441 posts in this topic

Had an odd situation two days ago. USCIS received the package which we sent via Express Mail. The check was cashed almost immediately (!!)....then I go up to 16 texts and 16 emails notifying me of receipt with three different MSC numbers....

I called and spoke with a Tier 2 Officer. They assign different numbers to each document eg I-485, I-131 and the EAD application. He told me the GC would take a year LOL.

The EAD and the Travel Doc takes three months....

Let the waiting begin.....

Same here - I got 30 (!!) text messages and 30 emails on Wednesday evening. They just wouldn't stop coming. They also cashed the check on Wednesday.

A year seems long to me... we were hoping more around 6 months to get the GC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

They cashed my checks today, I just checked. Yay.

One year, why? Didn't they say 'up to one year'??? It should be much less, 3 months for interview.

But you're K1, do you still need an interview? Already had at the consulate?

I dont know...the Second Tier Officer said the following:

1. One year for the Green Card from the date of filing. He specifically said around end of November 2015 we would receive the GC in the mail. He didnt know if there would or would not be an interview.

2. He asked why would we need a Travel Document when my spouse wants to stay here? I said one never knows since the wait time is a year for the GC. He seemed satisfied with the answer.

3. He also indicated they are now issuing the travel document + Employment Authorization on the same card.

Interesting

Timeline

I got my notification but it says it is for I 485 biometric fee. I did not get other receipts like most ppl got in this forum .. Hmmmm

Hmmm interesting. We got three seperate pages in three seperate envelopes with three seperate stamps.....ALL from the same address and dept....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hmmm interesting. We got three seperate pages in three seperate envelopes with three seperate stamps.....ALL from the same address and dept....

We got 7 emails which my husband failed to tell me thinking it is all the same and I did see 3 different receipt number so I hope those were it

Edited by Rooshi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Finally received the paper receipts... 4 letters in the mail with the alien number and confirmation letter for each of the forms 765 i130 465...one of the letters state that another letter to schedule biometrics will be sent soon...hope everyone else is also hearing good things and receiving their reciepts

Got our 7 text messages/emails on Friday, Dec. 19th.

First Entered US with M-1 Student Status: 02/01/2013

Applied for M-1 Extension in January 2014

Notified of denial of extension in April 2014

Applied for Reinstatement of M-1: 05/20/2014

Reinstatement Denied: 2/26/2015, due to pending immigrant application

Got Engaged: July 2014
Married: 11/22/2014

Adjustment of Status from M-1 Status to Permanent Resident:

AOS mailed by USPS Priority Post: 12/10/2014

AOS delivered: 12/15/2014
Email and Text Notifications: 12/19/2014
NOA1 received: 12/31/2014 (although may have been in mailbox a few days)

Submitted Case Inquiry for Missing Biometrics Appointment: 1/17/2015
Biometrics letter: 2/7/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 2/11/2015

I-765 Status: 2/18/2015 changed to Card in Production; 2/23/2015 changed to Card Has Been Mailed; Card not received

Submitted Case Inquiry for Missing EAD Card: 3/2/2015, supposed to get a response by 3/17/2015

EAD Card Received: 3/5/2015 (post office found it after a week)

I-485 Status: 2/19/2015 changed to Ready to Schedule Interview

Interview Scheduled: Case Status updated on 3/20/2015, received Interview Notice on 3/23/2015.

Interview: 4/23/2015.

APPROVED!!!! 4/23/2015. Green Card in production.

Greencard Received: 5/1/2015

I-751 Removal of Conditions: sent 4/3/2017, delivered 4/5/2017

So far, this is where we stand:

Dec 8: Package arrived at USCIS

Dec 12: Checks cashed

Dec 12: e-mail and text receipts

Dec 18: hard copies of NOA

Dec 20: Biometrics appointment letter received for 12/31

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

One more update:

Dec 22: Walked in for biometrics successful

Let me know if you guys would like any more details...

Did anyone already receive biometrics notice or went in for an appointment?

N-400

I-130 for Mom

Timeline

Accepted by USCIS on Dec 6th. No biometrics appointment letter yet.

Another thing I noticed is: Checking the Case Status on the USCIS site said invalid case number (MSCxxxxxxxx). When I called the center they tell me its in the system, just that the USCIS site is 'not working'.....just like the Obamacare one???

Hey David,

I can check all 4 of my applications with no problem. I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131. Each one has a MSC and whenever I log in I have to check all 4 separately. But, they are all listed for me.

You should get your biometrics appointment soon, it all depends on how busy the service center is, also with the holidays it definitely slows it down a bit.

N-400

I-130 for Mom

Timeline

Has anyone received their biometric appointments? I receive 3 receipt numbers but nothing for biometric

Filed the AOS paperwork which was received Dec 5th. No letter about biometrics yet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Filed the AOS paperwork which was received Dec 5th. No letter about biometrics yet

Thanks I was wondering coz I heard ppl get in within 2 weeks of getting the noa1....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.