Ilovemyman

SDO- VISAS K1 , JANUARY 2015 NEW PROCESS

58 posts in this topic

I hope that so done answer you soon because I would love to know as well. I already file the DS-260 on behalf of my husband and daughter, and I would love to know if I can do it again..

If the interview for your husband is on 2015, be sure you send the original confirmation pages to pay at banco popular and deposit at VCA.

He needs the originals pages to pay at banco popular and deposit at VCA prior to the interview.

Guys it's actually a better system now because you have more control of what's going on. They are basically following the same process with the IV visas that they are following for nonimmigrant visas.

My aunt applied for a B2 visa and we had to do most of those steps, like going to the VAC, paying the fee at the Banco Popular, and scheduling the interviews ourselves.

You are perfectly capable of doing things from the US since it's on the internet, hence the world wide web. I did everything for my aunt from filling out the DS160 to making the appointments and tracking her case all while talking on the phone. The ustraveldocs page is in English and Spanish so that doesn't matter. Plus the DS160 has to be written in English, so whenever it asks for info it has to be written in English to avoid any delays. Same thing with the DS260.

Remember that even though you can assist in filling the form, they need to be aware of what it contains. It's important to answer everything completely and truthfully. They will need to do some things on their end though like printing out the confirmation pages and paying the fees though.

Also you can track the status of the passport after your CEAC status says ISSUED at mbe.com.do, click on "entrega de visas" and input your passport number. Additionally you can check the status in ustraveldocs, but for some reason I think it's updated first on the Mailboxes Etc website.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

By the way, one thing I'm not sure of is if for IV cases, does the fee still have to be paid to the NVC? Or does it have to be paid through Banco Popular or the consular section? I would assume that it still has to be paid to the NVC.

Should the medical be done before the meeting at the VAC or after? Estoy confundida.

Edited by Yadeliz N Jairo

Should the medical be done before the meeting at the VAC or after? Estoy confundida.

They dont mention nothing about take the medical exam to VCA, so i supose that the medical exam you bring it to the interview, but on january all questions can be clarify by phone i guess, because right now people who are working on the phone are useless, they dont know nothing about k1, or residents visas,

They give to people wrong informations abouy k1 visas and others immigrant visas.

The VAC shouldn't have anything to do with the medical. That's only for your fingerprints and photograph. The medical exam is needed for the actual interview only and it's sent directly to the embassy. You need to get the medical done at least a full week before the embassy interview date.

Thanks for this information. Can you start this application process prior to your approval to get a head start on things or do you have to wait until you receive it?

We have to wait for the letter from NVC..would that be NOA2 or is another one coming?

Aaaahh..I've been studying all the WRONG process! :)

Besides, I wouldn't worry too much. Either the embassy will provide further instructions on this new process to those who will be subject to it, or they will tell you what to do on ustraveldocs.

The NOA2 is from USCIS, not the NVC. The NOA2 is the approval letter for your case. After that it is forwarded to the NVC and assigned a case number, then it is forwarded to the embassy since you are doing the K1 process. It usually takes about a month after the approval date to reach the embassy.

We have to wait for the letter from NVC..would that be NOA2 or is another one coming?

Aaaahh..I've been studying all the WRONG process! :)

By the way, one thing I'm not sure of is if for IV cases, does the fee still have to be paid to the NVC? Or does it have to be paid through Banco Popular or the consular section? I would assume that it still has to be paid to the NVC.

According to someone I spoke at VAC, the only difference in the IV process would be that after NVC schedules your appointment, you would create a profile at usdocs, make a cita for VAC, take your docs, fingerprints and photo. Then you would go to consulate as scheduled and have your interview.

They are trying to cut the time spend at the consulate and increase the number of interviews per day.

At VAC all they would do is take picture, fingerprint and you take your confirmation from ds160 or ds260 whichever is applicable to you.

I am not sure when you take your receipt since I only asked for IV visas.

I figure there isnt nothing wrong do it at Usa, be sure you send the original confirmations page to the beneficiary to pay at banco popular. And go to vca.

To go to deposit papers beneficiary dont need go with the petitioner.

What do you mean by paying at banco popular? Do I have to pay again? I already filed 4 months ago, and as of right now, I am still waiting for my case to be completed by NVC. THIS IS SO F¥#%iING FRUSTRATING!!!

When I called the NVC I was given my case number and an invoice number. My question now is, What is the invoice number for and when do I use it??

Wel, really i dont know for what is the invoice number.

I didnt use it for my interview or for nothing yet.

Even for aos i havent hear that you use the invoice number.

Important is the case number.

Invoice number isnt important for our interview or aos.

What do you mean by paying at banco popular? Do I have to pay again? I already filed 4 months ago, and as of right now, I am still waiting for my case to be completed by NVC. THIS IS SO F¥#%iING FRUSTRATING!!!

If you are applying for spouse visa you dont need to pay all the fee at banco popular, this is a post for k1 visas.

For spouse visa i will post a new post.

Dont get confuse, because this post is for all k1. No for spouse visas, k1 and spouse visas are little diferent.

But you can follow the link on top this post and go to the stepts for spouse visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.