naphleon

NVC - Expedited Request Inquiry

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

We were just issued a case number and invoice number from the NVC yesterday. Our case was expedited through the USCIS but after reading through many posts within the VJ forum, I've learned that we must now email the NVC with a new request for expedited services. My question is, should we wait until we've paid our invoice and submitted all documents, including the DS-260, to send the request for expedition, or should we email them today with our request? Just don't want to be counter-productive by getting an approval for expedited services but then have the file sent to the embassy in Ankara with incomplete documentation, or have my request for expedition somehow actually delay our process. As a side note, we are represented by an attorney, but as of yet, he has been unhelpful and discouraging when it comes to expedited services. We have applied for expedition based on financial hardship as we have a 20-month old daughter and it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to manage everything on my own.

All replies are greatly appreciated!

Karyn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hi Karyn, we just applied for expedite with nvc as well. We didnt wait for submitting ds form or pay any fees. From what i have heard, you bring all those documents for interview. Also fees are paid at the embassy

Timeline

Thanks, for the reply Newbie.

I'm incredibly confused because our attorney has requested an original, signed Form I-864, along with an official letter from my employer verifying my date of employment and income, along with a signed Form G-28, which notifies the NVC that he is my attorney. We also had to provide proof of previous addresses for the last ten years for my husband. That was no small task, considering he is a former professional soccer player, so he moved quite a bit with different teams, through Turkey. Are you and your husband represented by an attorney, or working through this without representation?

Timeline

Those forms will be necessary but from what I know if you get your expedite request approved it will be embassy taking over and you wont deal with nvc after that. I hope someone will correct me if Im wrong but this is the info we received. So your husband will need to carry those forms with him and not send it to nvc. We didnt hire any attorney, just trying luck by ourselves :) we emailed all the information and request for expedite only yesterday so hopefully we hear back soon. If they provide some more information that could be of some use for you I will let you know

Timeline

Thanks for your help, Jana.

After your response and speaking with our attorney's office yesterday, I emailed or request for expedition. Please let me know when/if you receive a response on your request.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!! :o)

Timeline

I received the following response today from NVC:

Dear Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ANKXXXXX filed by KARYN on behalfofLEVENT.

Your request for the expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition is currently under review. You will be informed of the results when the review is completed.

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Case Number: ANKXXXXXXXX

Petitioner's Name: KARYN

Principal Applicant's Name: LEVENT

Preference Category: CR1

Your Priority Date: 15May2014

Foreign State Chargeability: TURKEY

Invoice ID Number: XXXXXXXX

U.S. EMBASSY, CONSULAR SECTION

ATATÜRK BLVD. 110

06100 KAVAKLIDERE

ANKARA, TURKEY

Lilian | Public Inquiry Unit | 603-334-0700 | NVCExpedite@state.gov

National Visa Center | 31 Rochester Avenue | Portsmouth | NH | 03801

Hopefully we will receive an approval within the next week or so.

Timeline

Thats a great news! I hope you get approved and you both can be together in no time! :) my husband is currently deployed in the Middle East so he doesnt have access to his email each day but today he should be able to check his inbox and hopefully similar email awaits us too :)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Jana, Munny,

Our initial request was denied but I'm being told I should send another request. Do either of you have a template of your email request? Perhaps your wording was better than my original email.

Heartbroken. :(

Timeline

Hello Karyn, im very very sorry :( keep on trying,hopefully it will go through this second time. give me few minutes I will look for the email that we sent them and will send it to you in a message

Timeline

Thanks for forwarding your template to me. I'm going to rework our request and try again!!

Wishing you and your husband the very best for the upcoming year. Surely it will be great because you will be reunited!! :)

Timeline

Thank you :) I really hope it will work out for you as well. Did you send any additional documents to nvc in the meantime or you were waiting on their answer regarding the expedite? Im still worried it might take a little longer than we hoped for since nvc is taking forever with everything. After we found out they approved our request I got super excited and filled out the DS-261 form in a hurry though before I heard nothing should be filled as long as youre not told to do so by the consulate. Now Im worried that with current DS-261 review times I somehow "stopped" our case from shipping until they dont review the form. We will call nvc again on Monday. How did you find out about them denying your request? Did they send you any email or you called and asked an operator? If they emailed you how many days it took them from their "under review" email?

Timeline

I requested the expedite via email on November 4th and they denied it November 7th.

Dear Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ANK2014805004 filed by KARYN ANNE GULER on behalf of LEVENT GULER.

The U.S. Embassy has denied your request for expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition. This petition will continue processing at the NVC. Once the NVC receives and reviews the required fees and documents, a visa interview appointment will be scheduled based on capacity at the U.S. Embassy.

For further information regarding NVC processing, please visit: http://nvc.state.gov/.

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

I would definitely call NVC and ask where your case is currently!! Best of luck and thanks so much for your help!!

Timeline

I requested the expedite via email on November 4th and they denied it November 7th.

Dear Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ANK2014805004 filed by KARYN ANNE GULER on behalf of LEVENT GULER.

The U.S. Embassy has denied your request for expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition. This petition will continue processing at the NVC. Once the NVC receives and reviews the required fees and documents, a visa interview appointment will be scheduled based on capacity at the U.S. Embassy.

For further information regarding NVC processing, please visit: http://nvc.state.gov/.

IMPORTANT:

I would definitely call NVC and ask where your case is currently!! Best of luck and thanks so much for your help!!

You have to go by the criteria for expedite in my opinion and try presenting a strong case. Just when you write again try showing how you qualify for that criteria and not being emotional plus include supporting documents. May be you can try the senator and congressman to help ou too. All the best.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review.~~~

***Thread back open, several posts by other members about their own situation and replies to said posts have either been split off or removed. When posting in this thread, please directly address the OP's questions or do not post. If you have a question about your own situation, please start your own thread. Anymore hijack posts in this thread will simply be removed along with the poster's access to this thread (members who reply to hijack posts will not be thread banned).***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.