Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Travelling with an AP card

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom

Hi all!

I have my AP/employment card (got it July 31st) but am still waiting on my GC. I need to travel at the end of November to Japan and China.

My question my be a bit silly: how do you actually use the AP card? When I re-enter the US do I show the combo card along with my passport? Or is there something more complicated about it?

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian


Adopted New Yorker


Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carry it with your passport and present them both to the CBPO when reentering the US. The card should say serves as I-512 advance parole on the bottom.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Inquiry about AP-related travel~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...