Jon York

EMERGENCY - Don't Have A-Number - Scheduled to Fly Tomorrow!

37 posts in this topic

Phew! You guys are right! We don't have to pay it! And I guess that's the reason her alien registration number wasn't on her visa - because it's a non-immigrant visa. So apparently if the number's not on the visa, you don't have to pay it.

Here's the info from USCIS itself:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Exemptions:

The following groups do NOT have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee:

• Children who enter the United States under the orphan or Hague adoption programs;
  • Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants;
  • Returning lawful permanent residents (SB-1s); and K non-immigrants.
And for good measure, just in case you do have to pay but you don't... you can pay it later:

Failure to Pay:

USCIS will not send you a Green Card until we receive your $165 Immigrant Fee payment. If you fail to pay your fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

So even if she had to pay but didn't, she could still come here and would just have to pay it later. But you're all right - we don't have to pay it.

They just make it so darn confusing though! They send her a letter saying you MUST PAY THIS BEFORE YOU DEPART! And they don't say anything in the letter about the K-visa exception. So then I called the NVC and they said, "we have no access to her A-Number, call USCIS." So I call USCIS and they say, "WHAT $165 fee? We don't know what you're talking about!? Is that a USCIS fee!?" I didn't know at the time but I said yes. And it is a USCIS fee. But the person I talked to never heard of it!

As far as the NOA2 - we will never pay $400 to get a copy of it!! NEVER! But it doesn't matter. There was a long thread here on VJ a while back about this and several people said they never needed it. When they got to the point in the process where they were asked for it they just told them they never got it and they weren't going to pay $400 to get it. The officers told them, don't worry about it, we have a copy here! Of course they do!

Congratulations, and good trip to your fiance God bless you both.

I red your post about her interview, it was long but God blessed you with the approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The a-number is in the visa listed as registration number

Not all K-1 visas have the A# printed on them. Some countries print it on the visa and some do not.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am totally lost on this thread. Of course, I am lost many times here.

My wife is Filipino and came here by K-1 visa, and from Day 1, her NOA 2 she had an """A""" number, and had one through her AOS procedure.

It was replaced with her AOS number.,.,.,but she was K-1 visa, and had an Alien number through out the process.

I hope you make your flight!

Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Failure to Pay

USCIS will not send you a Green Card until we receive your $165 Immigrant Fee payment. If you fail to pay your fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment.

If you do not pay the fee within the time listed in the notice, you will not receive your Green Card. However, failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee will not affect your status as a lawful permanent resident.

From the above info posted at US Consulate,New Delhi, it seems you do get time to pay Immigrant Fee even when the applicant is admitted to US without paying the fee.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee received her visa yesterday and we purchased an airline ticket for her to fly here tomorrow. I was going to pay the $160 visa fee today online, but they asked for her Alien Registration Number - which we've never received from anyone. And it's not printed in her visa. The cover letter she received with the visa said it "might" be printed on the visa - but it's not. Also, I understand it comes with the NOA2 notice - but we never received that notice. USCIS said they mailed it but we never received it. They wanted $400 to send it again and we weren't about to pay $400 for a $0.50 letter!

So, does anyone know how we can get the A-number? Will anyone give it to us over the phone? I'm on hold with the NVC right now - but I'll probably get a response here faster.

Thanks!

K-1 visa holders not pay this fee.

This is for CR-1/2, IR-1/2/5 visa holders.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

there is a icon on the USCIS website that you can click to have another copy of the NO2 mailed to you it take about 1-2 weeks and its FREE

what icon is that ???? I did not rec'd NOA 2 for CR-2 approval and did the inquire and about and submit the application with fee of 400.00

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Failure to Pay

If you do not pay the fee within the time listed in the notice, you will not receive your Green Card. However, failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee will not affect your status as a lawful permanent resident.

From the above info posted at US Consulate,New Delhi, it seems you do get time to pay Immigrant Fee even when the applicant is admitted to US without paying the fee.

K-1 visa holders do not pay this fee - it's no-where in their path of things to do, at all.

I am totally lost on this thread. Of course, I am lost many times here.

My wife is Filipino and came here by K-1 visa, and from Day 1, her NOA 2 she had an """A""" number, and had one through her AOS procedure.

It was replaced with her AOS number.,.,.,but she was K-1 visa, and had an Alien number through out the process.

I hope you make your flight!

Good Luck!

ya, OP was confused about it , as K-1 visa holders never pay this fee. NEVER.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

what icon is that ???? I did not rec'd NOA 2 for CR-2 approval and did the inquire and about and submit the application with fee of 400.00

well from what i am seeing the website has changed but here is the link to get another copy of NOA2

http://www.uscis.gov/e-request

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee received her visa yesterday and we purchased an airline ticket for her to fly here tomorrow. I was going to pay the $160 visa fee today online, but they asked for her Alien Registration Number - which we've never received from anyone. And it's not printed in her visa. The cover letter she received with the visa said it "might" be printed on the visa - but it's not. Also, I understand it comes with the NOA2 notice - but we never received that notice. USCIS said they mailed it but we never received it. They wanted $400 to send it again and we weren't about to pay $400 for a $0.50 letter!

So, does anyone know how we can get the A-number? Will anyone give it to us over the phone? I'm on hold with the NVC right now - but I'll probably get a response here faster.

Thanks!

That is an immigrant fee, K-1 doesn't pay it.

You don't have your NOA2? Better contact USCIS about that, you will be needing it to file AOS.

Don't worry about the A# if you don't have it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Wishing your fiancée a good flight :)

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. They do not receive immigrant data summary info, nor need to pay the $165 immigrant fee.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.