yenni87

MEdical exam done (review)

14 posts in this topic

Went today to do the medical, i arrived at 6:30 they let u in and leave my cell phone in a locker and gave me a form to put my info and the adresse where am goin to live... after filling the form put in a line had to put my name and last name behind my pictures u have to take 5 pictures now no longer 3... they give u a plastic little bag so every medical test u do goin to give u a coin different colors so u know u've donde that test is a total of 4 coins.... inside was easy and fast until to have to wait to do body exam... i was out by 10:30 they told me the best day is thursday and friday cuz i less people inside to do the medical i paid in pesos a total of 10,300 u can pay in pesos or in $$ is up to you .....any question feel free to ask :)

Sounds like it was a smooth process for you. I would suggest that you go and pick them up yourself. DO NOT HAVE THEM SEND TO CONSULATE!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

My fiancé also went today to get his medical done and he told me the same thing! He had everything together and organized, including 4 2x2 passport style pictures for the medical exam (even though they only requested 3). However, once we got to Consultorios de Visa, he was told he need to go outside and take the 2x2 pictures again because he needed 6 photographs and they all needed to be the same. So he had to leave and pay 400 pesos to take the pictures over again and then take them back and get his medical done! Other than that, everything else went smoothly and just as expected! Good luck everyone!

Went today to do the medical, i arrived at 6:30 they let u in and leave my cell phone in a locker and gave me a form to put my info and the adresse where am goin to live... after filling the form put in a line had to put my name and last name behind my pictures u have to take 5 pictures now no longer 3... they give u a plastic little bag so every medical test u do goin to give u a coin different colors so u know u've donde that test is a total of 4 coins.... inside was easy and fast until to have to wait to do body exam... i was out by 10:30 they told me the best day is thursday and friday cuz i less people inside to do the medical i paid in pesos a total of 10,300 u can pay in pesos or in $$ is up to you .....any question feel free to ask :)

You didnt get the vacunas??

Did you take your old vaccines with you? How did you know which one u needed?

My fiancé also went today to get his medical done and he told me the same thing! He had everything together and organized, including 4 2x2 passport style pictures for the medical exam (even though they only requested 3). However, once we got to Consultorios de Visa, he was told he need to go outside and take the 2x2 pictures again because he needed 6 photographs and they all needed to be the same. So he had to leave and pay 400 pesos to take the pictures over again and then take them back and get his medical done! Other than that, everything else went smoothly and just as expected! Good luck everyone!

Thx for the info in regards to the passport photos, I will update the Dom Rep NOA2 thread.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Did you take your old vaccines with you? How did you know which one u needed?

no i did not cuz last yime haf my vaccines was when i was little they know what u need depends ur age

I'm happy you're moving along in this process..thanks for all the input...

Question; how long before you return to pick up your medical records??

Please keep us posted and best of luck on your interview!

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

I'm happy you're moving along in this process..thanks for all the input...

Question; how long before you return to pick up your medical records??

Please keep us posted and best of luck on your interview!

thank u so much am happy too ... 3 days they put a sticker on ur passport they write the date u have to pick it up if u have kids is in 5 days

Glad you are done with that. Seems like it went smoothly. Question. Would you be able to tell what does the $10,300 entails? How much were the vaccines and how much were the rest of the tests?

Glad you are done with that. Seems like it went smoothly. Question. Would you be able to tell what does the $10,300 entails? How much were the vaccines and how much were the rest of the tests?

8,300 was the medical exam and 2,053 the vaccines here is the form that i had to fill there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.