iamgemini18

I sent AOS package rejected please help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey don't worry about your status. You can file for AOS after 1 month of being here or after a little bit more. Sometimes things happens.

But why not use checks???? You could order checks from your checking account from your bank and it's the easiest way.

Then 1 check for I-130 another for I-485 with biometrcis fee added.

We ordered new checks when we opened our joint account that way it says our both names and address. (

Those adjusting from a K-1 do not send an I-130. Please don't confuse the OP anymore than they already seem to be.

We ddnt have a check at the time we processed...it will take 3weeks to order a check on his bank for some reason...

Anyways its not easy to get a refund for money orders it will take 30-65days before they mail the refund... So im wondering if is it matter i wrote the money orders payable to "U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND AND SECURITY...

Do you think theres a problem with that or i can still use them but i just have to separate the money orders with each i-485 application...

2 (500) and 1(70) thAt makes 1,070 for mine 1(500) and 1(135) total 635 for each child...

Thats only thing i can think of...

You can split the payments between money orders. Some people get money orders that will not go over $1000, so they use one for $1000 and another for $70. If your two kids are under 14, then how you plan to do the money orders should work fine. Just make them out to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Also yes, someone else can write a check for the fees. It does not have to be the USC petitioner or the immigrants that are applying. Anyone can pay, so long as the fees are drawn from a US bank.

The kids will need their own supporting documents for their I-485s(birth certificates, copy of visa and I-94, passport photos, copies of their DS-3025 from their medicals), and you can sign for minors under 14. Sign and then put '(mother)' after your signature.

On the I-864, your USC husband needs to check box #1 on Part 3, and check Yes, and also check box #2 and list your K-2 children there in Family Member 1 and Family Member 2. No need for separate I-864 forms for them. You can all be included on a single form.

Here is a link to K-2 AOS filing tips > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I didn't say it is a big deal, i just said the instructions is clear, nothing else.

I know everyone can do a mistake, you don't know me for tell me to lighten up, it was just advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent my package already... Will be there in chicago next week...

I just exhange the $340 money orders

I called the USICS customer reps...

They said should be fine as long as i write a note regarding the payments...

I filed 3 i-485 forms like they said...

Ap and ead forms as well which is free as long as i file along with i-485 right?

Im hoping it should be accepted so i can take a deep breath and not worrying so much...

I hope everything will be okay...

I will have to wait next month...

Everyone who have given me a helpful advice...

Thanks a lot...

Hope everyone will have update with their papers...

Advance Happy holidays...

God Bless Us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ap and ead forms as well which is free as long as i file along with i-485 right?

Correct, no fees for the EAD and AP forms.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.