GrayL

Good News for VSC I-751 filers - Workload Transfer From the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center

24 posts in this topic

From: http://www.uscis.gov/news/form-i-751-workload-transfer-vermont-service-center-california-service-center

Direct Copy and Paste:

USCIS recently began transferring some casework from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center to balance workloads. The affected casework includes:

How You Will Be Affected

If we transferred your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. Please note:

• The words “Case Type: CRI89 Approved Removal of Conditions” will be printed on the transfer notice - this refers to your pending Form I-751.
  • The transfer notice may not contain the receipt number of your pending Form I-751.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check the status by entering your receipt number in Check Status. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time for the California Service Center to process Form I-751. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD (hearing-impaired) assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833.

When calling to ask about your case status, tell us your original receipt number and also say that your case was transferred to a new location.

If you have filed Form I-751 and we send you any notice, such as a request for evidence, please read the notice carefully. Make sure you respond to the service center that sent you the notice.

If you move while your case is pending, tell us your new address as soon as possible after you move. You can change your addressonline or call the National Customer Service Center. It is important that you tell us about any change of address so we can notify you of any action on your case.

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They started from June they already transferred half of June filers, next is July in the coming week or so I hop , no transfer for April and may i don't know why?

I'm confused. In the first ever biometrics notice they sent me, my case type was listed as CRI89, does that mean it has already got transfered at first place?

No, that is their internal code for the I-751, it is also common for the VSC to handle biometrics, even though your actual case is being handled by the CSV

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i could not find my case # status.. i had entered it several times and double checked for typos. :huh2:

does it mean that it has been transferred to csc? i didn't receive any new case #.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i found the other case #. i had overlook the letters. looks like i have cri89 on my case type.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't like the looks of the USCIS website now. The page had been revamped and I like the old one better. There does not appear to be a status of your case such as "initial review", site only says your case was received and the date. :crying:

i could not find my case # status.. i had entered it several times and double checked for typos. :huh2:

does it mean that it has been transferred to csc? i didn't receive any new case #.

The trackable case number you'll find on your Biometrics Appointment letter, it is not the # that comes with your NOA1. There might be a couple on your biometrics letter; try them all until you see the CRI89 notice, that's you're number. CRI89 is the USCIS' internal reference for the ROC.

I would highly doubt you will get new case numbers based on a transfer. I hear the CSC and VSC do this sort of thing often, and the VSC still usually handles tasks like the biometrics for both CSC and VSC filers.

Good Luck :dancing:

Edited by GrayL

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

I don't like the looks of the USCIS website now. The page had been revamped and I like the old one better. There does not appear to be a status of your case such as "initial review", site only says your case was received and the date. :crying:

I didn't like it at first but now I do, from the date the site changed into the future it now tracks the history of the case, not just the current status, very nice feature.

Overall I do like the aesthetics of the new site, I think it was long overdue. Problem with this is I'm sure the bugs in the system will still remain. They put a new mask on the beast, but underneath the beast is still the same!

I'm a web designer and from that perspective anyway it's cleaner and more modern, so that's a good thing.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i applied to remove the conditions in june 2014.my case is in vermont service center.the last date they have worked on was for the ones in march and on march 24th.i am just curious how long will it take to get my green card since my case status shows that its been recieved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Match 24th is an old update VSC are working on May and July now. All June filers will be transferred to CSC and they have to do the prosses all over again for June including second time finger print they won't keep priority dates, it's not fair.

Filed: Timeline

Wait what? So the case is completely reprocessed?

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.