MustafaG

Any Chance?

20 posts in this topic

And I don't know why you feel you have to say something, when you don't have anything helpful to say!. I'm not dismissing all those I don't like, just yours.

I'm sorry you don't think an honest opinion is "helpful". I guess some people prefer to hear nice things than truthful things. Best of luck with your interview, should you get one.

Edited by SusieQQQ

And I don't know why you feel you have to say something, when you don't have anything helpful to say!. I'm not dismissing all those I don't like, just yours.

You probably won't like this either, but I think you should know the full picture. I'm not sure why you thought the 7% limit being reached is normal - it actually only happened one time ever - 2013.

Last year all the Iranian cases became current. 6000 of them. Out of that only 2386 visas were issued to Iranians - so only 40% got through. There were massive numbers of AP cases left at the end of the year - around 1500+.

Just so you know...

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Timeline

Simon,

I didn't mind what you or Hank said. You made a perfectly legitimate point, and doing so again. You are quite right in pointing out factual stats as they apply to Iran cases. It is not helpful however to talk about Muslim terrorism and the fears of US against all Iranians when that is not the point. From my trolling of other Forums, I have found that the usual case for putting Iranians on AP stems from two main sources. the main one being if the applicants were employed by the Iranian Government at any point particularly if they served in the armed forces, which given the fact that all men are forced to do National Service and the Government being the largest employer in the country, usually translates to a high percentage of AP cases and also the police certificates are not available from Iran. The second main cause of AP is the lack of funds. A lot of Iranians put cash in the bank a few weeks before the interview, and then get a statement, and withdraw the funds soon after. To prevent this, the Embassy asks for further proof of income and sponsors etc. I have also now come across quite a few winners who lived outside of Iran from childhood, living in Canada and Europe, who have had their interview last year and even this year, and were approved on the day. So that seems quite reassuring. It seems that it is really the poor saps who live under the Iranian dictatorship who are given the hard time. If you take a look at my original question, it was really about whether the number had a chance of becoming current or not. I wasn't soliciting opinions about Americas views on terror and why all Iranians are considered a threat despite never having one Iranian national carry out any attacks, (The Sidney guy was a nut job and not a terrorist). The question you asked was valid as to why I thought I will not get put on AP. I still might, but nothing I can do about that, but then to make unsolicited point about radical Muslims is just pointless and unhelpful. What was that supposed to do? Make me say, "yes what is the point? lets not bother?"

Simon,

I didn't mind what you or Hank said. You made a perfectly legitimate point, and doing so again. You are quite right in pointing out factual stats as they apply to Iran cases. It is not helpful however to talk about Muslim terrorism and the fears of US against all Iranians when that is not the point. From my trolling of other Forums, I have found that the usual case for putting Iranians on AP stems from two main sources. the main one being if the applicants were employed by the Iranian Government at any point particularly if they served in the armed forces, which given the fact that all men are forced to do National Service and the Government being the largest employer in the country, usually translates to a high percentage of AP cases and also the police certificates are not available from Iran. The second main cause of AP is the lack of funds. A lot of Iranians put cash in the bank a few weeks before the interview, and then get a statement, and withdraw the funds soon after. To prevent this, the Embassy asks for further proof of income and sponsors etc. I have also now come across quite a few winners who lived outside of Iran from childhood, living in Canada and Europe, who have had their interview last year and even this year, and were approved on the day. So that seems quite reassuring. It seems that it is really the poor saps who live under the Iranian dictatorship who are given the hard time. If you take a look at my original question, it was really about whether the number had a chance of becoming current or not. I wasn't soliciting opinions about Americas views on terror and why all Iranians are considered a threat despite never having one Iranian national carry out any attacks, (The Sidney guy was a nut job and not a terrorist). The question you asked was valid as to why I thought I will not get put on AP. I still might, but nothing I can do about that, but then to make unsolicited point about radical Muslims is just pointless and unhelpful. What was that supposed to do? Make me say, "yes what is the point? lets not bother?"

Mustafa,

Perhaps you don't know this but SusieQQQ spends countless hours helping people of all races and religions in securing their Green Card. You are being too touchy about the word and frankly you couldn't be more wrong in suggesting Susie is unhelpful. I doubt you can find many examples in your life that devotes as much tiome as she does to helping complete strangers and for absolutely no pay. She has her Green Card - she is just here trying to help - so maybe you should consider that before being so snappy to her.

Now - why did she raise the point and is it applicable to you. She raised the point because you would have to be living under a rock to not have noticed very sad world events. There is, whether you think it is relevant or not, a fear and perception that a program such as the DV lottery provides an easy route for radicalized Muslims to come to "our" cities and attack us. The perception/fear is a reality, whether or not it is justified is another question entirely. Because of that fear/perception there are various things that increase your chances of AP.

There is a state sponsors of terrorism list - Iran is on that list.

There is a lesser publicized "T country" list - and that is mainly Muslim countries.

There is a no fly list which contains many names - and if your name on that list or even similar to or connected to any of those you can expect further checks to be made.

All the above are realities and Susie's comment about fears of radicalized Muslims is a "real world" factor that may come into play.

Working in your favor are some of the points that you have made about where you have been raised etc. If I had to guess, based on the few comments you have said I would guess you would not run into AP issues. I hope that is the case. Since your number is much lower than the predicted AS number and I'm guessing you are interviewing outside of the 3 embassies that serve most Iranian cases, you will, most likely, escape the perils of AP.

Good luck.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

I raised the point, if I recall, simply because he seemed very complacent about being second generation, and recent sad events show that being second generation is no guarantee of being free of the security concerns that lead to AP. Thanks britsimon for the 'defense' (but of course I won't spend any more time on any further questions he may ask wrt the process etc, whatever they may relate to).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.