Jalisha

my kids are US citizen and I have B1/B2 visa

17 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

i would like to ask a suggestion, I have a five years B1/B2 visa for 3 years I used to come back and forth but last year i was pregnant and accidentally i gave birth in the US of two kids, they are actually US citizen. but i am in my home country now, come to the US every 2 months for medical check up with my kids, they are one years old now, my concern is I am traveling too much sometimes its an obligation since i dont want to live here Illegal I would like to ask is there any way i can adjust my status or apply for a green card just to take care od my kids?

thanks in advance for advices,

Edited by Jalisha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like money is not an issue as you can afford the air fare and medical costs.

Usual routes are family, work or investment. As has been mentioned children do not count until 21.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

thnx guys, Boiler for the past month money was not issues but in the future i wont be able to afford it. thats why i am planing what should be done as i cant definitely stay in the US to work legally.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In this case you will have to rely on the health care back home.

Is the father of your children a US citizen and are you married?

thnx guys, Boiler for the past month money was not issues but in the future i wont be able to afford it. thats why i am planing what should be done as i cant definitely stay in the US to work legally.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

A few questions:

1. Where is your home country (curious how far you're travelling)

2. Your husband is a b1/b2 as well so why on earth are you bringing your children to the USA for medical care?

3. Are your children with you and your husband?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The OP has not mentioned any basis for immigrating to the US and has ruled out many of the normal options. Seems odd to come to the US for medical care. I have come across many people from the US who go elsewhere because of the cost.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

ummmmmmmmmmm...why would you fly to the US just for doctor appointments for your kids? No doctors in your home country? And how does one "accidentally" give birth? There is no way for you to adjust status, end of story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, but there appear to be no options for you. Is adequate medical care available for you in your home country? Are you ensuring that all medical bills are being paid?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi!

If you and your husband are from Dominican republic and just have tourist visas, if your kinds are..accidentally born in the US it has nothing to do with you on getting a green card. If not lots of pregnant people would come here to give birth their kids and stay.

Have you been working illegally in the states with a tourist visa and when got pregnant thought having the kids here would adjust your status???

Where do you stay everytime you come do you have any kind of direct family here??? Brother, sister....parents...??? Maybe there is a different way to adjust......

Medical in the US is very expensive that's why we are kind of confuse about the situation and what your plan is or what happened and what's the reason you keep coming to the doctors here

. Maybe if you explained more we could understand better it seems odd so far

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to What Visa do I need forum*****

Op, it does not lok like there is a visa for you, but can you tell us more about your situation?

It sounds like your twins were born in the US unplanned, maybe because they were early? And so they had to stay in the NICU in the USA but you went home and visit them regularly, is that the case? What is their prognosis?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ummmmmmmmmmm...why would you fly to the US just for doctor appointments for your kids? No doctors in your home country? And how does one "accidentally" give birth? There is no way for you to adjust status, end of story.

My mother "accidentally" gave birth to me in Europe when she was living there and wanted to return to the US to give birth. I came early. It happens. If there is a specialize treatment in the US that may not be offered in a smaller country like the DR, why should she not return to the US for specialize medical care?

To the OP, I would suggest you try to find a legal means of working in the US. If you were able to get B2 visa, I'm assuming you were established enough in the DR to have a decent job that would allow you to transfer to the US or apply for work in the US. Perhaps that or immediate family you may already have in the US would be your best means of establishing residency in the US.

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I am guessing your children, as USC, have free insurance in the US and that is why you bring them here for medical care.

There is not path for you to obtain a green card through your children until they turn 21. If you have other family here there may be a way to obtain a green card. Other options are a student visa, investors visa, or a work visa. You can always apply for the diversity lottery.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.