aimar10

FOIA Request

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Err. Social security number?

Like I said before, I wish to know/find out what details USCIS has about my entire immigration history. But at the same time, I don't wish to keep any forms that I had filled for I 485, citizenship etc as I no longer need them and I might be a victim of identity theft, especially since those forms contain my previous addresses, SSN, and other vital info!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Seems like a gigantic waste of time and effort. Just destroy everything you have.

Guess you are just curious what info USCIS has. Won't change anything as they will always keep that info.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Err. Social security number?

Like I said before, I wish to know/find out what details USCIS has about my entire immigration history. But at the same time, I don't wish to keep any forms that I had filled for I 485, citizenship etc as I no longer need them and I might be a victim of identity theft, especially since those forms contain my previous addresses, SSN, and other vital info!

Just our of curiosity - you don't know what you sent to them ? And why do you need that just merely to get rid of the forms (or the copies - original are at the USCIS I assume) that you very well know are no longer needed ?

Your reasoning makes very little sense quite honestly - want to get rid of the forms, get rid of them. You still will be in a possession of hundreds of documents that if mishandled can make a victim of identify fraud. Keeping couple of more forms home isn't decreasing those chances at all. They still will be out there at USCIS, regardless of your FOIA request.

You have to be really smoking the good stuff if you really think the US governement in this day and age is going to give you every bit of information they have on you for you to destroy yourself....thats a good one :rofl: ....

You are not natural born

You are a "new citizen"

The US trust no one!

As a combat veteran of OIF/OEF trust me they know what color draws you had on at your 7th birthday party :ph34r:

If your good, dont worry about, just live your life.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the USA

Edited by tonyb919

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The US government has a "file" on everyone in the US, everyone who has visited the US, everyone who thought about the US, and a lot of other people. Remember the issue when WikiLeaks released files and we found out the State Department had been instructed to obtain all information including passwords, credit card numbers, etc. on UN members.

There is no way the US government is going to send you all the information they have about you. First it would involve hours of searching due to different agencies having information. Second there is no way you will ever know if they have disclosed everything. By requesting a copy of the information they will not destroy it they will make a copy of it and mail it to you thus creating more opportunities for your information to be stolen. But the US government will always retain a copy of your information.

The confusion comes about when you say you are requesting information about yourself so you can destroy it. There is no sense in that statement. If I have my social security card and make 10 copies of it then destroy the 10 copies there is still the original in existence. I can make 10 more copies and destroy them but the original still exists yet again. Requesting the information will not destroy the original files.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

I just naturalized as a US citizen today. I came here as a student (f-1 visa) and got my GC through my father's status.

I wish to delete/shred all my previous forms that I had printed out.

But I'm unsure about what exactly to ask for. Ideally, I'd like a copy of everything they have in their system about me.

Please help/advise.

boy you must have some dark secret that could haunt you later. Your request is bizarre to say the least.

Good luck.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

As someone said before, you must have some sense of what was submitted to USCIS, don't you?

If you apply for Global Entry, they'll ask you questions during the interview about yourself and your file, which will give you an idea of "what they know".

And no, "they don't know what color draws you had on at your 7th birthday party" and by they I mean USCIS.

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Timeline

But the OP raises an interesting question: don't they recycle the paperwork at some point? I get it that there must be a trace as to how the OP became a US citizen, but do they really need to keep all the evidence? (eg. photos, dna evidence, etc.)

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.