CMB103

B2 Tourist Visa questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a US Citizen woman who is married to a Mexican national man. We were married April 2014 after dating for 2 years. We are both in our 30s. He applied for a B2 visa in spring of 2013 while we were dating but was denied for lack of ties to his country (though he had a notarized letter from his school, work and his parents business info). However, he had never left Mexico and it was his first passport, no vistors were listed as I was and am currently living in Mexico and my friends/family had not met him yet.

Since this time he has traveled to Costa Rica, Panama and the D.R. He is finishing up a three year seminary and will enroll for university courses for August 2015. We are hoping to apply in 2015 to visit in July before he goes back to school.

He now runs his own business, having launched in February, but his income fluctuates. My income is the stable income in our marriage. All rent and utilities are in his name. We have no intentions on moving to the US but would like both of us to be able to go and visit people we know in Georgia and Florida, including my aunt who is unable to travel.

With this being said I have a few questions:

1) On the application is there a way he combines the two incomes or can refer to mine as stable income? Should he gather documentation from his office on the amount of calls and usage of meeting rooms and the like?

2) Is there a subsection to apply for a tourist visa as the spouse of a US citizen?

3) Would an acceptance/enrollment letter be sufficient to apply to visit in July although he won't start coursework until August?

4) Should my aunt or our friends create a invitation letter? How would they go about doing this and what purpose would it serve as our visit is temporary?

Any insight or resources would helpful.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.