decocker

Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are. There’s only one fix.

20 posts in this topic

The problem is that cops aren’t held accountable for their actions, and they know it. These officers violate rights with impunity. They know there’s a different criminal justice system for civilians and police.

Even when officers get caught, they know they’ll be investigated by their friends, and put on paid leave. My colleagues would laughingly refer to this as a free vacation. It isn’t a punishment. And excessive force is almost always deemed acceptable in our courts and among our grand juries. Prosecutors are tight with law enforcement, and share the same values and ideas.

We could start to change that by mandating that a special prosecutor be appointed to try excessive force cases. And we need more independent oversight, with teeth. I have little confidence in internal investigations.

The number of people in uniform who will knowingly and maliciously violate your human rights is huge. At the Ferguson protests, people are chanting, “The whole damn system is guilty as hell.” I agree, and we have a lot of work to do.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/06/i-was-a-st-louis-cop-my-peers-were-racist-and-violent-and-theres-only-one-fix/

But there are A LOT of police that are actually doing their jobs, that care about doing it well, about serving their communities.

These recent cases have done a spectacular job casting the spotlight on a few bad apples, of which are still the minority.

I am the daughter, the niece, and the granddaughter of some very fine officers who served 30+ years in uniform. I have grown up knowing their friends and colleagues in the different stations.

It is really quite sad to see the reputation of hard working officers everywhere tarnished and smeared with these cases.

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: Other Timeline

It's not news that there are cops who behave badly. But, strangely enough it causes arguments with loony leftists when it's stated that the overwhelming majority of police encounters show a police force that behaves properly.

I deem it a sickness of today's society where there is one side of this argument that refuses to take responsibility for its actions. They attempt to put the onus on the police to be patient and de-escalate. Okay, fine. There are far too many events on record where police compromise their own safety and possibly the safety of others, by showing restraint during life threatening situations. Anarchist and the loony left never ever mention even once the issue of a public behaving badly and disrespectfully to our police.

Edited by ExExpat

It's not news that there are cops who behave badly. But, strangely enough it causes arguments with loony leftists when it's stated that the overwhelming majority of police encounters show a police force that behaves properly.

I deem it a sickness of today's society where there is one side of this argument that refuses to take responsibility for its actions. They attempt to put the onus on the police to be patient and de-escalate. Okay, fine. They do this even though it often compromises their own safety and possibly the safety of others. These folks never ever mention even once the issue of a public behaving badly and disrespectfully to our police.

well doctor, it's in the public's best interest to take heed when a former cop attempts to relay their personal experience within the field.

cops are not above or below the public they're paid to protect.

well doctor, it's in the public's best interest to take heed when a former cop attempts to relay their personal experience within the field.

cops are not above or below the public they're paid to protect.

Hogwash.

The pervasive problem is with a public acting out and failing to obey the police. When a policeman tells you to stop, it's not time for discussion on your loony leftist meetings. Do what they say, and if you gots a beef, take it up in court.

Hogwash.

The pervasive problem is with a public acting out and failing to obey the police. When a policeman tells you to stop, it's not time for discussion on your loony leftist meetings. Do what they say, and if you gots a beef, take it up in court.

i'm sorry, why do you keep saying leftist looney? what meetings? i'm talking about the op, what are you talking about?

i'm sorry, why do you keep saying leftist looney? what meetings? i'm talking about the op, what are you talking about?

Loony because those who buy the bullshit are so far removed from common sense they may be past the point of no return. The sickness is so pervasive that it permeates their every fiber. Any part of a conversation that speaks of personal responsibility is deflected with claims of racism, and blame of others. Let me break it down for you even though you will continue to deflect and deny it:

1. Police enforce laws in a nation of laws

2. Police have the power to arrest members of the public against their will

3. It's incumbent upon the public to follow each and every request of a police officer. If you object, be careful not to escalate the situation

Following these guidelines will keep you out of problems with the police. Teaching these guidelines to your children will do the same. Go ahead on though and speak about how blacks are being beaten and murdered in the streets by white police. That's hogwash. What is happening is an epidemic of crime in our inner cities and the cowardly left tap dances around and denies it.

Edited by ExExpat

Loony because those who buy the bullshit are so far removed from common sense they may be past the point of no return. The sickness is so pervasive that it permeates their every fiber. Any part of a conversation that speaks of personal responsibility is deflected with claims of racism, and blame of others. Let me break it down for you even though you will continue to deflect and deny it:

1. Police enforce laws in a nation of laws

2. Police have the power to arrest members of the public against their will

3. It's incumbent upon the public to follow each and every request of a police officer. If you object, be careful not to escalate the situation

Following these guidelines will keep you out of problems with the police. Teaching these guidelines to your children will do the same. Go ahead on though and speak about how blacks are being beaten and murdered in the streets by white police. That's hogwash. What is happening is an epidemic of crime in our inner cities and the cowardly left tap dances around and denies it.

jeez. try reading the article and sitting on your hands until you're finished. then post.

jeez. try reading the article and sitting on your hands until you're finished. then post.

Why not enable yourself to keep it real simple and consider the following:

1. The USA has one of the highest rates on crime on planet earth

a. It's the white man's fault for creating income inequality and forcing some people to be poor

b. It's the responsibility for every living and breathing human to follow the laws of the USA, and endeavor to do what helps reduce crime in our inner cities.

You posted this article in a US climate in which the left is doing all they can to blame the police for epidemic of crime in our inner cities.

Why not enable yourself to keep it real simple and consider the following:

1. The USA has one of the highest rates on crime on planet earth

a. It's the white man's fault for creating income inequality and forcing some people to be poor

b. It's the responsibility for every living and breathing human to follow the laws of the USA, and endeavor to do what helps reduce crime in our inner cities.

You posted this article in a US climate in which the left is doing all they can to blame the police for epidemic of crime in our inner cities.

the left is not blaming police for crime. you're showing your poor grasp of the issues at hand.

here ya go, this is for you: http://www.ginandtacos.com/2014/12/10/the-conversation/

the left is not blaming police for crime. you're showing your poor grasp of the issues at hand.

You know what Val? I am not the only one who is sick and tired of hearing from an American people who always seek discussions and never accept responsibility. Not a freaking word about what they can do to improve a problem they see. Their conversations are filled with bullshit about what everyone else can do.

You know what Val? I am not the only one who is sick and tired of hearing from an American people who always seek discussions and never accept responsibility. Not a freaking word about what they can do to improve a problem they see. Their conversations are filled with bullshit about what everyone else can do.

never accept responsibility? discussing issues is a form of accepting responsibility. finding solutions to problems generally requires discussion.

not a freaking word about what they do to improve? or not a freaking word you will listen to, because you don't believe there is an issue with policing in this country to begin with.

never accept responsibility? discussing issues is a form of accepting responsibility. finding solutions to problems generally requires discussion.

not a freaking word about what they do to improve? or not a freaking word you will listen to, because you don't believe there is an issue with policing in this country to begin with.

What is clear that you only wish to deny and deflect the epidemic of crime in our inner cities. Why is crime so high among blacks in America?

What is clear that you only wish to deny and deflect the epidemic of crime in our inner cities. Why is crime so high among blacks in America?

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with the OP?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg