YouAndMeForever

K1 VISA IN HAND!! :) I'm so happy and excited!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Big Big Congratulations!

And by the way I just wanted to say - I've heard a few people say negative things from time to time about people who post messages like "We've Been Approved!" Like they're making those who haven't yet been approved feel bad. But if it weren't for all those success messages that I read in the beginning of our journey, I don't know if we would have even attempted this. Before coming to VisaJourney I didn't think it was possible to get my fiancee to the US from Pakistan. And I'm not sure I would have even tried. But reading all these "we just got our visa" messages from people who's stories seemed equally impossible, really is what motivated us to try!

I agree! :)

Congrats! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So nice to see great news on this site, instead of the usual gloom and doom.

Great NEWS and a big Contratz,.,.,.I remember how I felt when my wife got her visa, and after her next day CFO, (FILIPINO racket for more money) we went the next day to buy an airline ticket!

What a great day that was! So, I know your feeling, it is great, isn't it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Congrats and good luck!

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Congrats! :joy:That's fast! :) What a great birthday and advance Christmas gift. :)(L)

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

September 22, 2014: I-129F Packet sent via USPS Express Mail

September 24, 2014: I-129F received by USCIS

September 26, 2014: NOA1 received via email and text

October 3, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received and Alien Registration number changed

October 23, 2014: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 6, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

November 14, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

November 25 and 26, 2014: SLEC Medical Exam

December 10, 2014: Interview- APPROVED!!!

December 10, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

December 15, 2014: CEAC status "AP"

December 17, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED"

December 20, 2014: Received a text from 2GO that passport is ready for pickup

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

January 22, 2015: POE

March 14, 2015: OUR WEDDING DAY (L)(L) (L)

AOS

April 15, 2015: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

April 16, 2015: Package delivered and signed for (Day 1)

April 20, 2015: NOA1 received via email and text (Day 5)

April 25, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (Day 10)

May 2, 2015: Biometrics notice received (Day 17)

May 13, 2015: Biometrics completed (Day 28)

June 29, 2015: AP approved (Day 75)

June 30, 2015: EAD approved (Day 76)

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 6, 2015: EAD approval received in the mail (Day 82)

July 17, 2015: Combo card received-17 days from approval (Day 93)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

September 24, 2015: Green card received!!! Yay! (Day 162)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! :)

I had my K-1 visa interview on 11/25/2014 at the US Embassy in Budapest, Hungary and I was approved. I checked the visa status on the CEAC website yesterday and it said "Issued". Today morning I received an email and a call from the delivery service that the embassy uses that I will receive my package today.

At 10:50am local time I received my passport (with the K-1 visa in it) and the sealed brown envelope that I will have to carry with me and give to the IO at POE. :thumbs:

I'm so happy that everything went smoothly and only 2 days after the interview I have the visa in my hand! I already have my plane ticket, I will enter the U.S. on December 6th, one day after my 24th birthday! :D A few days after POE I'll apply for a Social Security Card, then me and my fiancé will get married (still in December), and after that I will get a new Social Security Card with my married name. We will file for AOS/EAD/AP in January.

I'm so happy to say that my K-1 journey has come to an end and it's a happy ending! ^_^ I can't wait to start my new life in America with the man of my dreams. (L):luv:

Good luck to you all! (F)

congrats and good luck !!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Truly a blessing! Congrats!

If you cannot post your joy and excitement here about receiving your visa, where else could u express your happiness were people would truly understand?! We are all here to support each other in good times and bad! Hearing the good gives others hope when it gets rough!!

Hey guys! :)

I had my K-1 visa interview on 11/25/2014 at the US Embassy in Budapest, Hungary and I was approved. I checked the visa status on the CEAC website yesterday and it said "Issued". Today morning I received an email and a call from the delivery service that the embassy uses that I will receive my package today.

At 10:50am local time I received my passport (with the K-1 visa in it) and the sealed brown envelope that I will have to carry with me and give to the IO at POE. :thumbs:

I'm so happy that everything went smoothly and only 2 days after the interview I have the visa in my hand! I already have my plane ticket, I will enter the U.S. on December 6th, one day after my 24th birthday! :D A few days after POE I'll apply for a Social Security Card, then me and my fiancé will get married (still in December), and after that I will get a new Social Security Card with my married name. We will file for AOS/EAD/AP in January.

I'm so happy to say that my K-1 journey has come to an end and it's a happy ending! ^_^ I can't wait to start my new life in America with the man of my dreams. (L):luv:

Good luck to you all! (F)

Congrats!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Timeline

Big Big Congratulations!

And by the way I just wanted to say - I've heard a few people say negative things from time to time about people who post messages like "We've Been Approved!" Like they're making those who haven't yet been approved feel bad. But if it weren't for all those success messages that I read in the beginning of our journey, I don't know if we would have even attempted this. Before coming to VisaJourney I didn't think it was possible to get my fiancee to the US from Pakistan. And I'm not sure I would have even tried. But reading all these "we just got our visa" messages from people who's stories seemed equally impossible, really is what motivated us to try!

Thank you! I remember reading your thread "Interview from hell"! I'm so happy that your fiancée was approved! :) Wish you guys all the best! (F)

Congrats!!!!! you and my Fiancee had the same interview date. We were Approved also it really is a great feeling I hope the Thailand Embassy is fast as yours to get her passport asap haha. congrats again and have a safe journey :dancing:

Thank you! That's so cool that your fiancée and I were approved on the same day! ^_^ I wish you guys all the best! :)

So nice to see great news on this site, instead of the usual gloom and doom.

Great NEWS and a big Contratz,.,.,.I remember how I felt when my wife got her visa, and after her next day CFO, (FILIPINO racket for more money) we went the next day to buy an airline ticket!

What a great day that was! So, I know your feeling, it is great, isn't it?

Thank you! :) Oh yes, it's truly the best feeling ever! :) I'm on cloud 9 :D

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! :joy:That's fast! :) What a great birthday and advance Christmas gift. :)(L)

Thanks! ;) Yes, moving to the U.S. and finally being with my fiancé is the best birthday gift ever! (L) We can't wait to celebrate Christmas together, as soon as I arrive we will buy a Christmas tree and put colorful lights on it ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.