lostinblue

Police: Man Climbs Out Of Grate, Throws Smoke Bombs In Greenwich Village Restaurant

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If you want to cause mass casualties anywhere in this country all you need is a semi automatic and ammo. Columbine, Newtown, Aurora... the list goes on and on, but it is far more expedient to pretend the real danger is some punk with a smoke bomb in the Village.

Yet, funnily enough, the punk with the smoke grenade is exactly the "danger" made evident in this instance. There were no guns involved. :no:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Yet, funnily enough, the punk with the smoke grenade is exactly the "danger" made evident in this instance. There were no guns involved. :no:

And there are no ties to terrorism, yet the claims exist.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

As it would be a red herring attempting to associate this incident with terrorism in any way shape of form... (that includes 'mass casualties' and other hyperbolic manifestations btw... )

Trouble is, a single fragmentation grenade would have cause just that. :yes:

A phosphorus grenade might have been worse.

And there would not have been a gun to be seen. :no:

I still think it was a bad review for the tofu lasagne, though. ;)

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Which pretty much disavows your own comment in regards to highlighting how this has anything to do with terrorism or mass casualties.

Incidentally, where in the copy did you read anything about a 'grenade'?

#facepalm

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

woud have / there would not... yep... coulda, shoulda, woulda,,,

Nice back peddling but no, thanks.

Trouble is, a single fragmentation grenade would have cause just that. :yes:

A phosphorus grenade might have been worse.

And there would not have been a gun to be seen. :no:

I still think it was a bad review for the tofu lasagne, though. ;)

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Which pretty much disavows your own comment in regards to highlighting how this has anything to do with terrorism or mass casualties.

I never claimed it did, much though you might wish I had. lol:

Incidentally, where in the copy did you read anything about a 'grenade'?

For grenade, read hand-thrown bomb, and you might get there. :thumbs:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I wish to point out that this has been done in the past - someone comes out from left field with a weapon and kills several people.

IMHO it is hypocritical to pretend that weapon would need to be something else in order to qualify the act as terrorism.

I think that LIB's point was that it would be easy for a terrorist to do this and cause some serious carnage. It wouldn't have to be ISIS, they are plenty of home grown lunatics walking the streets.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I never claimed it did, much though you might wish I had. lol:

Yes you claimed so. But what are words, right?

'... but it serves to highlight just how easy it would be for an terrorist to cause mass casualties in a city like NYC. ...'

And there we go with the snide remarks. Nice to know you've run out of argument again. Better luck next time. ;)

I apologize. I didn't mean it in snide. It was so obvious, I meant it more like a remark... Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I never said there were. :no:

What this incident shows, on the other hand, is just how easy it would be to carry out an attack like this :no:

The only reason this got posted was because it is being tied to terrorism. Had this been an attack with a firearm, the OP wouldn't have posted this article.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Yes you claimed so. But what are words, right?

'... but it serves to highlight just how easy it would be for an terrorist to cause mass casualties in a city like NYC. ...'

I apologize. I didn't mean it in snide. It was so obvious I meant it more like a remark...

You do understand what "would be" means, don't you? <_<

Go back and read my first post as it was written, not how you wish it had been written. Then, maybe you might understand what I actually wrote. I never claimed this incident was terrorism. I simply made the observation that this incident served to highlight how easy it would be to carry out something similar, but with a more deadly intent.

The only reason this got posted was because it is being tied to terrorism. Had this been an attack with a firearm, the OP wouldn't have posted this article.

But I could name at least three others who would have. ;)

2011-11-15.garfield.png