EricLani

email from SLEC about sputum culture..

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, I didn't take medications because I never had TB before. Most people who needed to undergo sputum culture didn't have any symptoms. It really depends on the chest xray.

Edited by Jel29

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi Everyone :)

Talking about sputum culture,

I was diagnosed with Inactive PTB when i was in college few years ago and took medication for 2months.

My question would be for those who undergone Medical Xray, did they see scars on your lungs and do you guys feel any symptoms for TB? Like Back ache, Cough, Chest ache, or phlem? Because i don't feel any symptoms but I'm worried to undergo Medical Exam.

Any info is much appreciated :)

My fiancee didn't have any symptoms when her scar was discovered at SLEC x-ray.

Timeline

No, I didn't take medications because I never had TB before. Most people who needed to undergo sputum culture didn't have any symptoms. It really depends on the chest xray.

What did they See in your lungs?

Would mind if i ask what happened with your Xray what's the findings? Just wondering as u undergone sputum culture.

Timeline

Would mind if i ask what happened with your Xray what's the findings? Just wondering as u undergone sputum culture.

SLEC x-ray showed a small scar in one lung. SLEC told her to return in one week to do 3 days of sputum samples. Each sample is taken 24 hours apart. Three weeks later she received a phone call from SLEC and they told her to report back to SLEC soon. She did and then did the 130 doses of DOT in 6 months.

Timeline

The doctor said they saw few lines, not actually a spot on my lungs. They also showed me the xray. I didn't really understand what she was saying that time. Hehe

Edited by Jel29

Timeline

SLEC x-ray showed a small scar in one lung. SLEC told her to return in one week to do 3 days of sputum samples. Each sample is taken 24 hours apart. Three weeks later she received a phone call from SLEC and they told her to report back to SLEC soon. She did and then did the 130 doses of DOT in 6 months.

I'm sorry to hear that. Is she done with her treatment already?

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. Is she done with her treatment already?

Yes, she's done with treatment and now we're awaiting the results of the final sputum that's taken at the end of the 5th month of DOT, then re-medical.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello did you use the email address slec@slec.ph to inquire about your sputum result? I emailed them, but still no answer. Its been two days already. Thanks

Timeline

Hello did you use the email address slec@slec.ph to inquire about your sputum result? I emailed them, but still no answer. Its been two days already. Thanks

What's the due date of your sputum culture?

Timeline

December 12, 2014 but slec told upon the end of sputum test to come back on december 19

I sent them an email on the exact due date. They replied on the same day. Wait until tomorrow. :)

Timeline

December 12, 2014 but slec told upon the end of sputum test to come back on december 19

The results go in to SLEC's database only a day or two before the date SLEC says that the results will be ready if negative for the full incubation period. That way the information is ready for the given day.

slec@slec.ph is the correct email address :)

Edited by luckytwo15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It does no good to contact SLEC early regarding sputum results. Be patient.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.