bestluck

still not received my green card ? :(

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The green card is taking a bit longer than the SS card, you should get it soon. Have you been tracking production online? You will find this thread useful http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/439537-green-card-production-after-elis/page-83

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

The GC can take from 1 to 3 months to arrive by mail. In the interim, your immigrant visa with the stamp is your temporary GC for one year, for all intents and purposes as an actual GC.

This does not constitute legal advice.

The GC can take from 1 to 3 months to arrive by mail. In the interim, your immigrant visa with the stamp is your temporary GC for one year, for all intents and purposes as an actual GC.

thank you .

can i work without green card on my visa please ? i have IR1 VISA UNITL DEC 24

Yes of course you can, however the expiration date on the visa is not how long the visa is valid as a temporary GC. The expiration date on the visa is irrelevant once you do POE.

Once you enter the US, the visa will be valid for one year from the day you did POE, as a temporary GC.Therefore, if you entered the US on September 24, 2014, it would expire on September 23, 2015, NOT in December.

Yes of course you can, however the expiration date on the visa is not how long the visa is valid as a temporary GC. The expiration date on the visa is irrelevant once you do POE.

Once you enter the US, the visa will be valid for one year from the day you did POE, as a temporary GC.Therefore, if you entered the US on September 24, 2014, it would expire on September 23, 2015, NOT in December.

ok thank you so much thats mean i can work without any problem and wait for my green card to come in mail i just need states ID ..... i think to starning working here

Yes, and once you have your SSN you can also use the immigrant visa to get your state ID or driver's license as well, plus whatever other proof the FL DMV requires. Although, you don't need a state id to begin working.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.