Teresa27

Visa Issued - now how long?

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I had my interview last wednesday and today my CEAC status changed from AP to Issued. I was wondering if anyone knew how long from being issued are you sent an email from the courier?

Thank you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

It would depend on your country and the local office queue. Some of them are as early as 3 days, others have been seen to be 14 days. Check in the section for your embassy info.

Hi everyone.

I had my interview last wednesday and today my CEAC status changed from AP to Issued. I was wondering if anyone knew how long from being issued are you sent an email from the courier?

Thank you!

It always varies, but a good chance for delivery by Thursday/ Friday. Odd things can happen so don't book a weekend flight yet.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone.

Thank you!

I am waiting for my status to change from Tuesday last week. When did you notice the CEAC website change?

Rich

I am waiting for my status to change from Tuesday last week. When did you notice the CEAC website change?

Rich

Since my interview I have been checking my status every day and it's being going like this (if it's any help):

15th Oct (interview day): Ready

16th Oct: Ready

17th Oct: Ready

20th Oct: Administrative Processing

Today: Administrative Processing this morning and when I checked again at 1pm it had changed to issued.

But from all the date changes on CEAC it seems they looked at/handled my case in some way every day.

I hope you get some good news soon. It must be horrible when you think you're so close and something else happens to keep you waiting.

Timeline

Since my interview I have been checking my status every day and it's being going like this (if it's any help):

15th Oct (interview day): Ready

16th Oct: Ready

17th Oct: Ready

20th Oct: Administrative Processing

Today: Administrative Processing this morning and when I checked again at 1pm it had changed to issued.

But from all the date changes on CEAC it seems they looked at/handled my case in some way every day.

I hope you get some good news soon. It must be horrible when you think you're so close and something else happens to keep you waiting.

Thank you for the information.

My interview was on the 6th but didn't get approved until the 9th and had to resubmit my passport which the embassy received on the 14th. I am currently still on 'Ready' although I was in Administrative Processing from the 6th until the 9th inclusive and just waiting for it to be issued.

Best regards

Rich

Timeline

Visa Issued today......................... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Congrats! That must be a huge relief after all the buggeration! :)

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Visa Issued today......................... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Brilliant! Hope it doesn't take too long to get to you now. I'm still on issued.

Do you know if the London Embassy only sends out their couriers on certain days of the week?

Timeline

Brilliant! Hope it doesn't take too long to get to you now. I'm still on issued.

Do you know if the London Embassy only sends out their couriers on certain days of the week?

I have no idea.

DX Couriers calls in everyday from what I can gather so it doesn't make sense if the embassy is hanging on to your visa??? Once it's issued, there is no further processing and it's just matter of DX collecting the visa from the embassy and delivering it back to you.

Have you spoken to DX or the embassy?

Rich

I have no idea.

DX Couriers calls in everyday from what I can gather so it doesn't make sense if the embassy is hanging on to your visa??? Once it's issued, there is no further processing and it's just matter of DX collecting the visa from the embassy and delivering it back to you.

Have you spoken to DX or the embassy?

Rich

Rich!!!! I JUST got the email telling me I can pick it up from the DX depot tomorrow!!

What are the chances!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.