mirrortraveler

Current Vaccination Requirements in Frankfurt

7 posts in this topic

Hi there! :)

I was wondering if any of you recently got their medical in Frankfurt and know which exact vaccinations are required.

I've got this link but is it still current? http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/files/iv_immunizations.pdf

I'm a 30 year old female and I think I've got most of it covered, but I haven't had a Tdap since October 2011. Does anyone know how often these need to be renewed? Also, a question about flu shots. The document above implies that I don't need one as I'm older than 18 but younger than 50. But I've also heard that everyone needs to get them. Which one is right?

I'd like to get the vaccinations ahead of time at my local GP's office. Does my doctor need to fill out a certain paper indicating that I've been vaccinated or does it just have to go into my Impfpass?

Thanks so much in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey!

I got my medical a few weeks ago in Hamburg. Yes, the link is still current. You only need Tdad, 2 MMRs and Varicella (only if you didn't have it as a child.) The doctor in Hamburg just asked me if I had varicella before or not, I didn't even have to prove it. I think it's the same in Frankfurt. Tdap only needs to be renewed every 10 years so you are okay. ;) Flu shots are not required for our age.

I also got my vaccinations in advance, the doctor will write it down in your impfpass which you will bring to your medical appointment.

I hope I could help. :)

K1 Visa:

I-129F sent: 05/12/2014

NOA1: 05/16/2014

Transfer from TSC to CSC: 08/08/2014

NOA2: 09/08/2014

Case# assigned: 09/22/2014

Consulate received: 09/30/2014

Packet 3 received: 10/04/2014

Packet 3 sent: 10/31/2014

Packet 4 received: 11/4/2014

Interview date: 11/19/2014 - Approved!

Visa received: 11/21/2014

POE Chicago: 01/08/2015

Wedding: 03/14/2015 (L)

AOS:

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 03/27/2015

NOA1: 04/02/2015

Biometrics: 04/30/2015

EAD/AP approved: 06/17/2015

EAD/AP card received: 06/24/2015

Interview waiver letter received: 07/24/2015

NOA2: 09/04/15

Greencard received: 09/13/2015

Timeline

I actually had my medical in Frankfurt at the end of October ;)

Lila93 is right about the necessary vaccines, except for the flu shot. If you have your medical during flu season (Oct 1 to Mar 31), you need to get a flu shot. I usually never get one, but had to for the medical :rolleyes: If you ever had chicken pox as a child, you only need to tell the physician that you had it (of course, it's a bonus if you also know the year). So you don't need a verbal declaration from your GP or a titer test to prove it.

See if you can get everything done at your GP's office and whether your health insurance will pay for the vaccines (some don't concerning the flu shot). But it'd definitely be cheaper to get it done there beforehand. Just bring your updated Impfpass to the medical and you'll be fine.

This is an immunization list from a Canadian panel physician (for US visas), but cut down exactly to our age group (I found it helpful):

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I was last week in Frankfurt for the medical and they didn't care about the flu shot, just when you older as 50 years, that's what the doctor told me. Good luck, it's very easy and everybody is very nice there

Timeline

Seriously? :wacko: When I was there in October, some people had to get their flu shots and pay extra because they hadn't received them at their GP's office. And I know applicants in Great Britain definitely have to get the flu shot at the medical as well. Maybe they changed it now?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I was thursday there and she didn't cared about the flu shot, she also never asked about it or so, she just looked for the other shots and said everything is fine.

I had Varicella as a child and got my two MMR's (actually more than two) then as well. @Lila93: What is Tdad in comparison to Tdap? I didn't see that one on the list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.