rocio2194

please help me with aos i am so lost (merged)

4 posts in this topic

I am having some issues filling out my AOS. My case was expedited after I sent in the AOS and IV packet to nvc. however nvc didn't review it they just sent it to the embassy. Anyways when I sent it in I had a job as a seasonal party planner and filled out my estimated income for this year. Now that this moved faster than planned I had to quit. So now I am unemployed. However I made 11,940 this year between the job I had for half of the year and the one I just quit and my mom is going to make 19056 this year so we are still above 125% for a household of 4. I know we can combine our income because we live together and she is my parent. so no issue there but my question is will it affect my aos that I am unemployed now? Both of my jobs were back to back. The previous year my income was only 6000 but I was on bedrest for half of the year the year before that it was about the same as this year. I have never been unemployed. I always have a job lined up. Should I just take my last pay check stubs from both jobs to the embassy that say how much I earned to date? I am just really confused on what to do. Thank you for your time.

If you are currently unemployed then your joint sponsor needs to make enough for themselves, their family (including anyone they claim on taxes or any children under the age of majority) plus the immigrant.

You need an entirely new I-864 for the beneficiary to take to interview that says you're unemployed.

I also suggest you find a new joint sponsor as your mom doesn't make enough.

Plus looking at your country, you will be there at interview correct? DR pretty much mandates that both the beneficiary and petitioner are present.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am having some issues filling out my AOS. My case was expedited after I sent in the AOS and IV packet to nvc. however nvc didn't review it they just sent it to the embassy. Anyways when I sent it in I had a job as a seasonal party planner and filled out my estimated income for this year. Now that this moved faster than planned I had to quit. So now I am unemployed. However I made 11,940 this year between the job I had for half of the year and the one I just quit and my mom is going to make 19056 this year so we are still above 125% for a household of 4. I know we can combine our income because we live together and she is my parent. so no issue there but my question is will it affect my aos that I am unemployed now? Both of my jobs were back to back. The previous year my income was only 6000 but I was on bedrest for half of the year the year before that it was about the same as this year. I have never been unemployed. I always have a job lined up. Should I just take my last pay check stubs from both jobs to the embassy that say how much I earned to date? I am just really confused on what to do. Thank you for your time.

Like NLR said you definitely need a co-sponsor.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/affidavit-support

Joint Sponsor

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

If you are currently unemployed then your joint sponsor needs to make enough for themselves, their family (including anyone they claim on taxes or any children under the age of majority) plus the immigrant.

You need an entirely new I-864 for the beneficiary to take to interview that says you're unemployed.

I also suggest you find a new joint sponsor as your mom doesn't make enough.

Plus looking at your country, you will be there at interview correct? DR pretty much mandates that both the beneficiary and petitioner are present.

Yes I am going to be at the interview.

Like NLR said you definitely need a co-sponsor.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/affidavit-support

Joint Sponsor

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

I work for a temp agency so technically I am not unemployed but I just don't have set days or hours that I work. Can I just use the employee verification form the gave me in august and the paystubs I have for september and october and november? I don't know anyone who is willing to be my joint sponsor.

Edited by rocio2194

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.