCY;( huhuhuhu

Timeline

According to your story, the consul said you should submit the missing documents. Did you?

do we have a choice;;???? time is precious!!! my case wont reach embassy if i didnt complete uscis, nvc requirement,, what made us, nvc said different from what embassy told us;(! they dont have an idea how hard redoing docs and it turned out my docs lost by who;? this is my question!

Timeline

I don't think you'll ever know who actually lost the document. It will be a case of pointing fingers.

Anyhow, if you resubmitted the missing doc to USEM then you'll get an approval soon. What does your CEAC status say? Keep track of the CEAC date coz if it changes it means that someone touched your file.

Good luck!

thanks,, still waiting :( and of course hoping too;) maybe a week from now, 2GO is knocking in my door, or sends me sms fo delivery;)! good luck too! yes i do keep looking on ceac for update;) good day my friend, another moral support from you;)!

Timeline

There you go.

Maybe you can start packing your stuff now so when the visa arrives you're done already. That's what I did! ?

hahahhaha;)! 2 big luggages been ready and packed but once in awhile still put in and out ;))! anytime u r right visa arrives, expecting lol!;) cant really feel excited coz docs still giving me stress;) so whats the no. in last part of ur post? i dont understand,;) what is it;)?

Timeline

Oh sorry. That's supposed to be a smiley. I guess it didn't show properly. I'm using my iPhone right now.

I understand your excitement. This journey is really stressful but worth it in the end.

ah,, okay i think its a smiley it should in the post but no.in my inbox:) i just miss my husband and he needs me badly as i do too, just worried of how he has been since still waiting for me so he could do his surgery too;(( God helps;) keep posted apple21!

I sent IV Packet (Original Documents) to NVC

& NVC sent my AOS & IV Packet to the Embassy.

But on the interview letter embassy asked for IV packet. (Original)

Instantly I contact with embassy, after many emails they just reply me as following:

"Whatever was provided to the NVC should be in the file. the packet serves as a reminder if you missed any."

How stupid. :ranting:

After that i contact with some other member who have done their interview from the same embassy,

they ensure me its just a ordinary email. Embassy people just copy and paste to everyone. I don't have to worry about it.

Just take a copy of them whatever you submit before.

USCIS

10/05/2013 - Filed I-130 through USPS

10/07/2013 - Delivered

10/10/2013 - USCIS Acceptance E-mail Notification.
10/13/2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received.

03/11/2014 - Case has been Transferred. (Email Notification)

03/12/2014 - I-1797 Notice of Action (Hard Copy)

03/17/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed.

04/07/2014 - Case APPROVED NOA2 (176 Days)

04/11/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received.

NVC

04/28/2014 - NVC Received Case.

05/29/2014 - Case # & #IIN Assigned.

05/31/2014 - Complete DS-261 Online.

06/03/2014 - Paid AOS fee $88
08/07/2014 - Paid IV fee $230
08/11/2014 - IV Invoiced
08/12/2014 - DS-260 Available.
08/29/2014 - Signed & Submitted DS-260 Online.
09/22/2014 - Checklist for IV & AOS package.
10/02/2014 - IV Package Sent.
10/03/2014 - IV Scan Completed (1st Scan)
10/08/2014 - Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review IV docs.
10/18/2014 - AOS Package Sent.
10/21/2014 - AOS Scan Complete (Last Scan)
10/23/2014 -
Notification Mail for 60 days to wait review AOS docs.
12/03/2014 - Request for Expedite.
12/15/2014 - Expedite Approved.

12/16/2014 - Case Transferred to Riyadh Embassy by (DHL)
Embassy
12/21/2014 - Embassy Received Case.
12/31/2014 - Interview Date Scheduled by Riyadh Embassy.

01/07/2015 - Medical. (Report in Hand January 11, 2015)

01/22/2015 - Interview. (Approved)

01/26/2015 - VISA Issued.

01/28/2015 - VISA in Hand (End of the Journey) :dancing:
USA

xx/xx/2015 - Received SSN Card

xx/xx/2015 - Received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.