11 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's not about when the visa expires, the K1 becomes invalid upon entry. It's the expiration of the I-94 that matters and the important thing is that you married within the 90 days. There is no time limit to file AOS, you can file it when you can. Just make sure you marry within 90 days of entry.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about peri-AOS process, post K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

If you married already there is nothing to worry about, you can file AOS the next weeks or even next month

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

visa not matter.

marry within 90 days? great ! go file the AOS + EAD + AP next.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are fine, but file your AOS + AP + EAD as soon as possible so you could be able to work legally and travel outside US. Remember that your legibility for citizenship starts 3 years after you have the green card, so the earlier the better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is no time limit/deadline in which to file for AOS. As long as you married within 90 days then you are eligible to file based on your approved I-129F petition and fulling the requirements of the K-1 visa. However, you will be out of status and begin to accrue unlawful presence between your I-94 expiring and filing for AOS. Once you file for AOS, you then enter a period of authorized stay while waiting for your green card approval.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you so much Vj members, well.. we are married and my I-94 expires in Nov.5 too.. just worried about my status since we are so slow processing my AOS. We will try to process it before my I-94 expires.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your chances of being detained for being out of status are very small, but it exists. You should be ok. People wait days, weeks and months without issues. Stay away from border checkpoints and riding on buses.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I travel with my husband in the truck. So far they didn't asked for my visa. They just asked the letter from the company that I am permitted to be be seated on the passenger's side. Until now we haven't filed our AOS. So hard when you are not sitting at home coz trucks don't go to places where car normally goes and mist of the time we travel in the mountains.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.