Masenko

221 - G - Need Help everyone

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All

My fiancé went for her interview today and everything went good, but they gave her the 221g saying they want to see proof of "strained" relationship.

Now as confusing that sounds, let me provide the back story.

We met online and then started talking over the phone since June 2013, we really liked each other and so before we gave in we decided to meet in London. Spend five days and we were good to go. Now to clarify, we are indian and are parents are very traditional. We wanted to meet each other first in person and decide if we liked each other. We then told our parents and we all met again in India early Oct 2013. Her parents were on board and my parents weren't. They were against it due to caste difference. This caused a major rift between me and her for almost a month, where I kept trying to convince my parents and she was running out of patience. She was finishing school in London at that point and the month of Oct and Nov were tough for us, where I couldn't give a concrete answer and she wasn't sure if she wanted to wait around and also go in a family where her inlaws really didn't like her.

Here is the twist, end of November she applied for a tourist visa for the USA, interview date was Dec 3rd, 2014. She had just come back from finishing her school and her mum wanted to take her for vacation to the states. Well they denied her, gave the visa to the mum.

In the mean time we had stopped talking briefly as I was struggling with my parents to convince them, but kept hitting a wall. Those few weeks of not talking, I realized I was going to lose the best thing that happened to me and I decided to take a stand for me and her without my parents blessing. The realization I had was mid December (I guess it was the holidays), I told her, she didn't buy it. She said she really does love me, and its been hard, but doesn't trust my actions. I hence said I would come there and get engaged with her if she and her parents were onboard.

I flew out on new years and we got engaged on Jan 7th, 2014.

Here is what happened at the interview today. The Consulate officer was fine with everything, but says that why did she apply for a visitors visa in that time period (December 3rd, 2013). He thinks it was a ploy to circumvent the system and come to the states with the intention to get married. I understand very well that it looks bad, but it isn't the truth.

He hasn't denied us, but has asked to show evidence of a strained relationship in that time frame (Oct - Dec 2013). This is where it gets tough as all the conversations we had were on phone, a few whatsapp messages and that's it. We are confused on how to "think out of the box" to show evidence of this time frame if it was all over the phone. She explained this to the CO and he didn't budge.

I can request affidavits from friends (hers and mine), who knew about our tough time and can attest to it. I need some suggestions from all of you. Any help, any advise is welcomed. Thanks and please ask to clarify anything.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I think the strongest evidence would be from your family members who were causing you these problems in the first place, who better than to prove the strain better than those that caused it?

I don't know where they stand now, but some sworn affidavits from them and how they feel about everything sure would help your case.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, this is truly dumb. Your approval is being delayed because you can't prove that you spent enough time fighting with each other. I would have thought it would be the opposite...

Anyway, I agree with affidavits from the family members who object. Let them tell exactly where they stand on your relationship and don't spare any feelings.

Also, if the two of you weren't speaking to each other as much, perhaps show a lack of communication during this period? For example, if you went from emailing, Skyping, whatever, twice per day down to once per week or once every few days, it would show a change in your pattern. Submit communication proof before, during, and after this period for comparison. If you do phone records show lots of 5-10 min phone calls (which is how people fight) instead of fewer 1 1/2 hour phone calls (which is how people in love communicate).

Also point out that you two were not getting along Dec 3 when she interviewed for the visitor visa, so you wouldn't have married her anyway at that point (statement from you, plus statement from your family to support this.)

Did you make any comments in social media which would have reflected these hard times (consistently negative status updates, comments that allude to the situation, etc)? While not direct evidence, it could all add up to show relationship problems. If she has any of this information, perhaps she can submit too.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

I am the Petitioner

Our Relationship

2013-04 - Fiance and I have first non-work related chat at work. The topic...Scotch!

2013-06 - We get better acquainted outside of work via Facebook.

2013-09-07- We're a couple!

2013-11-27- We meet in person for the first time! I travel to India and we spend 10 days together in Delhi.

2013-12 -2014-02- Sometime between December and February, we become engaged (positive now after in-person meeting luv.gif )

Our K-1 Journey

2014-02-18- I-129F mailed

2014-02-25- NOA1. Assigned to Texas Service Center.

2014-02-27- Alien registration number changed.

2014-08-12- UCSIS website updated.... RFE for more evidence of intent to marry (engagement photos, wedding announcements, deposits paid, etc). :wow:

2014-08-19- RFE response. Waiting to see what happens....

2014-09-08- I-129F APPROVED finally!!! :dance:

2014-09-12- Petition sent to NVC.

2014-09-17- 2nd trip to New Delhi

2014-12-09- Interview in New Delhi. PETITIONER ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW. Result- Approved!!!!

2015-03-20- POE Charlotte, NC

2015-03-25- Married!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.