rtor1

Texas Service Center - K1 Processing Time

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks guys.

VJ says my process should be adjudicated this month and I kinda guessed it was due to the transferred applications! :(

I wish they could transfer ours to CSC!! I think it is totally luck of the draw!

Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

One thing that nobody's mentioned is that MANY people make mistakes when filling out their timelines by choosing TSC when they're really at CSC. This of course negatively affects the accuracy of all of the estimates that VJ makes. It seems like this problem has been getting worse lately, too. Also note that many of the recent fast approvals at TSC seem to be for beneficiaries from the Ukraine, suggesting that they received expedites and did not follow the same process as the rest of us.

Timeline

Yeah, you're totally right! I do believe people makes a lot of mistakes (I have seen interview dates before the NOA2 approval dates!) and I thought I was the only one noticing that the Ukraine beneficiaries are always approved so fast, lol! Unfortunately I can not make any prediction and VJ is not a good estimate (Mine is August 29 to October 7 - It totally makes no sense!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I totally understand! My NA01 was June 10 and still nothing :( Sometimes it seems they have totally skipped over us June filers. Hopefully we hear something soon!

Edited by luvHKman

I129 sent 6/6/14

Packet received 6/10/14

Email NA01 6/13/14

Alien reg changed 6/16/14

Hardcopy NA01 6/23/14 (11 days since email)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

(I have seen interview dates before the NOA2 approval dates!)

Someone on here has a NOA1 date before their filing date. If only it were that easy! ;)

Yes, some of us have pretty much abandoned the VJ predictions. The data source for the estimates is based on accuracy of the members when (if they even do) completing them and so many are just peppered with very obvious errors that it is completely meaningless. Our NOA1 was early August. VJ suggests we are within the period where we may have our petition adjudicated. However, the June filers are still waiting. Enough said.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

LuvHKman, I do hope we hear soon from them. I guess the waiting itself is not the worst, but the lack of info and updated status. I would be glad if I knew that my petition is there just waiting for other XXX thousands to be adjudicated. It should be something to be implemented since they do know how many petitions they receive per day.

Wbeem, well said and unfortunately MARCH applicants are still waiting!

Filed: Timeline

i pray that you get it soon, i think you are close. I sent mine on April 4 and got it on Sep 25..so its about 5.5 month. I called them and asked a lot and it kept breaking my heart to hear them say that they are backed up and working on December case but u think you are very close God willing you hear something soon

Filed: Timeline

I was one of the lucky one's that was recently approved out of the TSC, in a very short time, but as someone mentioned earlier its because my beneficiary is from Ukraine. This was definitely not an "automatic" expedite but her home town is Donetsk and I was able to get an expedite. Even still it wasn't easy! And I had no RFEs.

I can understand the frustration. I don't believe the standard timeline has a place to indicate that it was an expedited review. If it did it might help. But, from what I've read and researched there's so many other factors that go into play. The security checks being the biggest factor. Yeah, I read also that a review only takes ~15-20 mins to complete, if there are any "hits" when they run the security checks this can often lead to several weeks or months delay. I think this is just one of the reasons we see discrepancies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have the same situation. I received NAO1, on June 13, but still waiting for approval. On uscis it still says "initial review." While I noticed that others with acceptance date after us have already received approval notices.

I'm confused with this as well.

My wedding is January 10, and was hoping to hear already.

When I call uscis, they can't help because tsc is in range, since they refuse to update their systemc and are stuck at March 4th.

I understand your frustration. I'm experiencing the same.

Yes like I said in an earlier post..there is no transparency. I do not think we ask for much...just an update on their site on how far the process is on our I-129f (say %). However, nothing is given out....the two Senators we used were totally useless. One if you call after 10am gets so busy that they have you leave a VM and no return call. The 'excuse' given is they have 400 cases to work on..(like its my fault).

Bottom line is this: The USCIS is over burdened by the illegals (and YES that's what they are) and the politics of politicians pandering to that crowd's relatives....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am a K1 Visa Beneficiary and got the NOA1 by the middle of June. I have seen people that applied after me and already got their approval (According to VJ Timelines) in the same Service Center (Texas). I am really glad for them, however I was just wondering if anyone knows how it works! I don't understand how people that apply after others get their approval before! I didn't get any RFE and when I check our case online all I see is the ''Initial Review''status. It's been 4 months and I have no idea if everything went well!! I don't know if due to the fact that my fiancé is in the Navy (13 years), the background checks are more strict and it might take a little longer!

Thanks.

You won't anything till the processing time is completed. I'm entering 5 months soon and haven't got an RFE. Good luck :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi all

we got NOA1 on June 6th, then nothing happened.

we are waiting and waiting and waiting, nobody knows how Texas office works, maybe in the end we will receive RFE or Approval, but when? I have no IDEA

and it's funny that on the time line of VJ it must be June 21

anybody knows anything? I don't think so

In my experience the average time its 6 months at least.

Regards.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Hi Newbie,

Maybe it was just a messed-up website upload tho. If y'all filled for the G-1145 the Petitioner should receive a txt or e-mail about the NOA2. It never happened to me and all I see is the initial review! You mentioned you need a password to check your status? I just go online and type my case number. Is there any other source I should be checking at?

What I really don't get is the fact that people applying after us get their approval. Maybe they route the applications by region or something like that! Otherwise there wouldn't be a reasonable explanation (Or background checks due to the people involved).

I don't know if they need home country information and maybe it takes a while. I assume you're also from Brazil (Just like me) and maybe it takes long here. I am saying this because my fiancé is trying to come for New Years and he needs the Country Clearance (Military purposes) and the person in change in Brasília took more than 2 months to give him the country approval!

Hi, the G-1145 doesn't enable you to receive the NOA2 update. It only enables you to get the NOA1 via text and email. You need to create an account on the USCIS tracking page, then attach your receipt number to the online account. Only then will you get a text and email when NOA2 time arrives. That's probably what they meant by the password.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

and it's funny that on the time line of VJ it must be June 21

anybody knows anything? I don't think so

Ignore it. It's not even vaguely correct.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Hi Ketsuban,

Thanks. I didn't know we would need the account to get the updates. I just go online and type the number of our case to get the status, I assume it's the same tho. I thought the G-1145 was applicable to the whole process.

Greg L. I guess all the Ukraine petitions go thru the Expedite Criteria due to the social problems there. I do think the security checks take a while and I have no idea what they take into account. In my case, my fiancé is in the Military and I know they need to make sure there are no information exchange risks between both countries (But it should be known already since they process petitions everyday and they know already the countries they consider a risk for the national security).

Hopefully I won't wait more than 6 months! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.