luukee

Vaccinations in vietnam

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello Vjers,

Just wondering if your spouse ran into any issues while doing the medical exam - if they're missing any shots, were they able to get everything done during the examination?

I was checking here for the required ones - but wasn't sure what was required during the Vietnam Medical examination.

http://www.uscis.gov...on-requirements

Q. Certain vaccine series can only be completed with multiple visits to the civil surgeon. Am I required to complete the entire series before the civil surgeon can sign the Form I-693?
A. You are only required to receive a single dose of each vaccine when you visit the civil surgeon. You are encouraged to follow up with your private health care provider to complete the series. Once you have received the single dose appropriate at the time, the civil surgeon can sign and certify the Form I-693.

Q. I am pregnant and do not wish to receive any vaccinations. Do I still have to get them to be able to obtain permanent resident status in the United States?
A. If you are pregnant, the CDC's Technical Instructions direct the civil surgeon how to evaluate the vaccines you are able to receive during pregnancy. If the civil surgeon cannot safely administer a required vaccine, he/she will annotate the Form I-693 by marking the vaccine as contraindicated. See link to the right for information on pregnancy and vaccinations in general.

thanks guys

If your fiance is missing any required shot, the panel doctor will refer him/her to the Quarantine Service.

The Q/A snippet that you attached above is for the AOS process once your fiance gets here.

Filed: Timeline

Frontgear,

thanks for the info - I'm going the CR1 route, but I was looking at this nice guide done by LotOfPatience

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

and it mentions about those shots so that's why I was wondering about anyone's spouse having to do them.

Also, there's one called Haemophilus influenzae type B that my wife has said that its completely ran out in the whole country..so I was wondering how that would be handled.

But maybe the quarantine center you mention might have it.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/HCM%20-%20Ho%20Chi%20Minh%20City.pdf

thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.