gyanghlubmaivyai

I'm confuse about k1 visa process

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

So do I just send in the i129 withe the g325a and some support that we met. Cause others are telling me to send in w2,pay roll,tax other asset income with it for laos embassy all at once or when do I know when to send all the income support.

Timeline

I read it and understand it, but some people I know that have done this is telling me to fill the i134 or the i864 with income support to go with it. I was wondering if I need to sent them with the i129 or they don't need it yet

The affidavit of support (i-134) is taken to the interview, along with supporting evidence. It is not needed for the original submission. Some people include it anyway, this is pointless.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

That clears it up then. I more question thought about other stuff cause everything happened so fast.

We are here to help! :)

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Will it cause any denied if it was love at first sight. Long story short, my ex and I divorced in Oct 2014. I was upset and sad, didn't care what happened to me, and took a trip to laos in Nov 2014 not knowing no one. Met my fiancee when I went to the store on my first day out. I got to know her for 3 day, and surprise her with a engaged ceremony cause of the way she took care of me and loved me. Spent 8 days with her while I was there, took few pictures, etc. She cry everyday when I Skype her. Would it matter to the embassy. And I plan on being there with her to on her interview if everything's goes well.

The requirements that you have met (in person) in the previous two years, so no.

However I would plan on additional trips in the meantime to show proof of ongoing relationship for the interview later down the road.

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is your job to convince USCIS and the US embassy/consulate in Laos that you have a bona fide relationship with your fiancée. This ranges from very easy to very difficult depending on the country and its track record of immigration fraud. I'm not sure how tough Laos in particular is.

Also keep in mind that you need to be free to marry at the time of filing the I-129F petition. That means that your divorce must be finalized, and any state-mandated "waiting period" before getting married again (if that exists in your state) must have passed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The first part of the process, petitioning for a K-1 visa for your fiancee, probably will not be too

much of a problem, as long as you can prove that:

- you are free to marry (you are divorced now, so you have to provide the divorce decree from the court)

- you have met your fiancee in person within the last 2 years (you did; include tickets, boarding passes,

pictures of you there, with her, with her family etc etc!)

- you make enough money to be able to support her (125% of the federal poverty guidelines)

You can read up on all this in the VJ Guide for K-1 visas.

Now.. once that is done, things will be moved to the U.S. Embassy in Laos, and your fiancee will receive

an invitation for an in-person interview. During that interview, the interviewing officer will try to determine

if this is 'for real', or just a scam in order to let her leave the country and move to the U.S.

These interviewers are pretty tough... they have heard and seen it all. They also are, believe it or not,

real people, and they DO know that meeting someone over the Internet, or in a store, can be just as

"*BOOM!*" as any other relationship can be.

So, during that interview, your fiancee of course has to submit a number of documents (including that

financial stuff mentioned above), but most of the interview will be just questions-and-answers on the

relationship. How you met, what have you done since, what are your plans for the future, and, usually,

some questions about things from your past... new couples usually talk about their lives "so far", and

these officers are known to ask some questions about that, just to see if you guys actually talked about

things, like (other) couples do.

So... if you feel all this sounds fine... go ahead and file your paperwork! It will take (quite) a while for

it to get through, so use that time to talk, get to know eachother (even better), talk about the future

you both see ahead of you, and then, when the invitation for the interview comes, she will be well-

prepared for it, and it should be just fine!

Congrats, and good luck on your journey!!!

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Will it cause any denied if it was love at first sight. Long story short, my ex and I divorced in Oct 2014. I was upset and sad, didn't care what happened to me, and took a trip to laos in Nov 2014 not knowing no one. Met my fiancee when I went to the store on my first day out. I got to know her for 3 day, and surprise her with a engaged ceremony cause of the way she took care of me and loved me. Spent 8 days with her while I was there, took few pictures, etc. She cry everyday when I Skype her. Would it matter to the embassy. And I plan on being there with her to on her interview if everything's goes well.

I was in a ressort in a excurtion by 3 days, when i arrived there my fiance had 5 days, he was in a trip alone.

We talked during 3 days, only talked,

He didnt say nothing about love to me, we talk just to be friend,

Aftervthat he went back to usa, one month later on skype he asked me if i would like be his fiance, i said yes.

He sent the petition without even gave me a kiss, on june 6, 2013 he sent the petition.

we met on april 28 , 2013 abd onky talked 28,29,30

He sent the petition june 6 , 2013 and came back to visit me on september 26 until otober 8 , 2013.

Our petition was approved on october 23, 2013.

I had my interview on march 2014., i was approved,

I am no at usa because i am in administrative processing , because the consulate has a name confusion with me.

They are depuring my name.

But the short relationship wasnt a problem.

Timeline

So I make 40k a year, and have 11k in the saving and a paid off trailer home worth 21k. The question is I have 3 kids that don't live with me. I paid child support monthly. My this year tax I can not claim them no more, and I live alone now. So on the household income do I put 2 as me and my fiancee or do I still have to put 3 kids plus me and fiancee. A bit confuse there. I live in ak so 125% is at 44k for 5,and 23k for 2, I need to know if I need a second job because it might not be enough or am I good where I am at. Also, will the embassy let me know when to send out the income support or I have to figure that out myself.

Timeline

I am guessing I don't make enough then. Even though I am only 4k short. So how i much do we really need to make cause I have seen people with more kids then me get lucky.

I ask a lawyer and he told me they my kids will not count cause they don't live with me. Anone in the same shoe I am.

I ask a lawyer and he told me they my kids will not count cause they don't live with me. Anone in the same shoe I am.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.