31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

listen to this alebrijie on the last part. K1 is just a visa to a path way to come to USA to marry FULL STOP, you file for it because this is the person ur ready to spend the rest of ur life with and love them unconditionally. K1 aren't a test run. if you knew that you both was so different why waste the time and space that someone else could have used to bring their loved one here that they are 100per sure they are ready for marriage. just saying

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you talked to your spouse about your intentions? I have been married for only a couple of months but can't imagine divorcing my wife under any circumstances so quickly. Is it just so you won't be liable for her financially? Since she is already working is this a valid concern? I just feel bad for her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do NOT depend on the interview, to void this!

Withdraw the AOS (GC) immediately! If not you are going to be on the ""hook"" for 10 years!

Regardless, of what you say, when there are extreme differences of opinion between husband and wife, it is either kids, or.,.,.,,.""one of the two, HAS other interests".,.,.,., been there, done that, is 95% true most of the time.

Even though my wife is from the Phils. and we seem to have no problems, I have read way too many bad stories about relationships from the Phils.

YOU, need to act "yesterday" to save your own behind, until you can sort this out.,.,.,.,but remember I told you, there is much more to this, "than just disagreements" way more! Disagreements can, most of the time, be worked out.,something is being covered up!

PLEASE, when posting on this site """FILL in your timeline before you post""" thank you. Take action immediately to protect yourself, YOU are in danger!

You should definitely have a talk with her, maybe go counselling? If things are going to work out, then unfortunately you will have to inform USCIS that you don't want to support and AoS (and withdraw your affidavit). Also look into ways of ending your marriage.

If you can't be with someone, it isn't your responsibility to think about what happens to her after you do what is right for you.

If you believe your marriage is over think about yourself first, then her.

Previous Visa & EAD/AP Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

22 March 2014 - Sent I-129F

See timeline for data in between these dates.

24 June 2014 - Interview

25 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

26 June 2014 - CEAC Status: Issued

01 July 2014 - Received Visa

POE & Marriage

03 July 2014 - POE (BWI airport)

14 July 2014 - Marriage

Advanced Parole (I131)Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
31 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
27 September 2014 - EAD Combo Card Received

Employment Authorisation (I765) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
23 July 2014 - Initial Review - Received
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
20 September 2014 - Card in Production Update
22 September 2014 - Card in Production Update Again
25 September 2014 - Card Sent Update (Another update came later that day with USPS tracking code)
27 September 2014 - Card Received

Adjustment of Status (I-148) Timeline
21 July 2014 - Sent off
24 July 2014 - Acceptance - Fingerprint fee accepted and case processed at Nebraska Service Center
30 July 2014 - NOA1 Received
26 August 2014 - Biometrics Done
12 November 2014 - Notification of Potential Interview Waiver (NPIW) Received
26 March 2014 - Cleveland Field Office is requesting my file from NBC.
23 April 2014 - Green Card Ordered!

Avatar Photo by Henry Mühlpfordt / CC-BY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh I see...no, I don't think we even ever had a yelling argument. We had a loving relationship. I don't think she would ever try to claim that but if she did, like there is nothing that could be presented...I have ongoing chat sessions all through our relationship to the last day which show a loving relationship.

suddenyellow,

You are in SERIOUS danger of being taken to the cleaners financially. LOVE LOVE LOVE is great, but obviously there is something wrong with your relationship. Otherwise you would be together. You already said you cannot afford to pay her way. You must CUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IMMEDIATELY. As someone else posted....YESTERDAY. You'd better contact an immigration attorney and a divorce attorney ASAP, too.

Very important, do you have a child with this woman? I didn't see any discussion of that here. Do NOT get her pregnant. Resist softheartedness, sure you cried that's fine for a guy, but you are about to be taken for a ride sir.

VAWA is no laughing matter. I am a victim of a scam and a false VAWA claim by a totally fraudulent woman. It cost me over $100,000 bucks. You'd better toughen up quickly, or you will be crying your way to the poor house.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Elaborating on why your marriage is not working would enable people here to give you a better opinion. As opposed to posting and say we love each other but it isn't working.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USEM kinda encourages people from the Philippines to use the VAWA in order to get a greencard now of days.

We had a interview last month in Manila, I listened to every CO tell each person that was doing a spousal or marriage visa that if you are abused in USA to call 911, and also that you will still be able to get your green card.

This is now standard operating procedure in Embassy in Manila, Years ago it was never mentioned by the CO.

The USEM kinda encourages people from the Philippines to use the VAWA in order to get a greencard now of days.

We had a interview last month in Manila, I listened to every CO tell each person that was doing a spousal or marriage visa that if you are abused in USA to call 911, and also that you will still be able to get your green card.

This is now standard operating procedure in Embassy in Manila, Years ago it was never mentioned by the CO.

CR-1 visas come with a green card. VAWA is not something they would ever need, so why would they even bring it up? I have heard the CFO has started include VAWA as a topic to tell immigrants coming to the USA about. This was not the case just three years ago when my wife went through it. They told her to go to her local consulate, not to call but to go to it, which is funny as its an 8 hours drive to get there.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

LOL I remember the CO discussing this during my interview even before I knew I was approved. I also remember my CFO seminar. I thought it was about being prepared with the difference in cultures etc. But most of the seminar comprised of telling us horrible stories of women who were beat up or kept against their will.

Filed: Timeline

While VAWA is taken advantage of by some, it still protects many. There is room for improvement in how the process operates, but informing potential immigrants of their rights is a good thing and should continue.

The real issue, I believe, is people rushing into a marriage and thinking that the K1 visa is good for a 'trial run' in this regard. Seems many complain of a 'gold digger' who used them to come to the USA and after digging through the facts it appears they didn't do a very good job vetting their fiance or paying attention to the red flags.

Having met once within two years doesn't a relationship make, in my view.

Be interesting to know the number of K1 immigrants who have, for example, remained married for 5 and 10 yrs versus the number of CR1/IR1 immigrants who have remained married for 5 and 10 yrs. I suspect the numbers will be higher for the CR1/IR1 immigrants.

Filed: Timeline

While VAWA is taken advantage of by some, it still protects many. There is room for improvement in how the process operates, but informing potential immigrants of their rights is a good thing and should continue.

The real issue, I believe, is people rushing into a marriage and thinking that the K1 visa is good for a 'trial run' in this regard. Seems many complain of a 'gold digger' who used them to come to the USA and after digging through the facts it appears they didn't do a very good job vetting their fiance or paying attention to the red flags.

Having met once within two years doesn't a relationship make, in my view.

Be interesting to know the number of K1 immigrants who have, for example, remained married for 5 and 10 yrs versus the number of CR1/IR1 immigrants who have remained married for 5 and 10 yrs. I suspect the numbers will be higher for the CR1/IR1 immigrants.

Don't know, been married over 3 years (K1 visa) with one child and another on the way. Visited for my wife for over a year.

Don't know, been married over 3 years (K1 visa) with one child and another on the way. Visited for my wife for over a year.

K-1 here also. I knew my wife for over 9 years before she came here, and have been married for over three years now. I'd venture to guess there is little difference in divorce rates between K-1's and CR-1's. I see the rush to get married on the first trip as much as I see K-1 applications after the first visit. My own view is the assumption that every CR-1 is more committed and know each other better so their marriage will last longer, is a fallacy based on the wishful thinking of some. There are no facts to back it up, and its based on the same misconceptions that the 90 Day Fiancee show likes purport are true.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I find this disturbing. Come to the USA, and don't worry, where there is will, there is a way via VAWA.

Why aren't they warning the petitioners massively about VAWA and potential romance fraud as a superhighway to legal residency?

C'mon people, does everyone believe there is this horrendous wave of USC's bashing K-1 beneficiaries?

VAWA is getting more ludicrous by the year.

Yes, it is necessary for the true victims, but again the burden of proof and evidentiary trails need to be tougher. Otherwise, really why have it at all. K-1 should just be changed to "ok you're here. Welcome, here is your green card. Returning to your home country is completely voluntary. OK? US Code 9-1-1 here is the red carpet to LPR-dom."

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.