Trumplestiltskin

Baker in 'gay marriage' cake row

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I used to run training classes in Singapore, and I recall the cafeteria has two stations, separate utensils, plates, cups, etc for Muslim and Chinese food.

One could usually guess who is Muslim by their name, and women wearing headscarf / hijab are pretty obvious clue.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

One asks them. Muslims will be more than happy to bear witness to their faith.

:rofl: I'll remember that the next time I'm in line with a grocery cart of 50 items (49 of them being pork products) 12 people in line behind me.

I doubt the opposite would occur...a Muslim asking a grocery store clerk (who happens to be Christian) if they're Christian because they (Muslim" has a "problem" with an infidel Christian servicing them.

Timeline

American Indians normally go by Raja, Gupta, Rama, Vamsi, Srini, Patel, and other ethnically recognizable names from the sub-continent where they originate.

As always, if you really want to know the best and surest way is to ask.

I guess we'll know if someone is American Indian if they're wearing a full feather headdress, bottle of "firewater" in hand and sporting a bow and arrow.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I'm sure they would ask if they had a problem with that. The fact it is not a current issue is because our prejudices far outpace reality.

:rofl: I'll remember that the next time I'm in line with a grocery cart of 50 items (49 of them being pork products) 12 people in line behind me.

I doubt the opposite would occur...a Muslim asking a grocery store clerk (who happens to be Christian) if they're Christian because they (Muslim" has a "problem" with an infidel Christian servicing them.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

American Indians normally go by Raja, Gupta, Rama, Vamsi, Srini, Patel, and other ethnically recognizable names from the sub-continent where they originate.

American Indian...like from the Cherokee, Cree, Lakota tribes etc....not Asian Indian.

Edited by Torete

I used to run training classes in Singapore, and I recall the cafeteria has two stations, separate utensils, plates, cups, etc for Muslim and Chinese food.

Yes, to avoid mixing stuff up because Chinese food is non-Halal.

I'm ok with it. No big deal.

There are also many food establishments which are halal certified, so that Muslim can dine in worry-free.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

OK I'll ask...Are you serous?

Timeline

I used to pick stuff from both stations - fusion at its best... Nobody ever raised an eyebrow. The one thing I like about SIN is that everyone fits and yet, everyone is different. It's really an interesting mix.

Yes, to avoid mixing stuff up because Chinese food is non-Halal.

I'm ok with it. No big deal.

There are also many food establishments which are halal certified, so that Muslim can dine in worry-free.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Cherokees, Cree, Lumbis, Lakota. These are native American tribes. They are not Indian.

Yes, from American tribes...I have a friend or two (Native American tribe) and even they refer to themselves as "Indians". Is it politically incorrect to refer to them by "Indian"? Just asking, I'm always open to being schooled.

I guess the owner of the Washington Redskins needs to be schooled also.

Timeline

Walk into any IT shop in this country and you'll see a lot of Indians, some of the American-Indian, working as coders, developers, etc. India is one of the top beneficiaries of H1B visas.

OK I'll ask...Are you serous?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I don't think it is politically incorrect. It is just plain incorrect.

Yes, from American tribes...I have a friend or two (Native American tribe) and even they refer to themselves as "Indians". Is it politically incorrect to refer to them by "Indian"? Just asking, I'm always open to being schooled.

I guess the owner of the Washington Redskins needs to be schooled also.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Cherokees, Cree, Lumbis, Lakota. These are native American tribes. They are not Indian.

Walk into any IT shop in this country and you'll see a lot of Indians, some of the American-Indian, working as coders, developers, etc. India is one of the top beneficiaries of H1B visas.

Even if they refer to themselves as Indian you think its incorrect?

http://www.ncai.org/

Timeline

I don't think it is politically incorrect. It is just plain incorrect.

We can agree to disagree then. That's the great thing about a respectful exchange/dialogue...something I've seen in you exhibit. Compliment not criticism or sarcasm JohnR.