Novak.Ani

K-1 No meeting in person- only hope- Fiance in Gaza

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

I would try to meet up. It might delay things, but that's okay. Situations on the ground can change.

Let him try to cross, and if he can then book your ticket and go.

That may actually work if everything goes accordingly. It will be difficult to cancel clients who book weeks in advance, and find someone to watch my little Jedi, but, if that is the best chance, I would rather take it.

Oh my goodness what a horrible situation to be in.

I'm no pro, but if you go through the process of the K-1 Visa and really plead your case, then you just never know what will happen. The fact that on the form it says "did you meet through a marriage broker" makes me think that there are visas being granted to those who wanted to buy themselves a bride. As for the evidence, you could send in copies of your conversations, Skype calls, phone call logs, hand written letters perhaps?

But honestly, I think it's important to meet in person first regardless of this entire process on a personal level. I knew my fiance online for 5 years, I spoke to him every day, but it wasn't until we began meeting in person that I learnt more about him in a way that just isn't possible online. I know how difficult it is for you, you can't just pop by and see how it goes, but I think emotionally it would probably be a good thing to try your best to meet him. There's always a possibility that he does get granted a visa before you've met him and then perhaps things don't really go the way you were expecting them to. I know right now it seems impossible, but meeting in person changes the dynamic of a relationship for better or for worse.

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

Timeline

Oh my goodness what a horrible situation to be in.

I'm no pro, but if you go through the process of the K-1 Visa and really plead your case, then you just never know what will happen. The fact that on the form it says "did you meet through a marriage broker" makes me think that there are visas being granted to those who wanted to buy themselves a bride. As for the evidence, you could send in copies of your conversations, Skype calls, phone call logs, hand written letters perhaps?

But honestly, I think it's important to meet in person first regardless of this entire process on a personal level. I knew my fiance online for 5 years, I spoke to him every day, but it wasn't until we began meeting in person that I learnt more about him in a way that just isn't possible online. I know how difficult it is for you, you can't just pop by and see how it goes, but I think emotionally it would probably be a good thing to try your best to meet him. There's always a possibility that he does get granted a visa before you've met him and then perhaps things don't really go the way you were expecting them to. I know right now it seems impossible, but meeting in person changes the dynamic of a relationship for better or for worse.

Thank you! Your response and advice is greatly appreciated. I only know from what I've read about visas, so it is really calming to speak with people who've been thru this process or others like this. I'm 22, divorced with a son to care for, it's hard to keep my head on straight during normal days. But this is just overwhelming beyond recognition. I just want to choose the right path, I really want to do it the right way. I don't need to cheat the system or find the fastest way out of laziness or boredom. I just want him to be safe with me. I'm always worried he will be killed. But maybe meeting in person is all we will have. I'm too scared to give that up even. Just can't settle on the best path. Thank you so much for listening

Russian roulette really. I never know if what I choose will work. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

One day at a time girl. With this embassy I imagine he will face some extra scrutiny - if you want this to be a long term thing there's no sense in not doing it right. Take time to build your case, try to visit each other. I would not apply without having met. That is a bad idea. I would also seek to build a relationship with his family, so that if you do want to pursue a marraige that you can have a happy one. It could be looked at him using you for a visa if you don't do this right. You are guilty until proven innocent according to the embassy in this case.

Thank you! Your response and advice is greatly appreciated. I only know from what I've read about visas, so it is really calming to speak with people who've been thru this process or others like this. I'm 22, divorced with a son to care for, it's hard to keep my head on straight during normal days. But this is just overwhelming beyond recognition. I just want to choose the right path, I really want to do it the right way. I don't need to cheat the system or find the fastest way out of laziness or boredom. I just want him to be safe with me. I'm always worried he will be killed. But maybe meeting in person is all we will have. I'm too scared to give that up even. Just can't settle on the best path. Thank you so much for listening

Russian roulette really. I never know if what I choose will work. :(

I agree with the above post. Try and be in the relationship for a while longer, get a good relationship going, see how it all plays out. You can apply for the K-1 visa and see how it goes though, you never know...but it might be frowned upon considering where he lives unfortunately.

Edited by shana.mike

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is sad.

I know it is hard for you to get there, but I think he will find a way to get out somewhere?

Try to meet somewhere else, where you both do not require a visa.

Would this be possible?

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I don't blame you for wanting to get him out as the situation in that region can change so quickly. But the embassy may well view the visa as his attempt to escape Palestine and a big red flag.

You will need to have made an effort to meet him before any waiver but good luck with your case as it can't be easy to be in your position.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

I agree with the above post. Try and be in the relationship for a while longer, get a good relationship going, see how it all plays out. You can apply for the K-1 visa and see how it goes though, you never know...but it might be frowned upon considering where he lives unfortunately.

One day at a time girl. With this embassy I imagine he will face some extra scrutiny - if you want this to be a long term thing there's no sense in not doing it right. Take time to build your case, try to visit each other. I would not apply without having met. That is a bad idea. I would also seek to build a relationship with his family, so that if you do want to pursue a marraige that you can have a happy one. It could be looked at him using you for a visa if you don't do this right. You are guilty until proven innocent according to the embassy in this case.

This is sad.

I know it is hard for you to get there, but I think he will find a way to get out somewhere?

Try to meet somewhere else, where you both do not require a visa.

Would this be possible?

I don't blame you for wanting to get him out as the situation in that region can change so quickly. But the embassy may well view the visa as his attempt to escape Palestine and a big red flag.

You will need to have made an effort to meet him before any waiver but good luck with your case as it can't be easy to be in your position.

Thhhhaaaaannk you everyone. So much really!! It may be possible if he is able to leave. But from the way the laws and restrictions are, they can promise him his exit and then prevent him at the last minute. But I really don't want to put out any red flags, and I know the way my country views the middle east right now. :'( the chances are soooo slllliver thin. But a chance is all I need. It will just take strategic planning. Praying God will give those people the human rights they deserve. Its unbearable to watch the people you love suffering so gravely. Then turn around and being bashed like they are not our brothers and sisters. Ranting again. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Thhhhaaaaannk you everyone. So much really!! It may be possible if he is able to leave. But from the way the laws and restrictions are, they can promise him his exit and then prevent him at the last minute. But I really don't want to put out any red flags, and I know the way my country views the middle east right now. :'( the chances are soooo slllliver thin. But a chance is all I need. It will just take strategic planning. Praying God will give those people the human rights they deserve. Its unbearable to watch the people you love suffering so gravely. Then turn around and being bashed like they are not our brothers and sisters. Ranting again. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Maybe you should contact this VJ member for more info.

magysd

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/505827-the-border-is-completely-destroyed-any-suggestions/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

shahara2013 oh my god, really?? What process did you select, if i may? That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing a fragment of hope to the hopeless! <3

Timeline

Do you know this person?? Thank you for sharing !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is hard in that part of the world to get a visa, ""even if you meet"" and have tons of proof. If you cannot document that you tried, to get to where he is and you use pictures, documents, and any other proof, I just do not think you could ever get a visa done.

Just my opinion, but proving you have met, is hard enough, getting one without meeting.,.,I just do not see it. If you can afford it, try, and document everything you can to support your wavier.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is almost a 'touchstone' of proof - for them as for you. The meeting in person changes everything it truly does - your heart knows when you touch for the first time if it is truly right. When I met Lauren at the Airport for the first time I was sure, and then I was incredibly sure, and it was so right. But it might not have been!!, and to risk everything for love is a good thing, but in life you really have to take risks, and for something as important as being together for the rest of your lives - why would you not at least try?

Seriously - if you really love and will be together for the rest of your lives there will be tough times, and devotion to each other and working through it can get you through. This is a test - are you committed enough to actually try!

Can you be relied on to do more than just type to each other, or to send money? Can you or him physically do something to show you are truly committed?

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Timeline

Thank you , really so much for your response! All I can do is try, your right, i cant be hopeless and let the thing i need most in my life slip through my fingers because i was too afraid to try. This is all i have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.