enxhi27

HELP with B2 visa!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline
Greetings

Me (22) and my mom are applying for an US visa...

We had the B2 visa twice before and traveled to the states without any problem.

My mom's last visa was on her old passport, that is not valid anymore. The old passport was not valid when we traveled to the states the last time, so she traveled with both passports and she has the border control thing on her new pass with the visa number and everything.

The problem is that she lost her old passport with her old visa on it. It did not get stolen. She just cant find it in the house. probably hidden somewhere and it wont come out.

The application process requires her to have her pass with the old visa on the interview day...

will she not be able to get her new one cause of loosing it? (she did not report the lost visa thinking it was expired. the visa expired on 2010, she lost it on 2012)

If she is not issued the visa, since we are applying together, will i be penalised as well?

Should I apply separately from her? Since its very important for me to get it.

Thank you

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Greetings
Me (22) and my mom are applying for an US visa...
We had the B2 visa twice before and traveled to the states without any problem.
My mom's last visa was on her old passport, that is not valid anymore. The old passport was not valid when we traveled to the states the last time, so she traveled with both passports and she has the border control thing on her new pass with the visa number and everything.
The problem is that she lost her old passport with her old visa on it. It did not get stolen. She just cant find it in the house. probably hidden somewhere and it wont come out.
The application process requires her to have her pass with the old visa on the interview day...
will she not be able to get her new one cause of loosing it? (she did not report the lost visa thinking it was expired. the visa expired on 2010, she lost it on 2012)
If she is not issued the visa, since we are applying together, will i be penalised as well?
Should I apply separately from her? Since its very important for me to get it.
Thank you

Each person applies on their own. Having been granted visas before makes it easier to be granted a new one. Her application has nothing to do with yours.

Since the passport is lost there isn't much she can do except present a new one. She has no choice but to apply for a new one. This shouldn't be a big problem.

No. Each applicant is responsible to their own application.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.