We Keep Receipts

Police: Indian father tortures, kills man he believes raped his daughter

41 posts in this topic

Rape is not less wrong depending on who the victim is.

I just don't think you can make an assumption without proof and you can't take the law into your own hands. That undermines the fundamental basis of every system of justice out there.

I don't have the proof. The father does.

This statement is utterly ridiculous.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't have the proof. The father does.

This statement is utterly ridiculous.

People from civilised countries should not be in the business of endorsing the behaviour of those who take the law into their own hands. The fact of the matter is you are making an assumption based on the father's actions that the person he tortured and killed was responsible for the crime. That's an unreasonable assumption.

On the bolded bit, it was a response to this:

You can't go around raping people either!! Especially kids!!

Just pointing out to you that rape is not 'worse' depending on who the victim is.

People from civilised countries should not be in the business of endorsing the behaviour of those who take the law into their own hands. The fact of the matter is you are making an assumption based on the father's actions that the person he tortured and killed was responsible for the crime. That's an unreasonable assumption.

On the bolded bit, it was a response to this:

Just pointing out to you that rape is not 'worse' depending on who the victim is.

Well of course if it wasn't the guy I would be upset. If it was the guy I would not be upset. Being that justice in India for women and girls is slim to none somebody has to do something. And this is what that father did.

Rape is not "worse?" This statement makes no sense what so every. I girl getting raped is bad. Bottom line horrible.

Timeline

Well of course if it wasn't the guy I would be upset. If it was the guy I would not be upset. Being that justice in India for women and girls is slim to none somebody has to do something. And this is what that father did.

Rape is not "worse?" This statement makes no sense what so every. I girl getting raped is bad. Bottom line horrible.

Sure, but making an assumption of guilt based on a 3rd hand account of an event you have no other knowledge of is clearly fraught with problems. Is it not?

Yes - rape is a horrible crime. I do not disagree.

If someone raped and tortured any one of my children, they better pray they get life with no parole.

I'd plus 1 ya if I could. Silly phone.

I've always felt this way. Of course I'd me 100% sure he was guilty first.

Per Hail Ming "Just pointing out to you that rape is not 'worse' depending on who the victim is."

It is okay for some to get raped and not okay for others. Some cases of rape are worse and some are just everyday average it was okay rapes? I don't know. I'm still confused by his comment.

Timeline

Per Hail Ming "Just pointing out to you that rape is not 'worse' depending on who the victim is."

It is okay for some to get raped and not okay for others. Some cases of rape are worse and some are just everyday average it was okay rapes? I don't know. I'm still confused by his comment.

You should reread your own comment that i responded to. Then all should become clear. Edited by Hail Ming!

Let me help you out. Hail Ming is saying that rape is bad, no matter who it is. Janelle was saying that people react more visibly when it's a child involved. Hope this clears this up. You're both saying the same thing, just using different words.

Me too. I'd be like Dexter. I don't condone vigilantism, but if the rapist couldn't be convicted in the court of law over something technical, there is going to be a problem. Your kids are an extension of you, I'd expect no less reaction from a parent.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

At least the father did not kill his daughter for shaming the family name (honor killings in some culture), instead he killed the rapist.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-display-1.asp?xfile=data/international/2014/November/international_November126.xml&section=international

An Indian man who tortured and killed his daughter’s alleged rapist before calmly turning himself in wanted to send a message that those who commit such crimes cannot escape justice, his wife has said.

The 36-year-old father of six turned himself into police last week and confessed to strangling his neighbour after the man allegedly admitted raping the 14-year-old.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told police he acted after discovering that his daughter was pregnant.

According to the police report, the teenager told her father she had been raped by the family’s trusted neighbour and tenant, who had threatened to kill her if she told anyone. A doctor’s report confirmed the assault, according to police.

“I was shocked because we treated the tenant just like our family member. He breached my trust,” police quoted the father as saying.

Rapes frequently go unpunished in India, where cases can take years to come to court, and victims often face social stigma.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Doesn't change the fact that taking the law into ones hands is no proof of anything.

The fact that rapes go unpunished in India doesn't mean that the person in this case committed the crime.

Its not difficult to understand this.

I don't think anybody really thinks vigilante justice is fine.

I just think that most people find the thought of a child being raped so repulsive that they can sympathize with the father and understand his actions. Honestly, I don't know how anybody could not feel that way.