ChristieLindsay

Complicated July TSC Filer case - NOA2 today!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11/26/2014.

We received our NOA1 on July 17th. What makes this amazing is what got us here though.

I filed an expedite request in September for financial hardship because my youngest daughter has had immunity issues surface preventing her from attending 'daycare', which means we had to hire in-home care for her, at a cost of minimum$350/ a week, plus time off of work for her doctor's appointments, etc. When my fiance comes, he will be a stay at home dad, so this is a massive financial loss to us. They told me I would have a response in 5 days. Then 2 weeks. Then told me I couldn't 'follow up' until 30 days had passed. We waited the 30 days and they were unable to provide an update.

My daughter ended up having to have surgery (which he came down to help for because it was two weeks out of work for me), so we followed up at the end of October and they informed me it had been DENIED for lack of information (even though they never contacted us to ask for the verification). They suggested we re-file the expedite request, which we did on November 7th, again with all of the details of how much we pay and to whom and diagnoses, etc. Again they said they would respond in 5 days.

That's the weekend USCIS updated their website and we have been unable to view our application status online and even when I called in they would just say that they couldn't access our case and to try back later, or wait 30 days and then email the follow up email again to try to get an answer. We were getting no where.

So I contacted my Congressman, and he asked me to write up the specific details of everything above and give it to him. I did, and they called, and I got a letter saying they would 'look into it' and give me a status application update within 30 days. This was on November 12th.

The following Wednesday (November 19th) I received a letter in the mail from USCIS that stated though our situation was obviously serious, a cost of $1600/mo did not meet the requirements of severe financial loss and our expedite request from November 7th had been denied and we would be processed in the order of applications received, 2+ months out. (Not really an expedite request if its after 4 months already though.)

Yesterday afternoon as I was packing to drive up and spend Thanksgiving with my fiance in Canada, I checked my mail and had a follow up letter from my Congressman. It was an email from USCIS saying they had re-reviewed the information submitted and our EXPEDITE REQUEST (which had JUST been denied) had been APPROVED with no further submitted evidence and our application would be processed within 30 days. Which of course leads me to firmly belief this was purely on the merit of the Congressman's inquiry. That email was dated November 21st. Today, I was emailed by USCIS with our NOA2.

Receiving NOA2 while Al and I are physically together, I cannot even explain the wave of emotions that came over me. I literally dropped my phone and he's like "What? What's wrong?" Then I showed him.

Beyond words.......... and forever indebted to Congressman Price in Georgia because without him who knows how long we would still be waiting.....

February 2010: Met on Facebook
September 27, 2013: Began Dating

December 21, 2013: Met in person for the first time (Two weeks together)
April 5, 2014: Met for the second time (One week together)
April 11, 2014: GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2014: Celebrated Canada Day and Independence Day together (One week together)

July 11, 2014: Filed all documents with USCIS for K1 Visa
July 17, 2014: NOA1

July 18, 2014: ARN Changed / USCIS check cleared my bank

September 14, 2014: Expedite requested for financial hardship; Declined for lack of evidence

October 17, 2014: He came to visit me in Atlanta for my daughter's surgery (One week together)

November 7, 2014: Expedite requested for a second time; USCIS unable to access my case for updates....

November 12, 2014: Contact my Congressman to request an inquiry into my case status

November 19, 2014: Receive notice that expedite request has been DECLINED

November 21, 2014: USCIS emailed my Congressman to inform him that the expedite has been APPROVED and will be processed.

This completely means that they re-considered their decision only after Congressional Inquiry

November 26, 2014: NOA2

November 26, 2014: Went to Toronto to Spend American Thanksgiving together (4 days together)

December 9, 2014: Shipment to NVC Notice

December 17, 2014: Received at NVC

December 18, 2014: MTL Case Number and Invoice Number Issued

December 20, 2014: Shipped from NVC to Embassy

December 21, 2014: He came for Christmas with my daughters and I (Two weeks together)

December 22, 2014: Montreal Embassy Consulate Received

December 23, 2014: Packet 3 Received via Email

January 6, 2015: Packet 3 Submitted via Email

January 15, 2015: Packet 4 Received via Email

February 19, 2015: Extended visit with me and my girls (6 weeks together)

May 10, 2015: Anticipated Wedding Date

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

What a battle.... Congratulations and very best wishes . (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's awesome news! Congrats!

Oct 2007 - Met online via OkCupid and then at coffee house in Austin

Dec 2010 - He moved back to Mexico

July 2011 - I moved to Mexico

June 2013 - Moved back home to prepare for birth of our child

Sept 2013 - Our baby arrived!

16 Oct 2014 - Mailed I-129F

17 Oct 2014 - I-129F Delivered to USCIS
22 Oct 2014 - Check cleared

22 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

25 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received Hard Copy

13 May 2015 - NOA2 Received Hard Copy (200 days after NOA1)

29 May 2015 - Sent to NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys!!

So excited and nervous about getting all of the next ducks in a row. Hoping he's here by February at the latest......... Up to Montreal I guess!

February 2010: Met on Facebook
September 27, 2013: Began Dating

December 21, 2013: Met in person for the first time (Two weeks together)
April 5, 2014: Met for the second time (One week together)
April 11, 2014: GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!
June 29, 2014: Celebrated Canada Day and Independence Day together (One week together)

July 11, 2014: Filed all documents with USCIS for K1 Visa
July 17, 2014: NOA1

July 18, 2014: ARN Changed / USCIS check cleared my bank

September 14, 2014: Expedite requested for financial hardship; Declined for lack of evidence

October 17, 2014: He came to visit me in Atlanta for my daughter's surgery (One week together)

November 7, 2014: Expedite requested for a second time; USCIS unable to access my case for updates....

November 12, 2014: Contact my Congressman to request an inquiry into my case status

November 19, 2014: Receive notice that expedite request has been DECLINED

November 21, 2014: USCIS emailed my Congressman to inform him that the expedite has been APPROVED and will be processed.

This completely means that they re-considered their decision only after Congressional Inquiry

November 26, 2014: NOA2

November 26, 2014: Went to Toronto to Spend American Thanksgiving together (4 days together)

December 9, 2014: Shipment to NVC Notice

December 17, 2014: Received at NVC

December 18, 2014: MTL Case Number and Invoice Number Issued

December 20, 2014: Shipped from NVC to Embassy

December 21, 2014: He came for Christmas with my daughters and I (Two weeks together)

December 22, 2014: Montreal Embassy Consulate Received

December 23, 2014: Packet 3 Received via Email

January 6, 2015: Packet 3 Submitted via Email

January 15, 2015: Packet 4 Received via Email

February 19, 2015: Extended visit with me and my girls (6 weeks together)

May 10, 2015: Anticipated Wedding Date

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.