Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zayyan Eesha

Travel Back in the Philippines and Re-entry in USA

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines

Hi members, i need more clarifications. I want to travel back in Philippines and re entry to US. Here is the situation. I was admitted in US as fiancee visa, got married and my adjustment of status is still ongoing. Assuming that my I-131 (Advance Parole/ granted reentry permit) is approved, i can go back to Philippines. Now, my passport is still under my single status information/maiden name information and it will expire on 2019. My single/maiden name is AAA(given name) BBB(middle name) CCC(family name) written on passport but on my reentry permit is AAA BBB DDD which the DDD is my husband's surname. I still use the BBB as my middle name in all my papers in US because that is part of the tradition here in our state that you can just drop off your maiden surname(CCC) and just replace the husband's surname(DDD). But in Philippines law on married woman,it should be like this, AAA CCC DDD(Given name----maiden surname as middle name already-----carrying husband's surname now). Thinking that i will not ammend my passport to change it to my married info because it is still valid until 2019 and the fact that on 2019, i can apply for US citizenship.

Here are my question?

1.) Can i still use my old passport in re entering the Philippines?

2.) When purchasing plane ticket, what name i will use?

3.) In re entering the US, what documents does the immigration ask aside from the REENTRY PERMIT when i will be on my POE ?

4.) In leaving the Philippines, what documents does Philippine Bureau of Immigration will ask me? Take note that i don't have a US visa anymore, only the re entry permit.

To those who had same situation on me, share me what you did.

Edited by avah917

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand

name on ticket same as in passport, bring certified copy of marriage certificate, at POE back in USA, you will be taken to "secondary inspection", be prepared for a long wait if you have a connecting flight,they will take your combo card and passport, the marriage certificate will show the name change,they didn't ask my wife for it,just took her passport and combo card, waited 1hour 50 minutes, returned them to her, no questions, and away we went....enjoy your trip!

Edited by steve n songsang

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines

TO: Steve N Songsang

Thank you so much from the wonderful and great explanation you made. You really explaned thoroughly.

A huge help. Thanks sooooo much.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...