acabrera7186

k1 denied can I get a waiver for my I 130

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

wow ok did you receive a noa 1 yet on the cr-1 i want to add more proof this time and some proof showing that we aren't related i think we were targets you know young couple doing a k1 visa this really sucks but i think this visa is way better they get here in the states with a green card and ss and cheaper too i think because k1 you have to spend 1070 for the green card and all that stuffs as cr-1 its 88 plus 230 for nvc and 420 for the petition but i can get that waived my immigration officer told me which is good can you let me know if anything changes in your petition just in case thanks

The I-130 fee ($420) cannot be waived. The list of waivable fees are on the fee waiver application: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-912instr.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have never heard of anyone providing DNA samples but it makes perfect sense to me. Just because they didn't ask for it doesn't mean they wouldn't accept it.

Edited by daviddelen

Yes we received our noa1 on August 18. And we're sent to Nebraska service center. Which seems to be the slowest! We added a lot more proof to this one. And letters from family and friends

Oo ok cool

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your denial. What a nightmare. This topic concerned me a bit. Do you mind if i ask how they thought you were related or how they could possibly come to that conclusion. I am concerned because i met my fiance on facebook and her sister is married to my uncle. Her sister had nothing to do with the introduction, we were mutually attracted to each other and started talking on our own. In the letter of intent to marry i explained this as well. After seeing this i must say i am having some anxiety and am concerned we will be treated unfairly as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your denial. What a nightmare. This topic concerned me a bit. Do you mind if i ask how they thought you were related or how they could possibly come to that conclusion. I am concerned because i met my fiance on facebook and her sister is married to my uncle. Her sister had nothing to do with the introduction, we were mutually attracted to each other and started talking on our own. In the letter of intent to marry i explained this as well. After seeing this i must say i am having some anxiety and am concerned we will be treated unfairly as well.

Why would you bring up that her sister is married to your uncle if it doesn't matter. It makes more questions possibly when there need not be any. It should be fine. But sometimes saying less goes along way.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Yes i regret it now because it really does not matter. I asked for advice when i was filing and was told to be 100% truthful on how we met. it explains how i was able to find her via facebook as a mutual facebook friend of my uncles wife.I did not want to come across as hiding anything in case they had some way of seeing this information some how. I talked to a few people about it and the general opinion is that its fine. After seeing this i got a little worried and would really like to know exactly why they denied them under that reason. There has to be something left unsaid here. Also we are going through tsc and i am aggrevated watching the vj processing times being highly innacurate among other things. We did not get transfered.

I have to conclusion either we were a target to them because we a young couple and wanted to get married right away here and to them mostly is fraud the other conclusions is that someone called the consulado and said I was helping him out which is total b.s.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.