25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am so happy to see that today they updated my case online and said "on 10/27/17 we scheduled your interview....." So I should be getting my paper soon with the date! Keep me updated when you get your oath date. I am interested to know how long it takes. Hopefully not that much longer! By the way, how was the interview? Are you receiving citizenship through marriage? Do they ask you again to prove your marriage at all? Or is it more just the normal U.S. questions?

Edited by Maxstatarcos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, Maxstatarcos said:

I am so happy to see that today they updated my case online and said "on 10/27/17 we scheduled your interview....." So I should be getting my paper soon with the date! Keep me updated when you get your oath date. I am interested to know how long it takes. Hopefully not that much longer! By the way, how was the interview? Are you receiving citizenship through marriage? Do they ask you again to prove your marriage at all? Or is it more just the normal U.S. questions?

I will - no sign of it yet .

I applied based on 5 yr residency but I obtained my GC back in 2006 via my ex spouse - I actually had my interview back in Europe for the GC ,did not have to do AOS, and then 2 yrs later removed conditions without any issues and a few years later we ended up getting a divorce.

The interview was terrible - The lady went all the way back to 2006 (11 years ago ?!) and asked me all kinds of questions about how I met him , did I marry him for the papers, etc ....all kinds of questions that were similar to the initial interviews you would normally see with AOS .

It took me entirely by surprise, because she was very aggressive - but I answered all the questions and in the end she smiled and gave me the Recommended for approval paper - I cried on my way home in the car.

I have to tell you, it was one of the worst days of my life if not the worst.

She was extremely aggressive - and I had again to explain the bona fide ( how we fell in love , how we lived, etc) only to get to the end of story and explain how he cheated on me - so messed up - the divorce really affected me so having to go through the memories again was a mess.

Maybe it was because I did not have a previous interview in the US - my Green Card approval was at the embassy in Europe - and then we never had an interview for removal of conditions because we sent in all the paperwork and more. I don't know - but it was terrible.

She didn't want to see any paperwork, no taxes, no originals, nothing. Just my driver's license, GC and passport - which is actually expired since June , all the more reason to get this over with.

• sending I130 05/16/2007
  • cheque is cashed on 06/11/2007
  • NOA1 in mail 06/13/2007 (who said 13 is badluck )
  • 07/30/2007 After no touches and no other signs we just got an email with the APPROVAL of I130....Thank God !....now what ?

• 08/07/2007 Case received by NVC and case number assigned :))

• 08/13/2007 DS3032 and AOS bill were generated

• 08/14/2007 Emailed choice of agent ...i'm so curious when they will accept it...hopefully soon

• 08/21/2007 DS3032 and AOS fee bill arive in mail

• 08/27/2007 paid AOS fee bill
  • 8/28/2007 DS3032 choice of agent accepted
  • 9/3/2007 IV fee bill generated

Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, Maxstatarcos said:

Also - she had the entire file in front of her - I did not think about actually going over any of the prior paperwork that was submitted years back before the interview but you may want to , just to refresh your memory - she asked me about all the addresses I lived at , with who, for how long ....etc I am telling you, it was terrible.

• 07/30/2007 After no touches and no other signs we just got an email with the APPROVAL of I130....Thank God !....now what ?

• 08/14/2007 Emailed choice of agent ...i'm so curious when they will accept it...hopefully soon

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/30/2017 at 1:00 PM, candybabe said:

Also - she had the entire file in front of her - I did not think about actually going over any of the prior paperwork that was submitted years back before the interview but you may want to , just to refresh your memory - she asked me about all the addresses I lived at , with who, for how long ....etc I am telling you, it was terrible.

Hello, did you happen to get your oath done? I am wondering how long after the interview did you get the date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the main US Citizenship forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, Maxstatarcos said:

Hello, did you happen to get your oath done? I am wondering how long after the interview did you get the date?

I did - almost a month later - I got the formal letter pretty late , maybe a week before the actual oath date. But I had done an infopass and obtained a copy at the 2 week mark after the interview.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/25/2017 at 3:48 PM, Maxstatarcos said:

Hartford Filer HERE! 

I am getting so frustrated with their processing times on the website, they "update" them every couple months and they are still a couple months behind. 

Filed for N-400.

Priority date 4/18/17

FIngerprints in May

Case in line for interview since 6/20.

Nothing Since! 

I thought you could submit a case inquiry after 6 months but I tried today and it said it was still within normal processing time. Anyone know when you can submit it?

Hey. Anything updates ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, TuneImgrtnjourney said:

Hey. Anything updates ? 

Hello. Yes I had an interview on December 6th. I passed and they told me I would receive an oath date in the mail. Two weeks later I received the oath date of January 5th (yesterday). Unfortunately it was cancelled due to the day after the snowstorm :( apparently the government employees cannot work if there is snow on the ground! I was really upset .  Now I wait for them to reschedule. Seems never ending. But at least I know that's all that's left! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 1/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Maxstatarcos said:

Hello. Yes I had an interview on December 6th. I passed and they told me I would receive an oath date in the mail. Two weeks later I received the oath date of January 5th (yesterday). Unfortunately it was cancelled due to the day after the snowstorm :( apparently the government employees cannot work if there is snow on the ground! I was really upset .  Now I wait for them to reschedule. Seems never ending. But at least I know that's all that's left! 

Yes at least you know you're almost there. Congratulations. 

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.