Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Questions - travel authorization and work authorization document

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

I am currently in the US on a L1 work visa since august. End of october I married by boyfriend (US citizen) and now we are preparing to file for the adjustment of status. And I have a few questions:

1. How long does the process take on average?

2. Since my L1 visa is valid for 2.5 more years - do I even need to do the paperwork for work authorization? And if I don't do it can I still do this later on? Say I loose my current job (not likely at all but worse case scenario), can I then apply for the work authorization ?

3. The travel document.So does this mean that as soon as they receive the package and I get a NOA1 can I then not leave the country anymore until I get the travel document approval? Just want to know in case I need to do a business trip as my employer does not know about this application.

4. we had filed for a fiancee visa in may and received NOA 2 but didn't move further on this since I received this joboffer, we send out the letter to cancel it, but is this something that I need to mention anywhere?

5. One more question - for the affidavit of support will it be an issue that my husband works as contractor job of 6 months? and if so how much assets do we need to proof? and can my savings or income be counted too?

I don't worry about getting approved since we have lived together for 5 years and have 2 kids together, but with me being on an L1 visa I just worry that now us being together as a family depends on my job, which I don't like with having 2 kids.

thank you

03/18/15: Send application

03/22/15: Application received

03/25/15: NOA 1 emails/texts

04/13/15: biomnetrics appointment letter

04/16/15: successful biometrics appointment

06/10/15: Received email - EAD picked up by post office!

06/11/15: Received EAD

06/18/15: Received interview notice in the mail for July 20th 2015 (was send on 06/12/15)


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...