Rendi

Single status

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi every one! Have a quick question hope some one can help me with this.

My question is if I never been married before do i need to have proof of my being single status? For fiancé petition. Thank u in advance

I never submitted any evidence that I have never been married and was approved without issue. Unsure as to how one would even go about proving that :P Good luck with your petition! :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know some embassies are different, not sure about Cambodia's. I would think it's hard to prove being single unless something makes them think you were married prior.. To be honest, I would not worry about that unless by some odd turn of events the question comes up and you need proof. Though again, not sure what sort of proof you could use in that instance.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Timeline

Thank u guys, hope some one from cambodia can help me out with this.

I do have 2 daughters with my ex girlfriend but never been married. I do appreciate ur help thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Depends on the embassy, for the Bolivian embassy he had to get a certificate that declared he was single and not registered as married within the country. It is an official government certificate. Each embassy is different, so they will let you know if you need one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For the I-129F petition, no. For your K-1 visa interview, you would need to check the instructions for your consulate.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the Philippines the government has something that is called "CENOMAR" Certificate of no Marriage and of course it is produced off of their govn't database of registered marriages.

If they are single it will say.

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank u guys, hope some one from cambodia can help me out with this.

I do have 2 daughters with my ex girlfriend but never been married. I do appreciate ur help thanks

You will check No on being Married but, you must list the Dependents (children) on the 129-F and later on the I-134 and later on the I-864 Affidavit of Support. I strongly believe you must later show enough Income that your Gross Income will have to support 4 members even though the children are not residing with you.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

For our K1 fiancee visa in May 2014, the US Embassy in Phnom Penh required the Cambodian Citizen to have a "certificate of no marriage" from the local village chief.

Not sure if this has changed since then..

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/cambodia/231771/PDFs/k1_visa_instruction_english--01--Dec-2014.pdf

Timeline

We filed in November. We are part way through the process (waiting on the NVC currently), so we can't definitively state what works for the whole process, but here is what we did and it has worked so far (no RFEs):

My Cambodian fiancee has a child from a previous Khmer relationship. She went to her village of birth and obtained the following documents:

1. Marital Status (Certificate of Celibacy, Widowerhood/Divorce, Widowhood/Divorce)

2. Birth Certificate for her (Certification of Birth)

3. Birth Certificate for her child

Make sure the Marital Status paperwork shows the correct status. She initially received paperwork stating that she was married and divorced (presumably because she had a child), but she knew that wasn't correct, so she went back, argued her case and got them to redo the paperwork. Of course, she had to pay again, even though it was their mistake.

She also went to Phnom Penh and got a Police Report (Criminal Record Report) even though it is not needed until the interview. We decided to submit it with the initial K1 paperwork because we thought it might help with the DHS check. The report took about 3 weeks to be processed. (She might have started the process at her village ??, but she picked up the completed report in Phnom Penh).

She then brought all the above and her family book and got them translated at Pyramid in Phnom Penh. I had tried to contact them via email (2 addresses) and the web page to see if they could translate emailed documents, but they never responded. So she had to make yet another trip to Phnom Penh to get this done. The actual process was quick and the results certainly looked professional.

I was divorced a long time ago, so I had court paperwork showing my marital status. However, you need to be careful and check the rules in your state. In Colorado, if you file a joint tax return, open a joint bank account, or simply present yourselves as married , the state can make a determination that you are married, even without any paperwork or ceremony.

The other portion of the initial paperwork that gave us problems was the 325A. She didn't have any address information for any of her previous residences (as none of the locations she lived had addresses or even street names), so we just put down what we could figure out - Providence, Village, and Commune names. This seems to have passed the DHS check OK.

She shipped all the translated papers and a few passport type pictures using DHL in Siem Reap to me for $68. Took 5 days to get here. Also included in the shipment to was her "original signature" Intent to Marry and G325A paperwork.

One other note - the paper size is slightly longer over there, so when you make copies of the paperwork (e.g. the translated documents) here in the states, you'll need to make sure none of the data is cut off. It might be easier to get it copied onto 11x14 pages if you aren't doing it yourself. We submitted about 60 pages to the lockbox.

Good luck with the process. Recommend the petitioner attend the embassy interview if possible...

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.