ydu1

what did you accomplish since you were granted citizenship?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Similar threads merged. Please do not make multiple threads for the same or similar topic.~~

~~Moved to General Immigration Related Discussion, from USC General Discussion - As the topic is not about the steps or process of gaining citizenship.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Majority of immigrant and non-immigrant's dream is to gain u.s citizenship, What major accomplishment did you gain since becoming a u.s citizen? or is life still the same for you?

Life is still the same.

According to a survey it takes legal aliens 7 to 10 years to gain citizenship. How long did it it take you since you landed in the states?

14 years for me. Guess I am above average? :)

Took me 6 years from LPR to USC.

Since becoming a USC, I started my own business; traveled to Australia (so much easier, btw as a USC!!); and living life.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Other Timeline

~~Similar threads merged. Please do not make multiple threads for the same or similar topic.~~

~~Moved to General Immigration Related Discussion, from USC General Discussion - As the topic is not about the steps or process of gaining citizenship.~~

how is it the same or similar topic? one is related to accomplishment of citizens and the other is the amount of time spent in the usa. You must hold a degree on thread law. i just wanna know how you get certified on here to be messing with peoples thread?

Filed: Other Timeline

and why would you move this thread it clearly states u.s citizenship GENERAL discussion and key word GENERAL. If you are the moderator or something go get some classes on how to handle threads better.

Timeline

how is it the same or similar topic? one is related to accomplishment of citizens and the other is the amount of time spent in the usa. You must hold a degree on thread law. i just wanna know how you get certified on here to be messing with peoples thread?

As your second question is a a play off the first it is better to post them together to help get replies on both of your questions.

and why would you move this thread it clearly states u.s citizenship GENERAL discussion and key word GENERAL. If you are the moderator or something go get some classes on how to handle threads better.

The forum also clearly states - Discussion on filing for Naturalization (N-400) to become a US Citizen. This is for anyone wishing to become a US Citizen despite how they entered the US.

Your thread does not fit that forum

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

You must hold a degree on thread law. i just wanna know how you get certified on here to be messing with peoples thread?

If you are the moderator or something go get some classes on how to handle threads better.

As you are a relative newcomer to VJ, my advice to you is to learn a few manners. If you are planning on asking for advice here on VJ in the future, you will find that ordinarily you will get more assistance if you use a civil tone.

The Moderator merged your similar threads, and moved them to the correct place.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife got her citizenship in less than a little over 3.5 years. See my time line. What has she accomplished well we have a 16 month old daughter together. Her English has improved quite a lot. She still has a long way to go. We can now visit more countries with out visa's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

if u want the shortest way to gain citizenship, then if your age qualifies you and u are medically fit, then the military is the shortest route. i know people who have become citizens in less than 1 year since they legally entered through the military.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Citizenship won't change much for us except he can vote, but then again it wasn't his life dream to be a USC. Just so happened he married an American.

That's exactly where I am. We even seriously considered moving to Poland. I applied for because it makes sense and make traveling easier (except I could go to Brazil with no visa using polish passport unlike my work colleagues :) ), but it doesn't really change anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.