Ilovemyman

SDO- VISAS K1 , JANUARY 2015 NEW PROCESS

58 posts in this topic

Wel, really i dont know for what is the invoice number.

I didnt use it for my interview or for nothing yet.

Even for aos i havent hear that you use the invoice number.

Important is the case number.

Invoice number isnt important for our interview or aos.

That's why I was kind of confuse when the lady gave me an invoice number because I never hear a K-1 visa getting an invoice number but I thought it was maybe something new that I didn't know about.... I will have to call back and ask. thanks

That's why I was kind of confuse when the lady gave me an invoice number because I never hear a K-1 visa getting an invoice number but I thought it was maybe something new that I didn't know about.... I will have to call back and ask. thanks

When my fiance gave me my case number he gave me the invoce number too, i wrote it too,i though that i will need it in some stage, but i havent use it, and i havent red about somebady have use it, jijiji :)

When my fiance gave me my case number he gave me the invoce number too, i wrote it too,i though that i will need it in some stage, but i havent use it, and i havent red about somebady have use it, jijiji :)

YEAH THAT IS WEIRED...JJJJ

If you are applying for spouse visa you dont need to pay all the fee at banco popular, this is a post for k1 visas.

For spouse visa i will post a new post.

Dont get confuse, because this post is for all k1. No for spouse visas, k1 and spouse visas are little diferent.

But you can follow the link on top this post and go to the stepts for spouse visas.

Ok, the only reason I was asking was because I already paid for the DS-260, and I thought that they were going to charge me again. This is so crazy.. By far, the hardest thing that I've ever done in my life!

this is a part that nobody is reading at the link

appoinment for consulate are asigned by NVC OR CONSULATE.

AFTER YOU GET YOUR APPOINMENT THEN YOU SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINMENT FOR THE VCA.

New Immigrant Visa Process Starting in January 2015

The United States Embassy in Santo Domingo has opened a new Visa Application Center (VAC) and will transition to a new application process on January 1, 2015, for immigrant visa applications.

The VAC is located on the first floor of the Galería 360 shopping center, on Avenue John F. Kennedy in Santo Domingo. Applicants will visit the VAC,prior to their appointment at the Embassy, in order to have photographs taken, provide fingerprints, collect other necessary data before their interview, and also to deposit documents requested the date of your interview. The visa applicant will need to present a valid passport, receipt of payment of the application fee, and the confirmation page of the DS-260 or DS-160 (for K, fiancée visas). You will need to make an appointment to visit the VAC through their website: at www.ustraveldocs.com.

The appointments to apply for your immigrant visa, to be interviewed in the Consular Section, will be scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC), in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and some of them by the Consular Section, Embassy of the United States, in Santo Domingo.

It actually doesn't sound that hard:

1. Do visa application (print confirmation)

2. Make an account to for VAC

3.Pay for visa at the banco popular (keep recipt)

4.Go to VAC (finger prints and photos)

5.Make appointment for consulate interview

Some where in between step 5 and 6 get your medical way ahead ( I would say 1-2 weeks to be safe)

6.GO TO INTERVIEW ON TIME WITH ALL NESSICARY ITEMS!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

AM I RIGHT ABOUT WHAT I AM SAYING???????????

It actually doesn't sound that hard:

1. Do visa application (print confirmation)

2. Make an account to for VAC

3.Pay for visa at the banco popular (keep recipt)

4.Go to VAC (finger prints and photos)

5.Make appointment for consulate interview

Some where in between step 5 and 6 get your medical way ahead ( I would say 1-2 weeks to be safe)

6.GO TO INTERVIEW ON TIME WITH ALL NESSICARY ITEMS!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

AM I RIGHT ABOUT WHAT I AM SAYING???????????

Step 5 you are wrong, appoinment at the consular section is schedule by NVC or consular section.

If you read the post before yours, you can see that at the end say that nvc or consulate schedule the interview.

It is a litle confuse because says in one place that the last step is schedule the appoinment for interview.

You are 97% almost right :).

Anyway on january everybody will be more clear , i hope that they put people that know what they are doing at the phone, now you call and they are useless for k1 and spouse visas.

Anyone knows how interview dates will be scheduled? Will we be notified of the interview date automatically, or do we have to schedule a date after scheduling the VAC appointment?

Also, I am confused to whether or not a K1 is a non-immigrant or immigrant Visa?

Anyone knows how interview dates will be scheduled? Will we be notified of the interview date automatically, or do we have to schedule a date after scheduling the VAC appointment?

Also, I am confused to whether or not a K1 is a non-immigrant or immigrant Visa?

You need to wait a letter from consulate with you interview date ( packet 4).

Once you get the letter from consulate, then you fill out sd-160 and go to schedule the interview to go to the VCA.

tecnically k1 is a noimmigrant visa , but they work iy like immigrant visa.

First thing you need to schedule at VCA is know your interview date, wich you will jnow when you get the letter from consulate.

• 2 weeks later...

I know is very confusing this new process, but relax.

If read carefully, you can see that you will go to schedule the appoinment to go to the VCA look the parenthesis says ( prior to the appoinment at the consulate).

Consulate or nvc will go to send you a letter with a date for your interview at the consulate, but prior you go to consulate you need schedule an appoinment at tge VCA THERE YOU WILL BRING THE DOCUMENTS AND TAKE FINGERSPRINTS, WHEN YOU DO THAT THEN YOU GO TO THE CONSULATE TO YOUR INTERVIEW WITH A CONSULAR OFFICER.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW .

EXCUSE ME THE CAPITAL LETTERS, I TRY YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER.

IF YOU NEED HELP JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE.

I AM HERE TO TRY TO HELP.

What happens to does who already have an appointment schedule? Mine is for January 13th.,. And I was under the impression all fees had to be paid at cita... No longer at Banco Popular...

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

What happens to does who already have an appointment schedule? Mine is for January 13th.,. And I was under the impression all fees had to be paid at cita... No longer at Banco Popular...

On january all changes, you need do the new process too.

Before go to your interview on january 13, you need go first to vca, and deposit your papers there and fingersprints.

All you need is make an appoinment to visit vca that is first to the interview.

For more information call to the new phone.

On january all changes, you need do the new process too.

Before go to your interview on january 13, you need go first to vca, and deposit your papers there and fingersprints.

All you need is make an appoinment to visit vca that is first to the interview.

For more information call to the new phone.

Well here says if YOU HAVE ALREADY ASSIGNED AN APPOINTMENT JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCCIONS ON YOUR LETTER....

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

So, let's try no to cause more confusion....

In my case, i did my DS1-60 and my appt has been schedule by consulate prior all these changes...

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Well here says if YOU HAVE ALREADY ASSIGNED AN APPOINTMENT JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCCIONS ON YOUR LETTER....

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas.html

So, let's try no to cause more confusion....

In my case, i did my DS1-60 and my appt has been schedule by consulate prior all these changes...

I am no confusing, ALL INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTINUE SCHEDULE BY TGE CONSULATE.

the only thing that change is that you need create a profil at ultraveldoc and schedule an appoinment to visit vca. prior to visit the consulate.

It isnt dificult, before you go to your interview you need go to the vca and deposit the documents and do fingerprints, then after that you go to the interview scheduled by consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.